It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is a member here allowed to knowingly lie when there have been plenty of complaints?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It may be a choice, but it may also be a choice that I HAD to make.

Which is what I said in my post - cherry picking the juicy bits and trying to turn them eh?

Maybe the next round might be good if I get through and we get drawn.

I can play dirty too

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Alright. Lets hope that after you loose the debate you wont be suspecting biased mods behind it

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Alright. Lets hope that after you loose the debate you wont be suspecting biased mods behind it

Whoa, whoa, who said anything about biased mods. It's all about who pays me more.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by forestlady

Insulted you?!
WHERE did I insult you?!

Springer...

"I think maybe your complaint is that you don't like the way we do it or feel your issues deserve more attention and personal response than other member's issues?"

That is belittling and insulting. Can you please explain why I received no response from Johnny Anonymous? It's been almost 2 weeks.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Jeez, you must need a lot of monopoly money, sorry I mean canadian dollars to make it worthwhile

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

suspecting?
biased?
now just where did I say that?

if we get drawn it's no holds barred, fight in the gutter, eye gouging, nut biting stuff.

Sometimes it's good to fight dirty - all within the T&C of course

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
At the risk of being insulting:

Originally posted by forestlady

Originally posted by Springer

Insulted you?!
WHERE did I insult you?!

Springer...

"I think maybe your complaint is that you don't like the way we do it or feel your issues deserve more attention and personal response than other member's issues?"

How is that insulting?

That is belittling and insulting. Can you please explain why I received no response from Johnny Anonymous? It's been almost 2 weeks.

Do you think you might have made Springer's point here?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Seems more like he hit the nail on the head in regards to how YOU have behaved in this thread. It seems that 2 out of the three owners of the board have gone out of their way to answer your questions. In fact they went so far as to even show you the thread in question in one case.

Also the complaints you listed seem to have been dealt with when they were filed.

I beginning to wonder if the issue here is really you and your need to be catered too. I for one would much rather get back to the real issues than listen to your broken record. Funny you do not seem to acknowledge or care that all the issues you have raised have been or were addressed. But keep bringing up the same old tired Strawman ala the Wizard of Oz. Now what was he looking for again?

Just my 2 cents worth

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Not only did you receive responses to earlier complaints, you also received responses to current complaints. Its evident for all to see at this thread. They may not have been the responses you liked but you did achieve admissions to them being overloaded with work.

Nevertheless you keep grinding at it with the same complaints.

I would be much more interested if you can really bring Jacques Vallee in.

XL5

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Forestlady and to all others that feel ignored, I have found that it may be because you don't have a very colourful, personal, funny, spooky and somehow memorable avatar. Its either that or you didn't get them angry enough or evoke some other emotion enough. Seems like too many times, only angry members reply (paragraph reply or more) or they just agree with no real reply. Sure, sometimes asking a question that the other member loves to reply to gets answered.

In big threads, watch the replys members with no avatar get compaired to ones with an avatar or something that evokes some hatefull emotion.

But back on topic, Skyfloating, its not that members here want to get rid of posts/members who they don't agree with, they want a balanced debate free of opinion and repetition of the same opinion over and over again. Opinion Vs. fact, its no contest, fact wins over opinion/belief. If Bush had said its his opinion that Iraq had WMD and nothing else, would we have supported the war because they MAY have had WMD?

Sure, people can have opinions here, but when they claim thier opinion is fact by using it to win a debate where there is scientific fact involed, thats wrong. Members who use the "opinion/belief" clause to get out from having to use facts/thruth, get the factfull members mad. If they AGREED with your opinions/beliefs, they would have to throw away facts and take up beliefs (your opinions/beliefs). We would rather be PROVEN WRONG and not swayed/converted.

I don't think the govt. planted bombs in any of the WTC buildings but the govt let it happen and may have facilitated it.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
sign language is awesome.

here is the sign for October 25th 2007

edit:

ps: plz stop teh lyings yuh

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Lysergic]

hamburgers:none

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Are you on lysergic diethylamide 25 again Lysergic? Just curious because that post makes no sense.

Edit: No offense meant of course.

[edit on 10/25/2007 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
with my work as senior moderator for Australias largest RC forum i have to say in defence of the ATS mods:

I am not just a moderator! I am a human being! I...am...a man!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm sure that people in these virtual environments try their very best to please everyone, but sometimes that just isn't possible. There is no way to predict how someone will react to a given situation.

Give people a break - they are doing their best to provide a stable and workable 'user generated content eco-system' here. If you feel ignored by whats going on around you, deal with it. Eventually you will be picked up by the flow.

All I'm saying is that you've just gotta go with the flow and sometimes things (in an individual's eyes) suck. Deal with it, suck it up and move on.

Note I have no flashy background so I'm quite content to be ignored.

and let's not get started on the whole science vs belief debate...

peace people.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Benefits of an official and fixed Complaints Thread

The benefits:

* Members and Mods could help adress some of the complaints themselves and thereby release workload from the site administration.

* Members would be more thoughtful about their complaints as they are out in the open for all to see.

* Complaints that are only obvious attacks against other posters, other opinions and people would quickly be recognized as such and could be stopped right there in the thread (violation of T&C).

* Issues that frequently repeat could be recognized as the REAL issues to be dealt with.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I see no benefits of having a complaints forum open to the membership all it will do is create unnecessary drama and in-fighting of he said she said crap.
The Administrators of the board already have a complaint forum you can use it by clicking the Alert button under every post it's private and can only be seen by Moderators and Admin. All complaints are dealt with asap, no one get ignored despite what some members think.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

You might have a point there. On the other hand, I derive some entertainment value out of responding to, questioning and debating complaints.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have a simple idea...

If it is stupid, just tell me, I can take it...

One of you MODs should jump on the initiative and start a thread titled...

"Meet the Moderators"

Each Mod can post a little about themselves, what they are comfortable with, and then talk about the forum they Moderate...

That way members will have a place to go to when in doubt about a certain MOD or just to learn more about the site in general...

Semper

PS. It would also be a good way to get more members to visit some of the more obscure Forums... They may not know what they are missing...

S

[edit on 10/26/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Your idea is better than the idea I posted above. Excellent!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
"Meet the Moderators"

Already under-way through ATS MIX... voices are better than posts for something like this.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join