It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence in Iraq down 70%

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Not to contribute to the derail or anything but if Hillary is elected, we're done for. This will be a whole new level of a country selling it's people out. You thought 1913 was bad? Get ready for the next 8 year ride.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Question(s). Are you like in training to become a junior mod, or something? Even if what you are saying is technically true when you take people to task on all these threads I've seen you on lately, don't we have real mods here on ATS for that?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Question(s). Are you like in training to become a junior mod, or something? Even if what you are saying is technically true when you take people to task on all these threads I've seen you on lately, don't we have real mods here on ATS for that?

No.

Even if I had time to be a mod, I am not delusional enough to think that I am well liked enough by the members or the mods to be considered. I think I am generally thought of as too “controversial” to be any kind of member of distinction.

I do however love ATS, and I like the format everything is laid out in. It makes it just a little more difficult to quickly scan posts when they are not laid out like the others. I like to see a little more uniformity.

I also don’t like to draw more attention to a thread that may get heated and controversial if I am having fun in it. It makes sense for us to try and police each other up and keep the "authorities" from ruining the fun.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

DeadflagBlues, I totally agree... That's why I said, God willing, that will be a DISASTER we will never have to endure. :shk:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, this is some good news to come out of Iraq, even though the Bad outwieghs the good bettter then 20:1, its about time some good news come out of Iraq.

But we have known for some time that things were starting to 'get better' in Iraq, and we all know that good news in Iraq, is bad news for the dems. The dems came to power in '06 on the suposition that they were to end the war in Iraq, and after they got into power, what did they do... they took a bigger slice of the Pork and shut up about the war...

Until last week, when Polosi and the dems 'slapped' the Turks in the face, and tried to stir up a already bad situation in the middle east. Now the Turks are mad as hell and want to have a 'military exersice' that will range into Northern Iraq and fight against the PPK (kurds), opening up a new war front on the most stable region of Iraq.

I don't know how to take the actions of Polosi, Murtha, and Lantos, and the rest of the dems, that threw that inflamitory bill on the floor of the house a couple weeks ago. Are we supposed to think that they are just stupid, and didn't know what the repercusions would be, or are they cold calculating people, who knew what would happen if they did this, and seeing how the situation in Iraq was finnaly starting to 'cool' down, and become manigable, they felt the need to 'stir' up the mess, and open up a new front in the War in Iraq, but haveing Turkey invade Northern Iraq and fight the Kurds.

Which is just maddening, because at the start of this conflict it was the Kurds who helped the US forces, while Turkey would not allow the US, and US allies to use bases in Turkey for refueling, and to launch attacks from there. So, needing a attack to come from the north, the Kurds joined with allied forces and led a US backed invasion force into Baghdad from the north.

So now we have one hell of a bad situation, a NATO 'ally' is going to attack a ethnic group in Iraq, that in recent memory(start of Iraq War II) fought alongside US forces, while Turkey refused to.

So, what are we supposed to do... besides thanking Nancy...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
even though the Bad outwieghs the good bettter then 20:1, its about time some good news come out of Iraq.

According to who? The liberal based media? That's why I don't watch ABC,NBC,CBS or CNN anymore...

[edit on 23-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Violence in Iraq has dropped by 70 percent since the end of June?
Maybe they meant on July 1st between 11:58 and 11:59 pm.

After that it was business as usual.

As much as I would like to believe it to be true, I find this article highly dubious.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Why do you have to be a mod to point out correct procedure here? If every poster made more effort to post correctly, there would be no need for moderators or regular joes to help other posters with their posts. I think that cav communicates on ATS well and hopes others will follow his lead.

Think Mod, Post like a Mod and the Mods won't slap ya down or HAVE to correct your post.

Ya know?

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What makes me sad about news like is that these kinds of statistics are the ones that the government uses to sell their lies, and deceit people. And they are so simple and convincing that it works perfectly. While the reality, is very ugly, as twitchy demonstrated.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

As do I. There was reports that they were constantly changing what it means to be a "casualty" in occupied lands.

