It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Wall of China is Disappearing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
According to Reuters the Great Wall of China is Disappearring because of Farmers, Developers, and Tourists.

"Only one third of the 3,950 miles of wall now exists and the length is still shortening," the official Xinhua news agency said, citing a recent report.

"Improper repair is just one kind of destruction," Dong Yaohui, general-secretary of the Great Wall Society of China was quoted as saying.

"It's much better to keep it as it was if we can't repair it properly."

The number of visitors -- ten million a year -- also has contributed to wear and tear, Dong said, calling on tourism departments to "find a balance between development and protection."

I wonder if future generations will only be able to read about the Great Wall of China?

Click here for the Reuters Article............

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Wallstreet is paying the Chinese 15 cents an hour to steal the bricks and build a new monument.

It's going to be an illuminati pyramid, except instead of an all-seeing eye, there's a RollBack Smiley on top:

The Great Wal-Mart of China.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Wallstreet is paying the Chinese 15 cents an hour to steal the bricks and build a new monument.

It's going to be an illuminati pyramid, except instead of an all-seeing eye, there's a RollBack Smiley on top:

The Great Wal-Mart of China.

hail Walton! Hail the all-seeing rollback smiley! Hail the supercenter!

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
They need a fat old man holding a rake in the air yelling "You damn kids get off my wall!" and "I know who your father is!"

top topics

join