It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Catch Man Setting Fire In SoCal!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have been watching CNN for about 3 hours now. Not once have I heard any mention of a person being captured on suspicion of Arson. Not once have I heard a single mention of the suspected Arsonist who was shot and killed. This lack of reporting concerns me.

Before everyone jumps the gun and screams conspiracy.... it is important to realize this is not one big fire. It is a lot of fires, in different areas of Southern California. It is very possible that the first fires were set by downed power lines. It is possible that some of the fires were set by Arsonist. The Santa Anna winds certainly fanned the flames and caused the fires to spread.

Could it be a terrorist attack? It is is possible but I highly doubt it.

Could it be a false flag operation? Possible, but again I doubt it. I would be convinced it was a false flag operation only if a huge earthquake rocked Southern Cal stopping people from fighting the fires.

In my opinion it is a combination of things. Some fires were set "naturally" some fires set by individual Arsonist who saw a great opportunity to burn down areas while so many firefighters were occupied fighting other fires. You combine the dry area with the Santa Anna winds to fan the flames and you have exactly what you see now on TV. The only real conspiracy I see in this situation is the reporting. Why no word about the suspected Arsonist?

CNN reports 15 active fires, 7 are contained and almost 1 million people evacuated.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Most might be forgetting how "profitable" the news story is to the giant media networks and their affiliates. When this much profit is being considered, the advantages of "managing" the story so markets remain hot and therefore profitable. Pinning the event on one arsonist, or focusing on that will be a too early sign off and it is nowhere near closure yet so easy to manage such news.

I can only imagine the orgy of excitement for people that "get off" on fire, and imagine starting, watching the excitement and our incapacities to deal with it. The phycological atmosphere in the local and distant observers with such dysfunctions is no doubt great. Such sick people as participants wanting to join in is a given, but not unnecessarily the whole story yet. The news writers might want to see how this develops into a bigger story and buffer comment until investigated.

As for the terrorist connection, that might make a great dramatic crime novel, but I am suspicious that such negative creativity can exists in such an emotionally retarded and non-rational pseudo-philosophic and dogmatic religious mind. Not impossible, but such dark brilliance is less likely I think than simple opportunists who, on seeing the fires are swept up by their psychosis or phycosexual motives.

My point is, that this story is unfortunately a goldmine for media. Spin and editorial drama fan the flames (no pun intended) and the resulting programming for networks keeps us watching and advertisers paying the networks massive profits.

Who does not believe that the subtle decisions by the network producers and directors can drag this out for more market shares by focusing on the victims misery and dramatizing the stories of people just trying to survive? It is no secret why in this current consumer addicted culture that reality shows are so popular and profitable for media? This is a "series" to the media all networks can pull their on-going episodes from. They manage every story for profit. Ask any reporter in the industry who is edited by agendas they themselves don't understand.

Don't get me wrong, this has to be reported and covered, It is a massive tragedy, but as a media person (counter media actually) I know how easy it is to keep a story longer than it is relevant, in order to keep eyes off the REAL news that never sees the phosphors or liquid crystals of your TV. We talk about such news here.

I once imagined that for profit on a slow news day if stories could be "sparked" for front page by creative editorialist or media corporations with powers of great persuasion. Remember the stories of firefighters starting fires? It might actually be darker and more pervasive than we can imagine. Controlling markets, government policy and more. WMD? Our government and social infrastructure is built on media corporations defining the consensus world FOR us. Those of us peeking out of the tenuous bag are in danger of having our noses bruised or worse.

I understand the paranoia of our posting patron, but we all share similar thoughts sometimes. We are here to listen and ask questions. If the question can be stated correctly there is always an answer (paraphrasing Einstein).

ZG

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The wind. Manufactured? I'm not saying I believe this, but what if. We know it can be done. There has even been speculation that Katrina was manufactured. Also the fact that an Army Corp of Engineers member reported evidence of explosives at the levees. Off-topic yes, but this current situation reeks of a peculiar odor.

