It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obscure Comet Brightens Suddenly

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Almost looks like one of those mothershipthings from the NASA tether video trailing Holmes in the second clip. Not that those actually exist, just a similar appearance . .

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Despite those ideas that make us want to wet ourselves, and might I say what an attractive image that is, the fact remains that according to this video, there is more to Holmes than meets the eye. Now as it stands, unable to either duplicate the video or study the raw data, we are left in somewhat of a quandary.

If there is a component to this comet that we have failed to notice heretofore, then it behooves us to take a second and third gander while we have it this close. However, nothing that I can see in the video, provided it is not some anomaly of the picture capture process itself, suggests this is anything other than some natural state of the "explosion" sequence.

I, for one, would like to have some idea of what this is.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Oh, I agree. Given the constraints of time and orbital mechanics, it won't happen this time round, but don't forget this is a short-period comet; we'll have another chance to study it in seven years, and another seven years after that, and another...

Always assuming it comes back, of course...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Just thought I would add a link to an update that member C.H.U.D. has posted on the possible explanation for the outburst of Comet Holmes one year ago.

Comet Holmes mystery solved by Spitzer

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
comet holmes is an amazing topic..

as for reason why comet holmes reacted the way it did,,
at the time of the flaring there was a close allingment between holmes, mercury, venus and mars. earth was close in this allignment but a little off to one side.. but we sure felt the effects of it.. there was some very out of season weather..

i'm not putting myself up as an expert but the electric universe might explain some of this mystery..

peace

daz__

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join