It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican nonsense in Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
www.ksucollegian.com...

. . .

In support of the students' cause, the Colorado legislature passed Joint Resolution 04-1003, which condemns, among other things, policies restricting anti-homosexual speech, mandatory diversity training and open membership of student organizations at public universities.

The state of Colorado apparently believes it�s a violation of student rights to educate them about cultural differences within our society or subject them to the fear that Muslims, vegetarians or, God forbid, liberals might join the university golf club at any moment.

. . .

It makes me sad that people get so upset about listening to opinions that aren't their own, and that the state of Colorado would explicitly allow closed clubs and organizations at a public university is absurd.

Racists and white supremacists need to wake up. There're more people out there than just them, and they're NOT AUTOMATICALLY INFERIOR!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

In support of the students' cause, the Colorado legislature passed Joint Resolution 04-1003, which condemns, among other things, policies restricting anti-homosexual speech, mandatory diversity training and open membership of student organizations at public universities.

Wait, I'm confused...So you're for more loss of our freedom of speach?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The majority of anti-homosexual speech is done in a hateful manner. Hate speech is specifically excluded from the freedom of speech, according to many Supreme Court decisions, so yes, I am against allowing people to disseminate anti-homosexual speech.

I am also against the CU College Republicans' effort to restrict the speech of their professors.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

I could care less about these college nazis, a premature judgement, but hey, I have every right to make it.

Hate speech? HAHAHAHA, that is a constitutional right my friend.

The KKK are allowed to spew that all day and no one should do anything about it, as long as they opperate within the law.

new topics

top topics

join