My heart goes out to those people.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The report is the cops shot an killed the other arsonist because he was ramming them with his car.
No name, no nothing.

Now there is a $50,000 reward for info on the arsonist in the Santiago fire.

What is up. Something berry berry big.

Something "they" don't want us to know about.

And right now, people are scare. Terrorism. You bet. No matter who set them.

Let's pray it's not our own government.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
They have been trying their best to bury this since the moment I posted it.

I was just pointing out the news, when their bizzare behavior began to confirm every suspicion I have, which is a lot of the gov right now.

Whether you like my jump to the conspiracy or not, the fact is, this is Very Worrying. There is a massive coverup unraveling as we speak, and who knows where they'll go to keep it under wraps.

Countless cases in history of this exact thing happening. This isn't fairyland.

You hit the right nerve, and you damned right I'm concerned.

They say the arsonist is a biker.

Riding a red Honda.

Aye aye. I have no grounds to deny this, or agree so far. Its all great that someone is bringing this up and following the story.

I was just pointing out that signaling a high state of paranoia over something that has developed only recently usually have a negative effect on communication. How you communicated things in the quoted post above here seems more calm, and that is usually the best way to deal with hot topics that might scare people. Im only reacting on the basis of bast incidents on ATS. Not an attack on you. Not really an attack on youre rhetoric either, rather just voicing my opinion on fuling a fire too much. Not trying to lecture either. Its just my opinion.

Originally posted by simonmagus
Blackwater to Set Up Training Camp in California

blogs.abcnews.com...

There is plenty of speculation online regarding Blackwater and the CA fires. Maybe someone will do background checks on the dead and captured arson suspects.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by simonmagus]

Thanks for this. I dont live in the US and have not done andy research into Blackwater since I first heard about them in relation to the Incident a while ago, so I know little about these speculations.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
From FNC, Geraldo Rivera reporting fromthe fire zone:

Google Maps is updating every 2 hours their images from the region.

Just posting FYI.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

Does CA police usually withhold names of killed suspects? What is the normal procedure?

[edit on 24-10-2007 by simonmagus]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I would just like to say that if someone were setting all of the fires in Cali that they should be made an example of. This is similar to what happened in Greece recently. I guarantee if it was made so that the arsonist was to be burned alive while undergoing some horrific type of torture the vids would leak onto the net, and other potential arsonists would see it. They'd know that they were next.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The demeanor of the reporters this morning was alarming. Adam Housley definitely looked worried and nervous after that report.

And I've seen him get angry with a Congressman for not understanding the situation in the Peruvian earthquake.

So I believe his reporting.

And he probably broke a story that was not supposed to be broke, at least in the way it was.

Now, "they" are caught in it, and it will just get more obvious it's a complete cover-up of something.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poltergeist

What is equally concerning is the suppression of information.

This is definitely one of the 10 steps that Naomi Wolf discusses the history reveals there are 10 steps to a dictatorship. The last step is suppresion of reporting and opinion, expecially when it on to something big.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
One of the posters at
Think Progress
mentioned "If this is Al Qaeda, why havent they taken credit for it?"
For one, I dont think they took much credit for 911, in fact I only remember one spot where Osama Bin Laden even mentioned it, and all he said then was something to the effect of he didnt expect it to be that big. Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think they released a "Yeah, we did it. So what?" type of claim.
For two, This may not be over. It may be early for any responsibility taking.
If this but the beginning of the "America Fires", its best to let the Governent/CIA/FBI/Natinal Guard? THINK its just a fire as long as they can to hide their activities.

I pondered this.

Here we are, thinking theres going to be Martial Law/Police state at any minute, right?
FEMA is going to be onsite in San Diego. Sounds normal. Theres a big fire. Makes sense. Right?
The National Guard is onsite in San Diego doing everything from Security to handing out water at Evacuation sites. Makes sense as well.

