It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Nikola!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.teslatheband.com/Sound/Sound.aspx?friend=4235

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by Tesla]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
We all know the conspiracy against Nikola Tesla by Edison.
There is a band from the late 80's that took his name and tried for years to get a bust of Nikola put into the Smithsonian.
The band is back together and creating great music!
We are hoping by getting the name out again, we can once try to get the world to understand what happened to Nikola.
Please check out their site and help them to bring Tesla into the 21st Century! (where Nik was from)!!

www.teslatheband.com/Sound/Sound.aspx?friend=4235

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by Tesla]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Actually, I wasn't aware of this conspiracy. And I can't believe a bust of Tesla isn't in the Smithsonian! He was an amazing scientist, with remarkable advances in the science of electricity!

I'm actually just begining a book on him, so I'll have even more, soon!

But what's this conspiracy??

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Edison basically sought to ruin Tesla (and some would argue, succeeded). Tesla's plans for energy were of much more benefit to man, but not to corporations...

Though he may not be revered by the mainstream....he is revered in the hearts of those who know his accomplishments, and vision....

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I know this is sorta off topic...but it has to do with Tesla...how workable would a Tesla coil be if mounted say on your bumber? Ya know, to ground out the fools car behind who is 2 inches from your bumper going 70mph

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
small world, Frank Hanna (sp) has been working with my friend's band recently- being from Nor Cal, it's hard not to know of them...never cared for their music personally, but they are some cool guys

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.yurope.com...

www.yurope.com...

www.yurope.com...

Check out some of the patents he had that he never got credit for!!!

Edison had just started the D/C current system in New York when Tesla came to America. Tesla wanted to sell Edison his A/C system, but Edison wanted it for free! So Tesla got in with Westinghouse and lit up the1890 World's Fair! Edison tried to stop A/C current, but it got him. He never forgave Tesla and swore to rid him out of all history. He had even had the Noble Prize ripped out of his hands!! Plus no one ever knows his name!www.robertlomas.com...

Check him out!
Robert Lomas has wrote extensively, and so has Margaret Cheney

"The world, I think, will wait a long time for Nikola Tesla's equal in achievement and imagination." -
E.H. Armstrong

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, the world definatelly knows his name, but Edison's is known far better. How Newtonian of Edison...

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm a *fan* of Tesla, please let me state that first.

This discussion reminded me of a TV programme we had here in UK a few years back (I can't remember when exactly) about how the Electric Chair became embrioled in the AC (Tesla) /DC (Edison) saga. This prompted me to do a Google search. Sure enough:

www.raintaxi.com...

"The creation of the chair was embroiled in a rather complicated techno war between Edison Electric and Westinghouse. Edison believed in direct current (DC) and Westinghouse supported alternating current (AC), and the competition regarding who would bring electricity to various towns and cities during this era was fierce and ugly. This same fury applied to the chair; Westinghouse didn't want AC, developed by Tesla, to be used in the electric chair, because it would make it appear unsafe. These debates pitted two great minds against each other: Edison vs. Tesla. Thomas Alva Edison was the sentimental American, the anti-intellectual self made man of experience, while Nikola Tesla was the educated European, a quiet outsider"

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Linda Goodman, the Astrologer/Author, was writing a book at time of her "Death" about Nikola Tesla called "For Shame America, For Shame". (noone ever saw her dead body)

Her daughter had "disappeared" when she was investigating/ researching the book. She was taken right out of her bed room.

She had moved to Cripple Creek Colorado, and was living in Tesla's old house. She called it the "Slipping - off-the-time-track house".

All of her notes on that book, and a previously unreleased book called "Twelth Night Secrets", were never found!!

I have always wondered what technology do we use that he invented that we don't know he thought of!

ANOTHER THING!!!

If you go to the Smithsonian, there is a Tesla 3- phase engine sitting there, right next to the bust of Edison!!
No mention of Tesla!!

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Though he may not be revered by the mainstream....he is revered in the hearts of those who know his accomplishments, and vision....

Amen!

I've only recently gotten into Tesla and what he did, and I am forever in awe of his creations.
May he live on in the hearts of all those who conspire against ridicule.

P.S. Where might I find a book about Telegeodynamics? I've decided to look into this section of Tesla's scientific career, and I can't find anything about it.

top topics

join