It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members what are your hobbies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

I got a few questions for you guys. What are your favorite hobbies, pass-times,
or collections. Please describe them, thank you!

Mine:
Well, I enjoy to rap. I have made a few songs and posted them up on Myspace.
Although, I enjoy a variety of music but my all time favorite is rap. I listen to rappers anywhere from 1990-2007, however 1990-2000 were m favorite years, because rapping was not all about bling-bling and such.

Your turn!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
usually just listenin' to hip-hop and writing/freestyling myself.. i appreciate all kinds of music hip-hop and rap is just my favorite

i also love anything to do with drawing or painting.. or just anything art for that matter

i love reading but only if its a good book, if its a book i don't find interesting reading it is like pulling teeth. my favorite authors are kurt vonegutt and stephen king

video games are up there too.. i love PS2 and want an xbox 360. also play a couple of PC games, mostly blizzard games and counter-strike

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Phantom

Ooooh I used to love blizzard games, my 2 favorites are Diablo and Starcraft.
Starcraft was my absolute favorite though.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
starcraft two is going to be coming out here pretty soon.. can't wait

starcraft is probably my single favorite video game ever

right now i'm playing warcraft III frozen throne

used to play world of warcraft a lot but i gave that up due to boredom

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is my hobby.

I spend my spare time here, causing trouble, bullying people, and being an all-round PITA.

I also like film.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I used to have so many that it was better to ask what isn't one of my hobbies, but I have found that I cannot do everything so I narrowed it down to the stuff I really enjoy - that being:

Home remodeling. I love taking busted up living spaces and making them feel new again. Generally this does not just include working on the inside of a house, but outside as well...gardening and landscaping as well. I love to learn how to do it all.

Bicycle touring. I just got back into this over this summer. I used to ride quite a bit when I was younger, but discovered the automobile. I began riding again and have worked my way up from short rides of a dozen miles to about 90+ miles. Next summer I will be touring from Dayton, Ohio to Knoxville, TN, which is a little over 300 miles one way. I will visit my daughters - maybe camp - and return home in 7 days.

Model railroading. I have mainly been an armchair enthusiast, but have starting building benchwork for a basement layout. In a few months I may have some progress.

I have other stuff that I love doing that I don't have time, money, or facilities right now to do, but maybe in the future. Those would be cars, fabrication, machining, and video making.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

of course i forgot about posting on ATS.. I'm probably browsing ATS/BTS for a good two hours a day.. on and off but two hours easy none the less

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah ATS is one of my hobbies. I used to play that one MMORPG Final Fantasy 11. It got too addicting for me. I tried to get back into it about 5 months ago but all the expansions and stuff left me behind, it was all for the better I guess.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well my pass times include driving around a listening to really really loud music and disturbing the peace, I enjoy playing video games and bass, and I collect monster energy drink tabs, Ive got hundreds, its kind of a contest between friends, i am winning, and always will be.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
At the moment I am in a funk and haven't been doing much except working, being a mom, browsing the net and occasionally playing Sims 2.

Normally I take interest in writing poetry, song lyrics and the occasional erotic short story, attempting to play bass and putting music to my lyrics, music in general, reading tarot, collecting gemstones and gossiping with the few friends that I have.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Aquariums. I'm heavy into salt water reef aquariums. Nothing as relaxing as watching a reef full of corlas and invertabrates live their lives.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Well I am into Model Railroading I don't have room for a layout at home so I am working with friend to add an additional module to his layout.
Ben91069 what scale do you model ?
Does being addicted to ATS count as a hobby ?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Of course it counts!
It is like the Harry Potter series but with a new chapter everyday!
(Even though I have never read/seen H.P.)

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I bet we'll see Model Railroading as a hobby a LOT in this thread. There are many many MANY of us out there and there's no doubt it IS the Greatest Hobby in the World.
I am an N-Scaler.

But, among my other hobbies are:

-1/25 scale modeling
-1/35 and 1/32 scale modeling
-1/64 scale modeling (S-Scale)
-Drawing
-Woodworking
-Leatherworking
-Renaissance Faires/Historical Re-enacting
-Sword (and etc.) collecting (Real ones, not those silly wallhanger SLOs)
-Rail Fanning
-Photography

As a stay-at-home dad who works part-time for a buddy who owns his own business, I have a good amount of free-time which keeps me in and out of ATS all day. I can also head down into the workshop and jump on any of the above hobbies pretty much, whenever. It's nice.

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Ben91069 what scale do you model ?

N scale.

I would really like to go with HO, but I have too many ideas and not enough space so things have to be smaller, which makes it harder to create fine detail.

But, my hands aren't shaky, so I am guessing it will turn out fine.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I like to ride my mountian bike a few miles a day
Fly fishing
playing blues guitar, bass, harp, sax and dobro
Movies
Internet Texas holdem
surfing the www.

Some of my hobbies like flyfish guiding/outfitting and my band actually make a little money but not enough to take it out of the hobby catagory.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hobbies?

Work.
Work work work work. Like in The Shining where Shelly Duval looks at "the novel" her husband has been writing, and it turns out to be page after page of "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Except my wife looks a hell of a lot hotter than shelly duval. But she says sometimes I'm scary in a way that is almost Nicholsonian. We keep telling each other that we are working so hard in order to retire early and put our family over the top financially. Sometimes I worry that I'm just putting off my dreams.

Chess
I live and breathe chess. I was a 2100 player back in college, but I've slipped. I'm currently playing an old "Mephisto" pocket computer from the early '90s. My main problem is the Queen's gambit declined. I've spent most of the year as black, trying to come up with a decent response to the Queen's gambit. Part of the problem is that I'm a bishop-reliant player, rather than a knight-pusher like most of these kids nowadays . . .

Ancient/Medieval Manuscripts.
I love ancient documents. Particularly ones that haven't been catalogued yet. I'm currently working on components of the Zohar, and trying to collate the spurious "Aesch Mezaruph" with the Shaare Orah. There are some comments in Patai's The Jewish Alchemists that have opened up avenues of research for me. That, coupled with the fact that a University in my area has acquired a treasure-trove of Jewish incunabula, have given me more fodder than I can possibly work with.

Coffee.
Especially espresso. Capuccino lets you drink more without stomach upset. It's one of the ways I stay up all night. Can you tell? The doctor's full of it--coffee doesn't affect my personality at all. Get it? "affect" is the psychological term for mood . . . oh, never mind. On to more important things.

The Lazarus Project.
Maybe someday I'll post about it on ATS, when I succeed. Of course, if I succeed, most of you will learn about it on the news. heh.

top topics

join