It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neanderthals not human ancestors- Old news...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I heard this, on the radio this morning in the car. Not by BBC, some local station. So I check it out online, and it's OLD NEWS!

I'm thinking wait a second, I don't recall this.

Sure enough, BBC is possibly the likely source. So do modern scientists have to re think evolution, many missing factors, and it keeps getting more misty. Seems we "humans" have many possible genetic cousins, but no direct family.

The biggest conspiracy of them all.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I too thought this was old news. I remember hearing it over 2 years ago (can't remember where) where they supposed that the Neanderthals were an evolutionary branch that went nowhere.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Neanderthals were not close relatives of modern humans and represent a single species quite distinct from our own, scientists say.
3D comparisons of Neanderthal, modern human and other primate skulls confirm theories that the ancient people were a breed apart, the researchers report.

Others claim Neanderthals contributed significantly to the modern gene pool.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.anthropology.wisc.edu...

hope these links are of use not much i can add to as mostly everything you want to know is these links

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Annother kick in the gonads for evolution, yaahh!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Neanderthals not human ancestors

They must have never met my cousins

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
NEO You don't believe in evolution

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Actually I believe that humans are a creation that has evolved but not in the way our current science community sees it.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Actually I believe that humans are a creation that has evolved but not in the way our current science community sees it.

to be honest NEo i believe we are a creation that have devolved to our current level.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

to be honest NEo i believe we are a creation that have devolved to our current level.

That is something I have never heard before. Could you expand more?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Originally posted by THENEO

I would agree with this posoition. Look at the biblical life spans degrading over time. Could our size have done the same thing?

top topics

join