It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

menstrual cycle - women's thoughts please!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Howdy

this is prolly a bit personal but I am a little baffled about this.

My daughter is 17 and I am 39.
Well, I got my visitors and so did she, well, a week later I got mine again. ???????? Then last night (she is on the pill, so definitely think she shouldn't be getting her period until she is on the sugar pills) she says, she has hers too.

So that is both of us!!

It just seems weird. I could understand my own cycle being a bit out of whack but my Daughter too? At the same time?

I have heard that other women can set off a period. Just really weird.

any suggestions?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey Honey...same problem.I'm 36, my daughter is 17. My daughter is not on the pill though, but our cycles happen at the same time.Things get very interesting around here. It's a hormone thing..not sure why.I have even heard of college room mates with the same problem.One of those mysteries of life, I guess. My only suggestion...keep the men out of the house for a week..safer that way.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's completely normal for women who live together to have synchronized menstrual cycles. You guys smell each others' pheromones and you gradually move your own cycles until they match.

It's what must have happened to whole villages back in the ancient times. Why women had the "women's house" and the moon time was sacred for them.

I bet they wanted to be considered taboo during that time so that they could all sit around and not work for the men for five or so days every month.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yes, when women are around each other, their periods will become in sync. Even if one of you has a weird one. No worries, unless it happens more often. If it does, then talk to your Dr. about switching pills.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Oh thanks AD, glad to hear that you have experienced similar!!!

I am just more concerned about her getting a period while she is on the pill... so perhaps I will have to take her to the Doc's to get a different pill?

I am sure (many years ago) when I was on the pill, I had to go on another type because it wasn't strong enough, so I would get my cycle when I wasn't supposed to.

?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
It's completely normal for women who live together to have synchronized menstrual cycles. You guys smell each others' pheromones and you gradually move your own cycles until they match.

oh thanks for this, I had heard of this but wasn't sure. Blame the pheromones!!!

It does seem I got insync with her... the woman who has the strongest pheromones will get everyone going! lol

I was just like 'wow'...both of us?? couldn't believe it!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I will make an appt at the Doc for my Daughter asap. Don't want to be a Grand Mummy just yet!!

thanks for the help !!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
You can always go the Depo route.

While I'll keep my a-holish moral opinions to myself haha, she may actually be one of the "lucky" ones that gets no period at all.

Then again, she may be one of the unlucky ones that gets it every day until they get off the shot.

Either way, pregnancy SHOULD cease being a worry. 1 shot, every 3 months and no pills to worry with.

Hey, they also have that new IUD that seems to work pretty well. It's got the annoyance of having to be placed inside, but then again, no shots, no pills, no pregnancy and it's easily reversable at any time and good for 5 years.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
oh thanks for that, I am not on any contraception. But, my Daughter is cos she well, yanno. But, that might be a better option... Depo..

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My daughter and I were synchronized too. Weird, it happens for reasons I don't know? Of course my daughter has moved out, and my sons girlfriend spends the night almost everynight and guess what..... Yep! You guessed it :bnghd:

Edit* to add

MajorMalfunction I bet that's it. It all comes down to pheromones again.

[edit on 10/26/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There's a paper about it here.

Should explain it all rather nicely. If verbosely.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My wife swares that her and her mother have the same issue. This has got to be a bonus for Mormans. If all your wives are on the same cycle you know exactly which week to plan your fishing trips.

*ducks flying shoes*

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
*ducks flying shoes*

No need to duck for flying shoes....we know how we are don't we girls? I agree it would be a good time for a guy to take a fishing trip

Then if we get weepy, we don't have a man standing over us saying..."What did I do wrong this time?" Sometimes girls just need a good cry because it makes us feel better, not because anybody did anything wrong

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Hay,

It is VERY common, I have experienced it before and now I get my period when the young lady living in the same house as I gets hers.
It is rather annoying because she is not regular.

Heads Up
WIS

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

No need to duck for flying shoes...

So true! There's a time of the month a girl doesn't mind having "me" time, that is to say, sans-he time.

Please, do go fishing. Have a great time and don't forget to return with chocolate.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I don't have the "curse" anymore and it is great.

Don't believe the horror stories you hear about menopause.

I had about a year of "power surges" , aka-hot flashes , but that is the worst that happened.

I think some women use memopause as an excuse to be witchy.

Back to the thread..... my daughter and I had our peroids at the same time of the month also.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It is very common, there are 8 girls (1 boy) in my family, imagine my poor brother....lol.

It happens at work as well. Mine got so messed up when some ladies were let go. The cycle changed. Now there are new Ladies there and it is changing again. Hormone thing is what they say. Still it is so weird that it happens.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
firstly thanks to everyone's advice!

I took my daugher to the Doc and he left her on the same pill??????

I was like wtf ??

If she has her period whilst on it, then obviously it aint working?

surely he has got it wrong?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If you're concerned and his diagnosis didn't feel right, it's time for a second opinion.

Have you got a Planned Parenthood near you? They're really good with these issues.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

I will take her for a second opinion. When I was on the pill EONS ago, I was on the wrong one and so bled in between the cycle...soooo of course I went there expecting him to change the pill she was on.

I was so wide eyed when he said aw nah, sometimes it happens! Yeah and so does unwanted pregnancies!!!

I told her in the meantime to wrap it in plastic or she was grounded.

I think I made myself very clear!

NO Babies!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join