It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School's Lunch food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What is inside the "lunch" that is served at schools in today's society? Seriously, When I went to high school years ago, the food was terrible, always had to use the bathroom as soon as I walked in the school in the morning, and before lunch, then after I would eat lunch, and then before school was out. Every day for most of the time I was in school, then I quit eating it, and wasn't doing that so much. Is there something going on here? My relatives I have in high school now are going through the same process, and alot of other people I know. What in the hell are they doing to the "food"?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think it's ok food.... when they bought it. At my school they are selling fast food from well known places such as Taco Bell and other places around here so it seems like it would be good but when you look in the kitchen it's just kept under a lamp for a few hours.....

Pizza, tacos, burritos heated by a 65watt bulb thats the problem I think

(i never eat school food
)

[edit on 10/23/2007 by racerzeke]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If you are going to a public school, you are eating the cheapest thing they can legally serve you. There's your problem. Chances are, the prisoners in the county jail are getting the same thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As another has said, the state hands out the cheapest (therefore, lower quality) food to its primary institutions (schools, prisons, etc.). I've never been able to eat it myself. In fact, the one time I tried, I only had to look at the food to throw up. In high school, we have our culinary class cook most of the food for lunch and have the rest delivered. I never seem to get sick off of it. In fact, the lunches here are much better than even the bagged lunches I brought throughout elementary and middle school.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
hello everyone i have just joined ATS i was once a Food Service Director at a school corporation, i know some school luches are bad but what alot of people do not realize we only have very little money to put into a meal many small schools have had the same cooks for years and they really try to make things taste better,Where i worked we would make homemade foods because they were cheaper and better for the kids, but guess what ?they didnt even care or know what homemade food was because most children today are raised in fast food places and only want junk food. that is why some schools are going to buy fast food and putting it in the schools. iI dont believe in that , but many schools do what ever they have to to break even.

top topics

join