It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining Masons of the Scottish Rite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well, I've been thinking about it and have been considering joining the Freemasons of the Scottish Rite. I've heard a lot about them from a Travel Master Mason of the society and it's appealing to me. We have a SR Freemason lodge near my town, and they’re pretty friendly. The Masons do a lot for the community, and I have not been shown any CONCLUSIVE proof that they do any "devil-worship"/"illuminati" ties. At least no proof other than ridiculous numbers and theories. Plus, the jewelry you get is pretty snazzy. Too bad I need to be at least 18 and be accepted by unanimous vote.

Anyone else been thinking of joining too?

[edit on 10/25/2007 by Epic Wolf]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Epic Wolf

One point you need to consider. Before joining the Scottish Rites you must first become a Master Mason.

I would recommend that you find a local Masonic lodge and explore becoming a mason first.

Good luck on your journey.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well im going to continue my work with the blue lodge for a bit longer before I move on to the rites or the shrine, but I am going to join more then likley the Scottish Rite.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My grandfather asked me to put his masonry apron on his body before he was burried. My aunt removed it, dirty prostitute. Nobody ever asked me to join the Shriners or anything. Who wants to be in a Baghdad styled group now anyway?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Whoa! The Shriners are much more then just a "Baghdad" group. Look into them, you will like what you find. About your Grandfather, I would haunt the person FOREVER if they removed my apron at my funeral, that is just plain disrespectful!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I agree that was completly uncalled for and inappropriate. A persons last wishes should always be honored if at all possible. Sorry to hear about that, and best wishes for your future in Masons, most likely you would never reach to the levels where you would become involved at the highest levels. Your Granpa would have prepared you and shared secrets if that were the case right? I know that they do alot of work in the community, and do help children , the blind and crippled. Once in you wont be able to share the secrets of your lodge, too bad .

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Nobody ever asked me to join the Shriners or anything. Who wants to be in a Baghdad styled group now anyway?

And no one will ever ask you. We are not supposed to solicit membership. You have to ask a member to join.

One of the best decisions I ever made!

Regards

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Joining the Scottish Rite is certainly something I have thought about a lot being a Master Mason now. The nearsest one to me is a good thirty miles away, which is not too far I suppose. My problem is that I'd rather read 5 hours than go to a meeting of some sort for 1 hour.

top topics

join