If fires do break out in other states on the same disastrous scale as this, we're going to be spread pretty thin, on all fronts. Security, financially, and orginizationally.

It all has the making of instituting Martial Law.
Doesnt FEMA have the right to be more powerful than the president in some situations? I cant recall where I heard or saw that, so I trust my fellow ATS'ers to help me out. I bring it up because its a point to consider.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
double post. Apologies.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Kaiwynn]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Good Lordy. What on God's green Earth could possibly possess someone to roam around starting these massive wildfires?

My solution to the problem would be to give this idiota a jumpsuit, a pickaxe and a respirator and send him to the frontlines with all the other volunteers that are working tirelessly to put these blazes out. If a bunch of random, good-hearted people are going to lose their lives trying to fight these fires, then it only seems fair that some caveman who started some of them would suffer the same fate as well.

Un-freakin-believable

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiwynn

To extend you well calculated thought process, I would add, what an opportunity to dig into certain peoples stuff, while they are unsuspectingly evacuated.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stompk

Pardon me if I am wrong, but it sounds like this;

COP/FBI#1 "We need to get into that guys house and see if he has pirated movies!"
COP/FBI #2: "I know, we'll set fire to the whole area and go into his house when he's evacuated!"

It sounds specific, unless you mean they need to rifle through a communities things.
If it is specific, I would think if they needed to through your stuff for National Security, or the like, they could do it. No need to set up a huge fire for it.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by poltergeist
I would just like to say that if someone were setting all of the fires in Cali that they should be made an example of. This is similar to what happened in Greece recently. I guarantee if it was made so that the arsonist was to be burned alive while undergoing some horrific type of torture the vids would leak onto the net, and other potential arsonists would see it. They'd know that they were next.

When I allowed such anger over such events to color my thoughts I imagined I could think of ways to "get back" at sociopaths and criminals against society. I eventually just thought that finding an island to throw all the scum on and let them victimize each other might be an answer, but my compassion kicked in. I did not want to be like them to get justice.

I did think of dousing the arson in flame retardant like stunt men do and telling them it is an accellerant then tieing them between two trees downwind of their own fire.

I really need to watch anger based creative response though. That is sick. They just need be given a lighter and be locked in a room filled with propane gas. Damed! did it again. To upset about this. I need to get off the string.

ZG

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

What is equally concerning is the suppression of information.

What suppression of information are you talking about?
Fox News has a story about the possibility of arson on their homepage as the lead story.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I was thinking more along the lines of Hollywood producers and writers with "stuff" about the gov.. Anybody see any persistant contrails today?

But my thought is this.

This is about instilling marshall law. That seems to be Mr. Bushes agenda. His speech about CUBA today was so far out of wack, it was scary.

Here is a emergency on a national scale, and he is speaking Spanish in an address to Cuban citizens.

And there is tons of military equipment and personell to assist in the fires there, yet I haven't seen them step in. I'm talking not even the National Guard.

It's not one thing that starts a conspiracy theory. It's a collection of facts, with a possible reason, and a potential outcome.

It not a very big jump to conspiracy in this case.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Where are the reporters outside the police station waiting for a news conference?

This is definitely the biggest story of the day, because it concerns a million displaced people on the basis of someone setting these fires deliberately.

Not only did 12 fires start up nearly at once, the are all North of the Mexican Border.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

This is about instilling marshall law. That seems to be Mr. Bushes agenda. His speech about CUBA today was so far out of wack, it was scary.

I couldnt agree with you more.
I know the country has to go about its routine, and like it or not, theres still a war going on.
I think the statement by Bush, one that needed a FOX NEWS ALERT to interrupt the fires, would have been weird on any other day. Dont we have enough on our plates as it is? NOW CUBA????
I like the mention that its "only 90 miles away". Really puts paranoia in people....GG Bush...

Mispellings.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join