It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wildfires in California may have been no accident.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I've been following the fires for awhile now myself. I believe that the original fire was started by the downed power lines and then due to the strong Santa Ana winds spread from there. I've fought a few wildfires myself and know how quickly a fire can run with a good wind behind it. However, that doesn't mean that all the fires have originated from the one matter of fact usually when one starts from natural causes you'll start to see some arsons come out to add to the fire so that they can say were apart of it or just to see how large the fire could truly become. I've just read a couple articles that have just come out indicating that so far one arson has been shot and killed and that one other has been arrested, links are as follows:

www.latimes.com...[/ url]

[url=http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22646860-23109,00.html]
www.news.com.au...

But, then again I wouldn't necassarily rule out other motives for the fires right off hand either. There is always the possibility that some terror cell decided to take advantage of the situation and put their own efforts into the matter to make things that much worse for the firefighters that are doing their best to contain and put out the fires. Or that some disgruntled or strap cashed seasonal firefighter wanted to extend his job that much longer though I highly doubt that one, I'd think the terror cell would be more likely though the latter isn't necassarily out of the question.

I wish the best for the residents of Southern California and hope this ends soon so they can rebuild and move on with their lives.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

The article originated 4 years ago from Phoenix and mentioned setting forest fires. Do you really think that this could possibly be linked to this series of fires?

I'm not trying to be facetious but really want to understand why you posted the 1 liner that you did about the 4 year old article. Do you think that really has some validity here? If so, wouldn't you think that AQ would do this on a more broad scale other than a small portion of So Cal? AQ's MO is much more broad scale than this don't you think?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifiman

I never posted a one-liner. And I didn't even post the article. All I did was pointing out that an article posted in this thread by another member was in fact from 2003, and not from 2007. And I also posted a question in my post. It's not a one-liner. Please re-read the thread.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
maybe it was palnned in a huge state like florida to make money ..just kinda funny how spread out it was to me afterall look at the people that have to prophit from it

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
[Mod Edit: Removed Post]

cruzados,

Check your U2Us

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
been watching cnn since about 4:30 am.

the fire chief said they have found THREE seperate points of origin and they are calling this arson.
they are saying the fire was started this past friday(today is thursday) so almost a week.
they were calling it a perfect storm cause of the winds and such.

billion+ in damages so far.

70k reward for info on the arsonist

edit*
just said they are trying to increase the reward for any arrest that leade to a conviction

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Sorry about that but I glassed over the Usa today link.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A billion+ dollars in damage is definitely a good motive for someone who stands to gain from these fires. I'll wait to see who ends up reaping the most profit from the disaster and they would be my #1 suspects.

There are also a great many other possibilities to consider because fires can easily take hold, especially in a dry windy climate. But, if nobody is caught and any one group reaps massive reward it will look pretty fishy in my mind. These fires are much larger then the usual ones we see almost every year.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
do you think its odd that the fires stop right at the Mexico border?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by Wifiman

What article are you referring to?

The USA Today article provided by Vashtar.

Does anybody know what date these current California fires started?

I believe the first fires were first reported on Monday the 22nd. That would be 10/22. Wasn't the word going around that something was gonna happen on 10/22? I'm not sure if it was fire related though.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Now, people will be looking for housing, just like after Hurricane Katrina! I don't really know why someone would start a fire. Who knows what they were thinking? Good perception on your part, though!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join