It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I join the Knights of Columbus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Have you tried looking at the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus website? Supreme Council of the K of C You will find a lot of information there straight from the horses mouth.

If and when you join the K of C, it's up to you on what degree of participation you want. Bring new innovative ideas and inspiration, that's great.

However one thing we dont' get involved in is partisan politics. So we won't be a help there.

Some of the things that you mentioned you would be able to do in the K of C. But if you wanted to influence the K of C as a whole, you would have to make your way up in the ranks, maybe into a State Council Officer. But you have to start from the beginning.

Ask me any questions you like, and I will do my best to answer them.

CC

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
At a recent meeting a member was running late and didn't have his key-card to get in the door. I let him in but said "What's the password?" An older member overheard it and told me that when he joined years ago there WAS a password that was changed periodically, but that it had been dropped quite some time ago.

I also heard the use of a password in my council.

Does someone know if use to be a funeral ritual in the K of C? I saw one in my council, I didn´t ask about it, but I´m curious if other councils have it.

Francisco
Tijuana, Mexico

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak
Oh thanks Cory! Now the secret's out and I'm in a bind. As a KofC I'm bound to hunt you down and well. . . you know.

But then again, it would violate my Masonic obligation, wouldn't it.

[sigh] decisions, decisions

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. TGIF

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here is a link for the OP. He asked if he should join the Knights of Columbus. The following link gives reasons why you should, or would join the Knights of Columbus.

Why Join?

Enjoy,

CC

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The Knights are a good group as about almost any other civic/religious organization that you can find. They all do good for the community. I personally don't think you could go wrong with any of them.......excepts for the Oddfellows. Why, you may ask? Well........their just Odd, I will leave it at that.

Just join one and start helping your local community, then you can help them take over the world.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My father was a K of C for a few years. He quit because:

originally spoken by my Dad
"I can't stand those old ladies! All they do is bad-mouth whoever isn't there at the moment.
Cluck, cluck, cluck. It's like a hen party, all bitchin' and back-stabbin'.
If I have to listen to a bunch of women complaining, at least I should be able to enjoy lookin' at them!"

I'm forced to agree with him on that point.

But join if you want to. That's up to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
My father was a K of C for a few years. He quit because:

originally spoken by my Dad
"I can't stand those old ladies! All they do is bad-mouth whoever isn't there at the moment.
Cluck, cluck, cluck. It's like a hen party, all bitchin' and back-stabbin'.
If I have to listen to a bunch of women complaining, at least I should be able to enjoy lookin' at them!"

I'm forced to agree with him on that point.
But join if you want to. That's up to you.

It would be interesting to know what ladies he's talking about as the Knights of Columbus is an all male organization.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think he was joking like it was similar to hanging with a bunch of old ladies.

Cheek-pinchers... *cringes*

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
I think he was joking like it was similar to hanging with a bunch of old ladies.

Cheek-pinchers... *cringes*

Ah! Thanks Axe! In re-reading it, I see now what I didn't see before.

Mea Culpa!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hot_Wings

The Freemasons are an entirely secret society who attacks the Catholic Church for keeping a few secrets of its own. Can you imagine a greater form of hypocrisy than this? The Bible speaks that it is a sin not to keep a secret if you are asked to do so. But I challenge any satanic worshiping freemason to seek out this passage in the Bible. Of course, they will not do so. Instead, they will simply claim that it is wrong for the church to keep secrets when in fact it is not wrong at all, but instead, spoken of in the Bible that there are times when someone must keep secrets. For if it were against the Bible to keep secrets then no Christian or Jew would be allowed to be members of any secret society now would they? However, this logic completely escapes the uneducated, goat riding, satanic freemason now doesn’t it?

So HotWing I MUST ask....What IS the passage that states that?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

This is a very suspicious post. I am a Forth Degree Knight and actually serve in the primary role in the First Degree Expemplification (as we call it) in one of the nation's largest councils. First, it's wonderful that the Father thought so much of you and asked you to join (not all Priests are KOC members). Second, and the reason the post is quite suspicious, is that if you did any research at all, you would know that Freemasonry and Knighthood are completely incompatible. According to the Holy Father, if you are a Freemason, you live in a state a "grave sin" (Encyclical of 1984). Thus, as a Catholic, you cannot even receive Holy Communion, much less join the KOC if you are a mason. And therein is the difference. The Knights of Columbus is a religious order of the Catholic Church, and Freemasonry is not a religous society at all. It is at best a secret society that will not promote or deny, support or defend any Christian God, just acknowledge some superiour being might exist, however you want to recognize him (or her, or it).

What goes on at a typical KOC meeting is not secret at all, I can say, "Honey, Joe said the funniest thing at the meeting". WHO goes to the meetings and WHAT is said is not secret. Only the ceremonials are secret, because the points they make to new members would be lost if they knew them in advance. Pretty simple.

If you want to join the KOC, you will be asked to renounce your freemasonry and seek absolution for the sin prior to being accepted.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join