It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is being green political or religion..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
www.dayspringgatherings.org...

Is anyone on here a member of this forum? it appears to myself that going "green" is turning from a political idea to a science/ religion!? I am aware that some eco groups are officially regarded as eco terrorists.. which draws the question? does it qualify as a religion as standard terrorists draw from their own religion. are there" right wings" and" left wings" in this political ideal or do they magically get along?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTMASTER
Is anyone on here a member of this forum? it appears to myself that going "green" is turning from a political idea to a science/ religion!?

I suppose it's taking on some aspects of a religion, since the scientific data is so controversial. Without clear data, people tend to just choose sides, rather than sit back, and when you make choices and do things when there's no reason for it, that's pretty much a religion.

There are also aspects of animism, Earth worship, in a lot of green intentions. You often hear them talk about "respecting Mother Earth," and stuff like that, which is religious if you believe that the planet is just another hunk of rock floating in space that just happens to be relatively nice to live on at the moment. It wasn't always, and it might not be again, depending on a lot of factors over which we have zero control.

But religion and politics have always been in the same bed. It's not surprising that this ecology religion is highly political. When a lot of people think the same way, they generally start to think they know what's best, and they like to try and force other people to do what they want. "For their own good."

new topics

join