It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 'modest proposal' Written by Justin Jones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I just thought this was the best read of the day for me. To actually hear this from a senior at Coweda High School ( Government School I might add ). I know in my own mind that he was kidding about stupid 5th graders should be executed. He was just making a sarcastic point. But in my opinion, he couldn't have said it any better. The no child left behind policy is a perfect example to just how ignorant our children will be if this keeps up. I feel if a child isn't up to par with his class and is failing badly, then he needs to be left behind and do that grade level over again. I would like to know what you all think about his article.

For a millennium, the world has been plagued with stupid people corrupting society and bastardizing the value of life for all of mankind.

East Coweda High School Newspaper

www.freerepublic.com...

[edit on 10/23/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
OK I didn't realize at the time that Vinadetta had a post about dumbing down America, which is pretty much the same subject. Sorry my post. Mods: feel free to delete this thread if ya want.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Oh come on!!! You all to afraid to post your opinion on this kid? Is he right or wrong? Is he half right or half wrong? I know we all have our problems in life and deserve chances to right them, so the 5th grade comment was extreme, but the ignorant are starting to out number the intelligent world here. I really want to know your opinions. I want to see people get off their as*ses and work to make a living. But no everybody wants government to come and bail them out and give them their bottle of milk!!

new topics

join