It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obscure Comet Brightens Suddenly

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well I can't believe it. The sky cleared up and it looks beautiful. I can still make out the comet naked eye, but it is much larger and dimmer than before. I am taking images right now with my telescope so I will post one when it's done. I think I am going to try a long exposure, but I don't think it will be that great.

reply to post by Malichai

That's good to know that you saw it coming, but can you tell us something useful, like give us the lottery numbers for tomorrow?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

It is interesting, to say the least. But you know this crowd here, since you've been here over 18 months now, and have enough points to show good activity. Someone will mention the vague nature of this, meaning not specific enough, and then mention Nostradamus.

I do hope you have a thick pelt to go with the nice avatar.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Actually this started before my thread on the Coloring book.

I saw a copy of it when I was a child.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In my Kingmaker thread I predicted its eruption, but you need to read backwards to understand. Look at the very first pictures.

It is a very long story and you might want to start at the end of this thread to get to the beginning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I like to learn things, and I will certainly look into this. But we can't get off on a tangent and derail this thread. We'll have to save this for another time and place, I afraid, and think more about the comet.

And it's spectacular appearance at this time, with all of it's changes, could be taken to mean something.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well this was my second attempt. I had to go to 60 second exposure to bring it out better and this is done with my 80mm Nighthawk refractor using little processing.

Compare this size to the first time I used the Nighthawk 10 days ago in this post.

The clouds rolled back in so this is the best I can do tonight. Till next time.

[edit on 11/10/2007 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I saw this tonight, and if I did. If it's what I saw I say it is getting closer.

Does anyone really know for sure without a doubt which way this is really going? Is it past us or coming at us? I just don't understand how it can be getting bigger and brighter if it's not coming at us.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
I'm pretty sure I saw this tonight, and if I did. If it's what I saw I say it is getting closer.

Does anyone really know for sure without a doubt which way this is really going? Is it past us or coming at us? I just don't understand how it can be getting bigger and brighter if it's not coming at us.

Well, the official explanation is that its coma is growing because gas is leaking out and so on, but I think they are making that explanation up to try and explain. They dont know really.

The object is now larger than the sun. According to NASA, its currently moving away from us in its 7 year long orbit around the sun. But we all know NASA cant be trusted with their airbrushed pictures and phony explanations. They arent even providing pictures of this comet.

Earlier in this thread (or if it was the other one) I wanted to know if there was a way for amateur astronomers to calculate its orbit, to verify for themselfs where this thing is heading. But it seems its not possible?

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I agree we need someone other than Nasa to tell us information on this. For now my own eyes is telling me that it is coming right at us. The reason I am saying this is because it is bigger and brighter than I have ever seen so far.

OH my Gosh, it's daylight here now. Guess what I still see it. Thats right. Thats how big, and bright and possibly close it is. I can still see it.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Shar]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Where in the sky are you seeing this? The comet is not very remarkable without at least a medium power telescope.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

You should check into the Sumerian history.

Is it really a coincidence that this thing is much larger than a usual comet and its current location is said to be between mars and jupiter, just like the Sumerians said about the 10:th planet that was about to come around at exactly this time in history?

The Sumerians described our complete solar system 6000 years ago and was correct about it.

Also another interesting thing. If you go to AstroArts and type in "17P/Holmes" and then hit the 'Show Orbit' button, you get a orbit that looks VERY similar to what the Sumerians said Planet X would have (even though the comet is still going AWAY from the earth at this time according to that data). The NASA orbit simulator shows the orbit to be almost circular instead.

Personally I trust the Sumerians more than NASA, but Im not saying we can be certain that Comet Holmes is Planet X. Im just saying that if its not, its very likely that we will see a Planet X soon, since they were right about everything else.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Thanks, for the video's.

Ok so say there is a planet x does this mean anything exactly?

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Shar]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Just up. and don't laugh at that. I just look up and see things. Whatever, I saw I saw with my own eyes, no telescope. My whole family saw it. It was very bright all night long and I also saw it different location when the morning came, I saw this until the clouds came in and hid it.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Well no offense, but since you're asserting that it's "coming towards us" it seems like you could take a few moments to find out if you're even looking in the right direction. It sounds very much like you're looking at Venus.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Hey, well I don't know. I just know it was very big and bright. Also, when I looked straight ahead from where I was standing I saw what I thought was venus. It too showed off but not like this. Whatever, it was, was the brightest thing ever.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Thanks, for the video's.

