It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GWB and the first plane impact.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Im sure we all remember George Bush claiming that he saw the first plane impact the towers.

Source
And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, "There's one terrible pilot." And I said, "It must have been a horrible accident."

Some have said, he could have mistaken the first with the second. But as he said himself,"There's one terrible pilot," I think this pretty much rules out it being the second impact. Simply because in all video of the second impact the damage from the first can be seen.

We also remember hearing about the 5 dancing israelis who were alleged to be mossad agents. These guys were filming the action as it happened.

Is it possible that this is the footage GWB saw?

CT

[edit on 24/10/2007 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Possible...but i believe GWB isnt the sharpest tool in the shed and prolly just slipped up...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Oh he slipped up alright. One terrible lying president. Idiot 43rd degree.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentBob86

That's George alright, he just keeps slippin', slippin', slippin', . . . into the future. He sure couldna' been in on it. Naw. Not George. That'd almost be like sayin' his grandfather Prescott helped the Nazis during WW2.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

If 9/11 was an inside job, I've got to say, I find it very hard indeed to believe that George Bush Jnr knew much about it. He may have been told that something was going to happen, he might even have known about an external threat (making him LIHOP 'insider'), but I can't believe he was either a co-architect or MIHOP 'insider'.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by coughymachine

So when he said "Our enemies spend a lot of time thinking about how to harm America and so do we.", you think he was probably referring to his staff and advisors. Maybe. I just don't think he's an innocent.

He's the commander in chief of the US armed forces. He's the president. He's the mouthpiece. He's driving the getaway car, as far as lame excuses go. He's a perp.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

He's the commander in chief of the US armed forces. He's the president. He's the mouthpiece. He's driving the getaway car, as far as lame excuses go. He's a perp.

He's also profoundly stupid.

You might be right, but he was 'in the know' at best, in my view, and certainly not one of the architects.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You wanna know what I think? He was aware of the first crash but didn't see it on TV.
1) it wasn't aired at that time
2) I doubt he had a secret system with cameras on the WTC waiting for impact to be verified.
I think he just took his awareness, translated it to TV, for the two 'town hall meetings' in 2002 where he said this (CA and FL). Possibly a small political decision to sound more 'American.' Everyone saw 9/11 on the teevee! Also possibly to give us some irrelevant 'seam' to stumble over.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Caustic Logic

Do you have transcripts to the town hall meetings where he said that?

I always took that statement as,'' I saw an airplane had hit the tower''.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is the same guy who said Iraq had WMDs, then said they didn't.He's the same guy who accused Saddam of funding or helping Al CIAda, then said Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.Bush is an incompetent maroon and I believe he had knowledge of the pending attacks but he's too ill equipped to have participated.
Cheney, Rummy and Rice have all lied as well.Don't these people realize we have devices that can record sound and moving pictures?
Why they aren't in jail is beyond me.
All of them are making Americans chase their tales.Round and round, one lie after the other.Pretty soon people forget what was going on in the first place.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
He repeated that "slip up" in at least one other situation.

He had foreknowledge on it all.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boone 870
reply to post by Caustic Logic

Do you have transcripts to the town hall meetings where he said that?

I always took that statement as,'' I saw an airplane had hit the tower''.

I had wondered that too, and it's not entirely clear hat he MEANT, but grammatically he says he saw the impact happen.

On at least two occasions, Bush implied that he first heard of the crash from a TV left on in the hallway he was wandering before entering Miss Daniels’ room. (Is it considered good manners in Florida to leave the TV blaring when the President comes to visit?) This was right around 9:00, as he entered the classroom and a couple of minutes before the second plane hit.

Orlando Florida Dec 4 2001:

“Well, Jordan, you're not going to believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I was in Florida. And my chief of staff, Andy Card -- actually I was in a classroom, talking about a reading program… that works! And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, "There's one terrible pilot." And I said, "It must have been a horrible accident. But I was whisked off there -- I didn't have much time to think about it."

“President Meets with Displaced Workers in Town Hall Meeting” Orlando, FL. White House Press Release. December 4, 2001. Accessed January 26, 2005 at: White House

Perhaps he meant to say he saw “the first plane had hit the tower,” and he was watching the smoking aftermath, which we all saw. But he repeated and clarified the story on January 5th in Ontario California:

"Anyway, I was sitting there, and my Chief of Staff -- well, first of all, when we walked into the classroom, I had seen this plane fly into the first building. There was a TV set on. And you know, I thought it was pilot error and I was amazed that anybody could make such a terrible mistake. And something was wrong with the plane, or -- anyway, I'm sitting there, listening to the briefing, and Andy Card came and said, "America is under attack."

“President Holds Town Hall Forum on Economy in California.” Ontario, Calif.. White House Press Release. January 5, 2002. Accessed January 26, 2005 at: White House

Note the similar construction of each, complete wth the backtrack to mention the TV viewing before proceding.

