It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about your experiences with a Ouija Board...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is a place to tell about how good, bad, awesome, scary, or just creepy your experiences with a Ouija Board was...please, tell me IN DETAIL about everything and how it worked out.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have done some readings on it but I have never tried it before. From what I can tell, most people will say it is evil and you should never dabble with it. Possession might happen. I think it is the subconscious mind which is doing the pushing of the dish and the overall atmosphere that the participant is in causes the unknown fear.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've done it three times. Even once in a graveyard. I was completely serious about it at the time as a "skeptic."

Nothing happened. Not at 12:00am, not at 3:00am.

Nothing happened in my house the other times either.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Ive tried it many times when I was a teenager.. Ive contacted allot of spirits Some bad some good. Ive never had any paranormal things happen to me though. Once I convinced my Mom to try it with me, she didnt believe it at the time, she thought I was moving it. We ended up contacting her aunt Rose. My Mom was suprised when the spirit said her name and looked at me with suspicion but realised that there was no way that I could of known Her aunt Rose since she died 30 years before I was born. We also got this spirit that was trying to get us to call his wife.. he gave us the number and told us to call it and tell his wife where the "Money was hidden" Although I wanted to call the number My mom told me not to do it cause she didnt believe that we were ment to help. So we told the spirit sorry and that we could not help him. He was really upset and left. Another Time we contacted a spirit named Gabriel.
I asked if he was Gabriel the angel and he replied "yes"
I asked him how come we actually were able to contact him and he replied with a question "Do you Love God?" We awnsered yes.. He said good. Then I asked him what was going on. he said "The end is near" I asked him if he was coming to earth and he said yes, then he left. My Mom was convinced enough and told me she didnt want me to play anymore. I ended up throwing the board in the garbage and have never played one again.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by The_Crimson_King]

[edit on 25-10-2007 by The_Crimson_King]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Crimson_King

Uh oh. You threw the board in the garbage? You are supposed to burn it, or cut it into 4 pieces and bury it. You are now cursed for life.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've tried my Ouija board umpteen times with no success. My board is made of granite with the letters carved into it & has a perfectly smooth glass top. Sometimes I notice that the pointer, how can I put it, the pointer seems to drag ever so slightly over some letters and the Y/N during the session ... it's noticeable but ever so slight ... you really need sensitive fingertips to notice ... but the pointer certainly doesn't go flying around the board.

It's been a bit of a disappointment. Maybe I'm not doing it right ?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Niall197, Are you trying to play it by yourself? Cause thats kinda hard.. Ive done it before and have had the same effect.. It barely moves.

Stockburn, Somebody told me not to burn it for the same reason

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've only played it once, with 4 other people, in a small apartment.

for the rest of the night when everyone was sleeping, I kept hearing doors open and close all night. They sounded very close by, but from where I was sleeping, the door further down the hall, and doesn't make the same sound when its opened and closed.
In the Exorcist movie, the little girl got a big surprise from her Ouija board.

Here's some interesting facts about Ouija:

- The Ouija Board ended up outselling the game of Monopoly in its first full year at Salem. Over two million copies of the Ouija Board were shipped.

- The layout of the OUIJA BOARD seems to vary from country to country. The original and best layout appears to be to place the yes at the top of the circle and the no at the bottom.

- The letters are placed in a circle starting with the letter A next to the word yes and continuing around until the final letter Z ends up on the other side of the word yes. The nine numbers from one to nine should be placed at the bottom next to the no.

- The Ouija Board usually requires a minimum of two people to operate it. It is very rare that one person has the power to operate the board.

- The two people should sit opposite each other and place the tip of only one finger on the glass. The fingertip should only gently touch the glass.

- Someone starts by asking a simple question, such as " is there a spirit present?". If there is no response the question should continued to be asked.

- The glass eventually moves and answers the question. The first time you use a OUIJA BOARD is quite startling.

- Sometimes someone will deliberately push the glass but this is easy to spot. The glass tends to move in jerks rather than free flowing.

- There are stories that Ouija Boards are dangerous to use. These stories are stupid and should be ignored.

- It is helpful to write down the questions you wish to ask before you start. It is also helpful to have a third person writing down the answers as you go for future reference.

- Once you become experienced at the Ouija Board you will find the pace of responses coming from the glass will increase. In fact sometimes the glass will speed across the table at such great speeds it is almost impossible to keep up.

