It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is a member here allowed to knowingly lie when there have been plenty of complaints?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I can't speak for the other staff but I send/receive over 200 u2u/WEEK. I recently had to up my u2u's to 350 just so that I won't run out. That doesn't include monitoring the board, dozens of complaints(some pointless, just bickering) and other behind the scenes stuff the staff does that keep ATS running as it does.

Does that excuse not responding to someone's complaint? Not really, it's just an explanation. I know what's coming next, "Well, hire more staff." I've heard that more than once but it isn't as simple as that. Also remember that we have lives and families, RL jobs, bills to pay, cars to fix, etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
A thinking person might also understand that the owners and mods do have a life other than ATS.

First, you insinuate that I'm not a thinking person.

Respectfully,
Marilyn

Then say respectfully?

The two do NOT go hand in hand.

I am aware that the mods have a life and many suggestions. Maybe you should get a life too?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks Intrepid. As I've always said, it must be hell being a mod and you couldn't pay me to do it. But, I have only complained I think about 3 times here (including this one). The two other times were delt with in a very timely fashion (within 10 minutes to be precise). That is why I thought I was being ignored.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
All of my history books are lies so I suppose we just have to wait for the truth before we can call sombody a liar.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Griff,

I really don't think you should worry about that guy. He's shown his utter lack of understanding and research into the situation.

I don't know if his real name is Larry, Moe or Curly - but I know the name of the group he's with.

[edit on 10-24-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The "problem" if you will, is that the boundaries of reality are gradually dissolving and it is no longer certain what is true and not true. There are still some hardcore-fact-sticker-tos here who hold on to the paradigm that there is such a thing as "absolute fact"...but is there? Im afraid that the story most often repeated and believed by most (majority-consensus) is what creates "facts".

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
P.S. Griff, I find the thread CaptainObvious has up with Mackey acting as some self-appointed mouthpiece for the NIST's defense team to be much more concerning and problematic for the board's discussions than I do seanm's posts.

In fact, I have a huge personal problem with Mackey being allowed to blather his nonsensical and yet ironically condescending diatribes without having to be here. I do not believe the precedent being set on that thread will be good for the board in the long run.

[edit on 10-24-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think a big part of it is that the Three Amigos are, rightly or wrongly, afraid of "chilling effects". The fear is, I think, that if someone is thrown off the board for posting inaccurate information, regardless of whether that poster deserved it or not, people will start being afraid to come forward with stuff, fearing that they are risking expulsion when they do.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
P.S. Griff, I find the thread CaptainObvious has up with Mackey acting as some self-appointed mouthpiece for the NIST's defense team to be much more concerning and problematic for the board's discussions than I do seanm's posts.

In fact, I have a huge personal problem with Mackey being allowed to blather his nonsensical and yet ironically condescending diatribes without having to be here. I do not believe the precedent being set on that thread will be good for the board in the long run.

I understand your concerns. I didn't think of it that way.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Another good point. Sorry for the one liner but that's all I could say.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just my point of view,
I no longer bother asking a question about threads moved etc because it seems I'm always wrong, and I've received a couple of replies which were rather curt. I understand that mods are busy, but there are polite ways to answer valid questions, rather than curtness which may discourage people from asking.
I've never had a mod change their mind is why I say it seems I'm always wrong .

On the flip side I've had replies from mods as a courtesy when I've had to use the complaint feature, regarding abuse, bad language etc and this was very much appreciated - the mod in question even said that I may not see action but this did not mean it wasn't being taken seriously.

Some ups, some downs, but overall the modding is excellent and appreciated.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't let it get to you griff, you've proven yourself on this board, as far as I'm concerned, many times over, and the member in question has also proven some things about themselves as well.
We all knew the Debunkers were going to arrive in droves when the truth started comming about 9-11, and we knew some of them were going to blow smoke. But the nice thing about smoke, after a while it blows away because there's nothing solid within it.
If they get on your nerves too bad, send them here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Seriously though...

...a "no censorship policy" means that there will also be a lot of disinformation and lies. Cant be helped, except by guys like you who point it out again and again.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Techno Viking sees deep irony in this. You can't tell me that no one of you have made little lies or exagerates to make your points in your chats. Cmon, its part of the whole online life to do this.

If you look for honesty and accuracy all the time, lots of you will have little to say.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Techno Viking

As far as I am aware, I have NEVER lied on here to prove my point. I am man enough to know when I am wrong and will admit it freely. As I have done on occasion when proven wrong. There is a huge difference in my book.

I would not be allowed to say the same things as the poster I am talking about has done. Not without a mod to remind me that what I am posting is my opinion and I can not present it as fact.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

IMHO, it's much more preferable to have too little or no censorship than it is to have too much. Furthermore, it's difficult to tell where to draw the line on how much is too much.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Griff, with all do respect, I think you're wasting your time by implying that the mods protect certain posters. I've previously posted, U2U'd, etc. where I explicitly and/or implicitly stated (even to the mods' faces) that the mods were not consistent in who got punished and how. Got me absolutely nowhere, I think the best thing to do is to publicly expose the problem posters and let their reputation take a hit. It is too unrealistic to expect administrative action from the mods to correct any perceived inequalities in rule enforcement.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'm not asking for censorship at all. All I'm asking is a mod or someone with more authority than me (because the poster will not listen to me) to remind the poster of the terms and conditions and state their opinion as opinion and not fact. That's all. Why is that so hard?

edit: The last question wasn't directed at you uberarcanist.

[edit on 10/24/2007 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Don't think for a minute that I don't sympathize with you. I just have become realistic, acceptant and perhaps even a bit complacent about the status quo here on ATS. I tried to initiate change and ran into a brick wall of administrative opposition. Maybe I have given up too quickly but I do not know what else to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You're probably right. When I complain, I kinda feel like the tatletale that went running to mommy.

But, to hear the same lies over and over again gets frustrating. If that were Killtown, you know he would have been accosted from the get go. All I'm saying.

Edit: In my opinion, I have encountered at least one mod in here who can't wait for us "truthers" to do something wrong and the ban hammer comes down. I'm not naming names yet.

[edit on 10/24/2007 by Griff]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join