Add'l thoughts by me:

These incongruous stories are certainly a curious window onto the President’s psychology. Everyone remembers where they were on 9-11, so why are his memories so strange and so obviously untrue?
[...]
"But I was whisked off there -- I didn't have much time to think about it." How much thinking time did he need? The math was simple. No matter how Bush heard of the crash, his response in each case was consistent - it was an accident. In a period of heightened terrorism alert, with mentions of possible hijackings in previous weeks, and just hours after a possible assassination attempt, Bush claims he believed that a plane being flown full speed into the World Trade Center – and if he was seeing it, he’d know it was an airliner - was an accident.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Undoubtedly one of the real reasons that the president went on that wild goose chase in Air Force One, when he left Florida, is that the important figures in the administration did not want him to get underfoot in Washington during the early critical hours of the 911 events.

Another point, they didn't want the people and press who might still think that he is the most important and responsible person in the Bush administration to get underfoot. All kinds of scenarios could have developed if Bush had been in Washington.

If you want to know how close to the edge of incompetence Bush is (but from the wrong end of the scale) just listen to this amusing and very underrated interview

video.google.ca...

in which he can hardly command the respect of a nitwit. Talk about a battle of the "titans"! :

[edit on 26-10-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I am not a supported of Bush, but I thought he did well there, better than all the other interviews I've seen where he doesn't have an answer to anything

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
After reading this thread I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a transcript of the slip ups and pieced them together.
Between Bush's "saw the first plane" and Rumsfeld's "missile comment, i wonder what else is out there.
I've previously mentioned the slight of hand from Bush and Cheney with regards to WMDs as well but those were not slip ups, they were outright denials.
Watching Bush make a fool of himself always amuses me but it's tempered by the loss of life.
He's a bad dog and should be treated as such.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here's some more for the collection.

BEN-VENISTE: Isn't it a fact, Dr. Rice, that the August 6 PDB warned against possible attacks in this country? And I ask you whether you recall the title of that PDB?

RICE: I believe the title was, "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States."

Now, the...

BEN-VENISTE: Thank you.

RICE: No, Mr. Ben-Veniste...

BEN-VENISTE: I will get into the...

RICE: I would like to finish my point here.

BEN-VENISTE: I didn't know there was a point.

RICE: Given that -- you asked me whether or not it warned of attacks.

BEN-VENISTE: I asked you what the title was.

RICE: You said, did it not warn of attacks. It did not warn of attacks inside the United States. It was historical information based on old reporting. There was no new threat information. And it did not, in fact, warn of any coming attacks inside the United States.

www.cnn.com...

Bolded by me. What was the title of that memo again Ms. Rice? "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States". Your own words. But, how many sentences later, you say "It did not warn of attacks inside the United States". 5 sentences later to be exact. Do they think we are stupid?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Do they think we are stupid?

Simple answer. YES. The US government treats its own people with such contempt, Im very suprised that there has yet to be a coup attempt. Although the likelyhood of success is extremely low, it could be whats needed to get the lower and middle classes to stand up to whats really going on before them.

The way I see it, those lower classes are too busy trying to grind out a living and feed their family to be concerned with whats going on the real world. But once that awareness takes hold, there will be hell to pay.

CT

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Do they think we are stupid?

Ever heard of Leo Strauss?

Not only do these people think we're stupid, they think they have an obligation to confound us with 'noble lies'. Here's an extract from something I wrote a while back.

Strauss agreed with the ancient philosophers that the foolish and vulgar masses had no natural right to liberty; that they should be subordinated by an intellectual elite. He further argued that the elite could not rule directly because the masses would distrust them. Instead, they should command the ear of those in power.

As Shadia B Drury explains in her paper, Saving America, Leo Strauss and the neoconservatives:

…Strauss referred to the right of the superior to rule as “the tyrannical teaching” of the ancients which must be kept secret. But what is the reason for secrecy? Strauss tells us that the tyrannical teaching must be kept secret for two reasons - to spare the people’s feelings and to protect the elite from possible reprisals. After all, the people are not likely to be favourably disposed to the fact that they are intended for subordination.

Thus the intellectuals were required to manufacture ‘noble lies’ as a ‘necessary pabulum to placate the people and make them comply with the[ir] will.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by coughymachine

Very interesting. I'm sure they have to respect out intelligence to some extent, since it is there and real. But they probably think of it more like how ranchers think of cattle feed - they have only a bare and calculabe minimum to maintain. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. Essentially, yes, they presume we're stupid and/or the patches on IQ remaining are powerless to follow up. This can lead to crippling cognitive dissonnance, the 'sympathy without action' that Thoreau called the 'ruin of the soul.'

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Of all the conspiracy claims this is one of the weakest. Probably only stronger than the claim of hijackers still being alive which is based on an out of date news article which was corrected.

George simply meant that he saw on TV that a plane had hit the WTC. He did not mean that he literally saw the actual plane hit the building. But since he was looking at a TV and not listening to a radio, he used the term "saw". This is very common speech, especially for those from the south.

Example. If you got a raise at work, I might say "Hey, I saw you got a raise today". That doesn't mean I literally saw you getting the raise, it's simply a figure of speech. Bush is constantly using southern speech methods and slang, yet when it provides convenient to convince ourselves of a conspiracy then suddenly we conveniently overlook his use of slang. And it wasn't a slip up because he said it twice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join