Let's say the classify everything so tightly that if a Car Bomb goes off and US troops die in the hospital instead of "at the scene," they're technically not a "combat casualty." And thus don't count as "violence." I heard a MAJOR portion of all lowered violence was due to the re-classifying of what getting hurt means and is.

That was just an example, I'll try and dig up the report I had read about the classifications of what is and isn't a combat related death.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Yep, everyone who said "The surge will never work," can eat crow now.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Let me make a correction.

REPORTS of violence in Iraq are down 70%. I'm guessing the ACTUAL violence is about the same as before. Just because the Bush administration says something doesn't necessarily make it true (ie WMD's in Iraq, Iranian nuclear capabilities, etc.)

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantix
What makes me sad about news like is that these kinds of statistics are the ones that the government uses to sell their lies, and deceit people. And they are so simple and convincing that it works perfectly. While the reality, is very ugly, as twitchy demonstrated.

That about sums it up.

Cavscout, I think you take this board way too personally sometimes. I wasn't replying to you when I mentioned partisan crap, I wasn't even referring to you. You seem to be bothered by the perception of people not liking you on this board, I really wouldn't let it get you on the defensive. If people liking each other were some prerequisite here, I would right on the outs with you. Honestly I like everybody here, (except majic
) and I've seen you make a fine debate at times, this board isn't personal unless you make it that way.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Reuters usually reports to benefit the Left which they obviously support. Lets give credit where credit is due

The Dem's must be really desperate to call in the Big Guns like you!

It is refreshing to see this on ATS. Actually these facts have been in the news a lot lately. People have just been ignoring them because they don't fit into their Political Agenda. Everyone should Flag this thread. If for no other reason, to piss off the Far Left Bunch. I say this with love in my heart

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

So basically you're telling me you don't give a damn that less people are dying in Iraq and you all you want to do is get back at someone for hurting your pride. Because of that I could care less about you think. You don't know what it is to be a real American and you don't deserve any further response.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
For those of us who do care if things are improving or not, according to IBC there has been significantly less civilian casualties, but it down from an all time high, and it is certainly not a 70% reduction.

The Baghdad ‘surge’ and civilian casualties

It is good news regardless of your political affiliation. Who gives a flying fart if it makes some politician look good or bad anyway? People are dying over there.

Some of you just don't get it.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That is probably because the CIA is running out of Semtex to supply both sides to keep the Sunnis and the Shiites factionalized...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The lack of responses here makes me think that many of the negative stereotypes of the Far Left are spot on. Good news hurts your cause and you choose to ignore it.

I have no love of the Far Right either. I don't recall them wanting to loose a war on purpose just to make a Political point though.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Hey dg we better start booking our next vacation of the beautiful sands of the green zone in Baghdad because the violence is 70% down.

Anything to get the money moving to keep feeding the Haliburton monster.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, Marg, its time to go. Violence is UP in Hyannis "Cape Cod this year.

I want to be safe, i'm with you.

The fact is no one KNOWS WHo to beleive. I lean towards the left so i want proof, you know??? After all, up to now the lies have been rampant.

Can we be blamed? NO.

And no one here can blame the skeptic in us. ( no one)

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
As someone noted above, REPORTS of violence are down.
I noticed this long before this article, prime time news doesnt even MENTION baghdad any more, SBS News does throw in a story here or there.

70% reduction in violence? hah, thats as believable as the '' we believed saddam had wmd '' lie..

With elections coming up, Iran coming up, and the economy going DOWN, the United states BADLY, needs to start portraying Iraq as a success.
As something its achieving.

I mean c'mon, the ruskies are useless, but atleast they knew when they were beaten.

We need to show Iraq as being succesful, or else people might not follow us into Iran.
We need to show America as being STRONG< or else the economy might look weak.
We need to show Iraq as being a benchmark for American Diplomacy, so we can rape them 'lawfully'

I bet my bottom dollar If I asked 100 Iraqi's how violence levels in Iraq are going, little if any would say '' its sooo much better then 12 months ago''

sadly, people are still killing walking the streets eating icecream,
people are still killed by bombs crashing through the ceiling,
people are still killed lining up for Gas, or food...
Disease is breaking out,
famine is rife,
refugee's are STREAMING across the border

What a load of CRAP!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join