It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you love about Republicans/Democrats/Libertarians/etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Being inspired by the what do you love about America thread, I figured I'd try this one out. What do you love/like about the different parties and their policies out there. Let's not revert to bashing, even in a back handed way. Simply state the policies you like, not the ones you hate

I'll start:

I like the republican policies of lowering taxes, and trying to create a smaller govenment (although they aren't really doing that too well these days...but it's the ideal)

I also like their love of small businesses, trying to keep them from being taxed as much as possible.

I like democratic policies, as well. I like many of their social reforms, and their quest for better education.

Libertarians? I LOVE their ideas for drug laws!

Now it's your turn!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I agree with you on all the the republican ideals. Lowering taxes, downsizing government, and helping out small businesses. I like their take on diversity and culture, a few social reforms, balancing the budget, and occasionally their spending policies. The liberatarians...well, I can't say much for them.(not a big fan of legalized pot, but that's just me)

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's not a Republican party platform. I am a small business owner since 1993.......all local ( state/county ) and federal that have aided WMOB (women and minority owned bussiness ) & smal businesses have been championed by the Dems.
Balanced budgets? Dem again.
Lower taxes? Under $150K = Dem; Above & Corp. = Republican

Libs? Decriminalization is a good thing.

Don't vote party....it'a a fools choice. Research & vote the person.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Best advice you could give to a voter.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by Bout Time

Best advice you could give to a voter.

Too bad that people rarely think that way.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I love the libertarians because they bring togather the best parts of the other two parties without (to me) the bad parts.

Someone mentioned lowering taxes we want to do away with most of them.

new topics

top topics

join