It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie houses' latest adult attraction: No kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

A growing number of movie theaters, trying to woo more adults, are banning youngsters who aren't with their parents or excluding them from late-night showings.

Source | USAToday

Well I'm all for it!

Finally, we adults can attend a movie without the annoyance factor of misbehaving spoiled brats.

Now, if we can get the "adults" to check their cel phones and boorish behavior as well, going to the movies could once again be an enjoyable experience.

Anyone agree/disagree?

[edit on 24-10-2007 by goosdawg]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Before I begin with this small rant, I'll confirm now that I am in my mid twenties.

Moving on...

I am so sick and tired of having teenagers, youth, adolescents, etc., being labeled as so problematic, and banned from public places without mommy or daddy's supervision. We were all kids once, and we all misbehaved. There is no need to deny it.

Do annoying kids frustrate me in the theatre? Yes. Do loud, obnoxious teenagers frustrate me when I'm at the mall? Yes. But they do not annoy me half as much as parents that like to manhandle their children, in front of everyone.

For every rude adolescent I come across, I see a mother or a father berating their child. I would take loud kids over parents berating children any day.

While security guards are busy telling kids to be polite, they are overlooking the manner in which the children with their parents are being treated.

Now every parent does not behave like this, but neither does every adolescent.

I'm sitting on a board that is convening for the first time in a few weeks, and our agenda is what we can do for youth in our community. My first agenda is to have this issue addressed, where we can have youth providing services at shopping malls. So for once, they can be seen in a positive light. We always notice the one bad apple, but overlook the other ten that are well behaved.

I stand against adolescents being stereotyped like this.

new topics

join