It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did US really disembark on moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yesterday I watched DVD in which newsreel said some pictures are showed some inconsistency that made people suspect this peoject strongly.

For example, a shadow by US flag is totaly opposite with that direction of flag, and there is no wind could make flag outspread but the flag did.

So, could you show me some photos of something that US astronaut took from moon? or showing some genuine photo of that flag with original source link/book?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by emile

I'm so glad you asked !

this is "big muley", an 11.7 kg moon rock brought back by apollo 11 (I think)

here's a neat animation showing 2 pics of an astronaut (armstrong I think) moving, but the flag does not. The appearance of the flag waving is due to the rod that goes along the top of the flrag, so it could be photographed.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Don't be fooled by Syrinx's signature...I'm a ardent 9/11 official story opponent and yet I think the evidence is overwhelming the American moon landings were genuine.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
For example, a shadow by US flag is totaly opposite with that direction of flag, and there is no wind could make flag outspread but the flag did.

This has been talked about thousands of times. They had wire rods threaded thru the flag so it would stand out like that instead of just resting against the pole.

Not sure, but there has to be some sites out there that have some good photos of this.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Armstrongs shadow is goin one direction, but flag has no shadow (or opposite direction) and capsule yet a slight different direction.......Only source of light is the sun yeah?...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Steff

I'm sorry, but from the photo it's quite obvious that NA's shadow and that of the capsule are BOTH pointed in the SAME direction.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by Steff

I'm sorry, but from the photo it's quite obvious that NA's shadow and that of the capsule are BOTH pointed in the SAME direction.

To me it looks a few degrees of? What about the flag?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Steff

That is a very good observation. There definitely should be a shadow of the flag which isn't there. This looks to be a faked picture which doesn't neccasarily mean the whole thing was faked. Maybe they went there and couldn't prevent pictures from showing what they want to hide, so they faked them using a desert background, and someone forgot to shadow the flag.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here's a site that de-bunks all of the claims of the Moon-Hoaxers, using science, reasoning, and factual evidence:
www.badastronomy.com...

Here is a website that answers the shadow question:
www.apollo-hoax.me.uk...

Aside from the perspective issue brought up in the link above, shadows cast on a completely flat surface will all run the same direction, but once you start including little dips and mounds in the surface, the shadows will look like they are going in slightly different, non-parallel directions.

...and as for the lack of a shadow for the flag: I think it is there, only obscured by the astronaut or the "rolling" lunar surface (you can tell it is not complete flat -- even between the astronaut and the flag.) The sun is shining on the flag at an oblique angle. You can tell this because of the size shadow being cast by the flag ripple on the flag itself. This means that the flag shadow on the lunar surface will be pretty small. As I said, it may be behind the astronaut, or it may even be that dark spot directly behind the astronaout's legs. The flagpole shadow will be to thin to be seen in this photo.

And the fact that the ripples in the flag are casting shadows on the flag itself in the correct direction makes it obvious that the exact same light source (the sun) is lighting up the flag, the Lunar module, the astronaut, and the lunar surface.

[edit on 10/26/2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

join