- It should be noted that sometimes the communication will be in foreign languages or sometimes it is English backwards. My advise to most people is to make their own Ouija Board.

- This is simple to do and most effective. Just have a smooth table to work from and cut up small pieces of paper to write on. Any glass will do, though a wine glass is most effective.

- The responses you get from the Ouija Board will really depend on your attitude and commitment to the Ouija Board.

- The big question many people ask me about the Ouija Board is if they are truely makling contact with spirits and the answer is probably. It should be noted that when people are blindfolded, the Ouija board operators are unable to produce any sort of intelligible messages. Psychologists believe the motion of the planchette on the Ouija board is explained by the ideomotor effect.

www.paralumun.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It makes me LMAO when I hear people who think the Ouija Board is evil or it can curse people. What a joke.

I've used a Ouija Board SEVERAL times. And it works...to an extent. It's called the ideomotor effect.

Here:

en.wikipedia.org...

It does not have any supernatural powers. It does not call to people or spirits.

Penn&Teller did a great job debunking the myth of Ouija Boards on their show B.S. Season 1 episode 12. I'm trying to find a link to it now.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

i dont really believe this stuff, but i'm still really interested in it

to everyone---i'm doing an information speech on ouija boards, so thanks to everyone for the input!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yeah I was using it on my own. I know that's something you should never do. But most of my friends are a bit scared of the board ... my friend's Mother now actually refuses to come into my home because I've got the board. It's a beautiful thing too, takes pride of place on the coffee table. I wish I could meet someone with a similar interest who could show me how it works .

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Bigbert! I never tried playing blindfolded.. sounds interesting. Eather our unconsious mind is moving the board or the spirit that you are communicating with sees through your eyes.. who knows??

Check out the Spiritualists Explaination vs the Scientific explaination..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Crimson_King
Niall197, Are you trying to play it by yourself? Cause thats kinda hard.. Ive done it before and have had the same effect.. It barely moves.

Stockburn, Somebody told me not to burn it for the same reason

Hmmmm... I wonder why that is?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The funny thing about OUIJA boards is the reaction that it gets from people who aren't ordinarily otherwise convinced of the reality of demons and spooks and all that other stuff. People who laugh at accounts of ghosts and demonic possession, when offered a chance to do spirit board work, are like, "No, thanks! That stuff is too creepy!"

I will say that OUIJA boards are good for scaring away fundamental Christian types. They're usually very spooked by them, and you can use them in the same way you might use a crucifix to scare away a vampire.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Will the Ouija board get rid of Mormons?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Only if they love their "god" (laughs in a Demonic tone)

Seriously though; These things aren't dangerous unless you turn them into a weapon by calling up an evil spirit with one or something like that.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
Will the Ouija board get rid of Mormons?

I don't know of any studies that have been conducted on how well spirit boards work as Mormon repellants. In a way, the Mormon religion was founded on something kind of similar -- magic decoder rings and secret tablets, etc. -- so they might have an affinity for the boards and it might not work on them. Mormons are a stronger mutation of a regular fundamentalist Christian, and the only way I know of that people have been able to get rid of them is to smack them up and run them out of town. I think that's illegal in most states, now, however.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
When I was a kid, I was shown the board - we used it in groups and I used it by myself.

Two things:
-I was able to use it by myself - there was one in my 5th grade class that I used and we had a home-made one at home. I was not warned as a kid not to use it alone.

-When we were being told how to use it from a lady, she told us that we had to clear our mind...two or three other people were using it (I was not touching it) and I was thinking "blank, blank, blank,..." over and over in my head...next thing you know the board spelled out BLANK. The other people may have been thinking 'blank' in their head also but that was weird.

Whether they work off of the subconscious or actual outside phenomena, they are a bit cool and freaky at the same time. I don't deal with them anymore though.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
may i point out that is has been proven that when blind folded the answers dont make even words.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I tried it a few times.
First time nothing happened...wasnt doing it properly.
Second time...long story short...lights in room flickered... cat screeched-ran out of the room... the glass table where the board was- shattered.
Third time, just messed around, wasnt really serious, nothing happened.
In the months to come a lot of stuff started happening in my house, then stopped abruptly after I tossed out the board and did a few other things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join