Ok so say there is a planet x does this mean anything exactly?

I dont know... trying to find out.

Here is another article which I found interesting, specially the part about Planet X probably orbiting in the other direction compared to the other planets in our solar system. If true, and if Holmes is Planet X, it would indeed be approaching us now.

The Sumarians believed the Annunaki alien race created us using genetic engineering: Sumarian Origins of Humans part 1. Its a fascinating watch if you have a open/curious mind of where we came from.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Also another interesting thing. If you go to AstroArts and type in "17P/Holmes" and then hit the 'Show Orbit' button, you get a orbit that looks VERY similar to what the Sumerians said Planet X would have (even though the comet is still going AWAY from the earth at this time according to that data). The NASA orbit simulator shows the orbit to be almost circular instead.

Sorry Copernicus, but that is a bug in the program. We figured it out in this thread 1999 Total Destuction Of Earth (almost) and I showed how you can type in any name and get the same orbit in this post. You have to press "search" or press the enter key before pressing "show orbit" and if you do it correctly, you will see the orbit for Comet 17P/Holmes matches the one from the NASA JPL simulator.

Originally posted by Copernicus
Personally I trust the Sumerians more than NASA, but Im not saying we can be certain that Comet Holmes is Planet X. Im just saying that if its not, its very likely that we will see a Planet X soon, since they were right about everything else.

What you are putting your trust in is the interpretations of the Sumerian tablet by Zecharia Sitchin which is interesting, but I don't see how he can say things like in your video where he shows this picture of the Sumerian tablet...

and say "The planets are in their correct order and their correct sizes". When in reality they are more like this...

Sun comparison

planet comparison

and the orbits are like this...

planet orbits

How can you tell what orbit or what order the planets are in from that Sumerian tablet? I ask this with all due respect Copernicus, from your other posts you are obviously very intelligent. I just think in this case you are putting your trust in the wrong area.

Regards.

[edit on 11/14/2007 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I ask this with all due respect Copernicus, from your other posts you are obviously very intelligent. I just think in this case you are putting your trust in the wrong area.

Sure, its possible. I just have a curious mind, so by all means, take everything I write with a pinch of salt. Im just trying to find out what is really going on. I could very well be wrong.

Thanks for the links, Ill check them out!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

That Sumerian video was interesting indeed. Did anyone hear the man in the NPC video asking a question about that?

/still looking for the whole PC somewhere.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheExaminer

Yes, it was interesting. But so is John Lear, a person I like, but don't often believe. Everything has to have a fairly solid base, or it's just speculation. And I like speculation, I just like it better when it's admitted as such.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by TheExaminer

Yes, it was interesting. But so is John Lear, a person I like, but don't often believe. Everything has to have a fairly solid base, or it's just speculation. And I like speculation, I just like it better when it's admitted as such.

Well, of course I was speculating. But I think the Sumerian knowledge of the solar system was very impressive. The size of the planets was not accurate on that stone since jupiter would have been so big that the other planets would have been invisible I think. If I wanted to show the solar system carved into a stone, I would have done it the way they did. And there is a chance that more detailed stones simply got lost in history.

The Sumerians were also able to measure the distance between stars very precisely. But how is it possible that earthbound, primitive, pretechnological people were able to do this? And even more mysteriously, why? Such star maps would be neccessary for space travellers, but not for the ancient primitive Sumerians. Given the extraordinary accuracy of Sumerian astronomical calculations, perhaps it is prudent to have another look at those areas where their information differs from ours. The Sumerians assign 12 "celestial bodies" to the solar system, the sun, the moon and 10 planets. Today we recognize 11 of these, but it was not always the case. Until the late 18th century Western astronomers only knew of the existence of 6 planets - Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Uranus was discovered in 1781, Neptune in 1846, and Pluto in 1930. In this light, is it possible that the Sumerians 12th celestial body is yet to be discovered, a planet that the Sumerins called Nibiru?

Source

They knew things that would have been impossible to know for a ordinary tribe thousands of years ago. There is really no way around that. Whatever the cause (earlier civilizations surviving some global disaster, them being put there by aliens or whatever), they knew.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join