It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Johnson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So the topic is easy to answer : Do you really think that Robert Johnson made a deal with a demon?

For those who don't know the Robert Johnson story

Click Here

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As open minded I am to most things as I am...to this I have to say no. Mr Johnson just happened to be a man who was innovative enough to step up with his talents and show them to the world. And thank the heavens he did, because had he not...we might not have gotten what we did out of Jimmy Page or Clapton or Jackie White. Its unfortunate that not enough people actually recognize him as being the talent that fuels these other musicians.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The strange think in that story is that the producer just tell him he ain't got any talent and some day he just emerge like this, from no where and he died pretty soon after at the age of 27 from an unexplicable death.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
true that, he did die at 27 (like most if not all controversial musicians). the story(s) I've read all indicated he was poisoned by another man whose woman/wife he happened to be sleeping with. Now that I think about it, it was also featured on a documentary a year or so back on PBS. I wish had better sources other than internet sources, but i'll post one for ya anyways

www.deltahaze.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Somehow i don't think that he did make a deal with Satan himself, but it does make for a good ol blues myth

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think that maybe Mr. Johnson thought he made a deal with the devil.

In the rural south, superstition, voodoo and de Mojo hand were all consicered real. Maybe they are real.

I pefer to thank God for Robert Johnson and his talent, as he definately set the stage for contemporary blues.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
the probleme here is that it wasnt voodoo, but hoodoo. it's a different thing and i dont think it was really spread out in the south. maybe but not as i know

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makcim
The strange think in that story is that the producer just tell him he ain't got any talent and some day he just emerge like this, from no where and he died pretty soon after at the age of 27 from an unexplicable death.

Yeah but any number of things could have been a decision for that guy saying that. I do think it's weird though that some of his songs had to do with the supernatural though. I don't think he sold his soul to the devil but he could have meant that as something he didn't want to do to learn how to play the guitar.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, i guess we will never gonna really know the thrut about this, so let's say i didn't cause more things says he didnt.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Well, i guess we will never gonna really know the thrut about this, so let's say i didn't cause more things says he didnt.

Yeah probably not it's a interesting story though.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

the probleme here is that it wasn't voodoo, but hoodoo. it's a different thing and i don't think it was really spread out in the south. maybe but not as i know

Then maybe you should do a little more research.

www.buzzle.com...

But that still doesn't keep Robert Johnson from being one of the forerunners of contemporary American music.

top topics

join