It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government wants gamers for project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The British Government Ministry of Defence recruiting for top-secret work on Government projects. they are looking for video gamers!!!!

here is link:

pc.ign.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
could it be for a british version of America's Army, the mass
propaganda tool employed by the United States Army?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeppilgrim
could it be for a british version of America's Army, the mass
propaganda tool employed by the United States Army?

Which is actually a pretty enjoyable game, or at least it was for the brief period that I played a couple of years back. Pretty neat for a free game.

I know there was some talk among the Brits of studying the behavior of players in a Massively Multiplayer environment. Trying to replicate the effects of the Corrupted Blood bug in World of Warcraft and study how players behave during a virtual epidemic.

Wiki article: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm not that suprised, the future is more technology and who has the best grasp of technology, us younguns.

I was watchin a programme on tv about a future American fighter plane (i really don't remember what it was) But he said they had put children in it without telling them the controls and then about half an hour later the kids were telling them that the controls should be improved. I suppose it's because younger minds take hold of thigns quicker.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think that the coming world conflict will be fought entirely on Halo 3 and the Chinese could conquer us all.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I did a little online gaming experiment myself when I was taking my psychology class in college. I decided to do nothing for 3 days straight except play Battlefield 1941. No sleep, only light snack meals and canned sodas. I only broke from the game to use the bathroom essentially.

When I got off the game I had to immediately go to work. I don’t know if it was the lack of sleep of the constant visual images but it took a while for my mind to adjust to the 3 dimensional world again. Things seemed closer to me than they actually were. I remember walking to my car and thinking that it seemed to take forever even though I thought I was walking fast.

When I got to work I tried to start typing on the keyboard and found that my fingers would hit the wrong keys on the keyboard about half the time. I knew what key I wanted to hit but for some reason the key next to it was pressed instead. I was still running on the adrenalin high at the time and I did not feel tired or sleepy in the least.

The effects only lasted for about 3 hrs but there was a definite alteration in the perception of reality. Things did not seem as real to me even though I fully understood the consequences of my actions. I can see why the government would want to study this phenomenon in that it is rare in life to be on a constant adrenaline rush for such an extended period of time without drugs being involved. It is basically a total mind exercise and since it is largely separated from physical exhaustion it is very telling to how the mind operates in elevated environments.

The results that I concluded from my own experiment were that I could have stayed up even longer playing the game continuously without any noticeable degradation in my playing ability. My score each game was the same before, during, and after the experiment. My playing ability neither improved or degraded during or even days after the extended session.

I will say that my memory of the events that took place is a complete wash. I don’t remember anything that may have happened in the game for those three days. Did I get attacked in a very clever way? I don’t remember. Did I have a significant victory in the game? I don’t remember.

Perhaps they know something that we do not about video games and how the mind works.

join