It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Love About the USA?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I also love the freedom of movement that we enjoy. I've driven from coast to coast several times and most everywhere in between. No check points. No papers needed. No hassles. Just the wide open road and a never-ending journey.

If you're not from America, you should definitely come check it out.

My favorite guilty pleasure:

AMERICAN IDOL

FANTASIA BARRINO ROCKS!

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
ECK,

My bf actually wants to leave the UK in a few years, immigrate elsewhere, some place warm, hes fed up with the system there.

I am trying to convince him either Arizona, nevada, or Alaska. I told him nevada is the best: hookers, slots, underground nuke testing, area 51.....all in one big ugly state.......does it get any better than that?

Add Nevada to the list of why I love America!

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
New York City, I will be there soon enough . .

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

Give me one single attribute the United States has over its competitors that is not warfare oriented and I will refute it. You are living in an absolute dream world if you belive the United States is the most free nation on the planet.

Will do. We are an economic powerhouse. When the American economy goes down the tubes, so does the rest of the world's. Other nations economies effect the world, as well, but no one to the degree that the US does.

We have the largest agricultural potential in the world. Our foodstuffs are so largley able to be produced that the government actually has to pay farmers not to grow crops. We have more exports of food then any other nation.

In reference to New Zealand, you said the dictator made the laws, and only the ones which make sense are enforced. However, at any time, a law could make "sense" and suddenly be enforced. Here in the US we have laws that are all enforced, se we know when we're breaking the law and we're not. I find that to be more of a freedom then not knowing if what you're doing is illegal in the eyes of the law or just the eyes of your dictator.

We have the most diverse climate of any other nation in the world. The USSR was close, but they no longer exist.

Those are just to name a few.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
ECK,

My bf actually wants to leave the UK in a few years, immigrate elsewhere, some place warm, hes fed up with the system there.

Ya'll need to move down south, girl!
The Carolinas and Florida rock! And the Keys rule!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I love the fact that you don't have to be afraid when you get the government's attention, such as by reporting a crime or filing a lawsuit as you do in other countries sometimes. Here, in the US, the government can't do a background check on you for reporting a crime and then arrest you for something you did.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it happens all the time. For example; I was over at a friends house, and he and his girlfriend started fighting. She called the cops on him. They came, found out she had a warrant for an outstanding check, and took her to jail.
It was quite ironic, since she was trying to get him taken to jail.

As far as what I love about America? Well, most of what I love has come to pass, and no longer applies. I love the original system, before it was turned into this modern day cluster#.

I love that they can't come into my house yet, without a warrant. (Although, warrants are easy to come by now days)
I love that I can make personal choices, like whether to wear my seatbelt or not. (As long as I'm not caught)
I love that I have the right to deny a search of my vehicle. (Although, saying no has only worked once)
I love that I don't have to pretend that I like or agree with the gov't. (Unless I find myself in front of a judge)
I love that I'm free to leave the country, should I feel it necessary.
I love that I have the freedom to smoke marijuana whenever I want. (As long as I'm not caught)
I love that I'm entitle to a public defender, but only if I have no job or money at all.
I love how the media puts a bright and shiny spin on things that are horrible, and makes bad things seem ok. (Just kidding!)
I love the Constitution and the Declaration. (Even though they apparently mean diddly squat now days)
I love how churches are tax exempt, even though the Bill of Rights specifically states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion". (Ok, that was sarcasm)
I love the people who realize that their country isn't what it once was, and want to change it.

Well, I tried.

[Edited on 4-30-2004 by Satyr]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join