It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Launches at 11:38 EDT. Expects to Reach and Dock With ISS in 44 Hours!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Maybe it should say " Display Ignorance" instead

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, you answered my question John, thank you. It basically comes down to there is more going on then any of us know about. I actualy enjoy your theories on the secret space program. This shuttle one though....yeah... it doesn't mesh well with your other theories. It makes no sense to have a high profile mission doing top secret stuff, if there was another more covert way to do it. Please please please drop it.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by b309302]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Yeah, right. 44 hours worth? Testing? They just took off! Stowing equipment? Its all stowed for takeoff! Setting up housekeeping? Let me respectfully suggest that this belongs in a fairy tale thread.

Sorry I missed this one since you posted it to a area of the site I do not normally waste my time, I mean, go to.

John, have you ever looked into what happens after launch and how it affects people? Do you know what the statistics are on how many astronauts get space sick in their first day? Do you know how long it takes to stow the seats after a launch? Do you know how long it takes to take off the overgarments and pressure suits in a micro-gravity enviroment? Do you know how many hours it takes to perform the heat shield visual inspection? Do you know how many hours they are allocated for sleep?

If you think that they are spending this time docking at a secret space station, you are the one in the fairy tail.

Did it not occur to you that they would not bother docking at a "secret" space station with an Italian civilian onboard this flight?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Just bow out gracefully so you can go back to things that CAN'T be proven....like bucket excavators on the moon...

Like this one?

Or this?

Oh, and here is a nuclear generator. They call it Aristarchus!

Oh, and here is a building on the moon. Zond 3 took this photo. It is about 40 miles long and about 12 miles high!

Oh, and here is one of those darn cities that keep popping up all over the moon. This one is on the near side. That is the side that we can see.

Thanks for the post. Your contributions and truly appreciated.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
It basically comes down to there is more going on then any of us know about.

And I'm sure that you, and a good many other reasonable people, can agree that the quoted statement is a big "no fooling?". It is a given that the military, the government, NASA, even some private industry, have programs and projects that they want kept secret.

What does not follow is the supposed scale of the "conspiracies" formulated here. Damning the entire attempt to create these "conspiracies" is the total refusal of the creators to address the clearly senseless suppositions. They simply ignore them and continue to sharpen their crayons.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Originally posted by COOL HAND

Did it not occur to you that they would not bother docking at a "secret" space station with an Italian civilian onboard this flight?

I would imagine that there are several levels of clearances aboard the space shuttle and that while it would seem that everybody on board would know what is going on, I doubt that this is the case. There are not a whole lot of window seats in the shuttle.

I would assume that they have security curtains that could be put in place during certain operations and that while some astronauts might suspect something 'fishy' is going on they are not going to question it as per the terms of their security agreement with NASA.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
See John exactly... how did the shuttle or even a rocket, get a bucket wheel excavator to the moon? Or even carry the amount of food needed for an operation of that size. Obviously it didn't. Saying we use the shuttle to supply the SSS is really undermining your other theory. If they have alternatives to supply the program that are more covert ( and they must to get a full on mining operation onto the moon with no one noticing), then why not use those to supply the SSS? Makes no sense at all to use a highly public shuttle to supply a secret base, if you have secret ships.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong..... but don't they usually send the "secret space shuttle" to the "secret space station"?

Maybe the secret space shuttle is in the shop for new brakes and anti-grav plates....

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

See John exactly... how did the shuttle or even a rocket, get a bucket wheel excavator to the moon? You would need to launch many times the weight we are now to support a program like that. To support those moon base theories you would need something besides the shuttle to do it. If we do have other ways to supply the station then obviously they wouldn't be using the shuttle. So to say they are using the shuttle to run supplies to the SSS, only counters your moon theories. Obviously they are using something else instead of the shuttle.

Obviously. Get it?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
I would imagine that there are several levels of clearances aboard the space shuttle and that while it would seem that everybody on board would know what is going on, I doubt that this is the case. There are not a whole lot of window seats in the shuttle.

When the shuttle deals with secure payloads, they have all military (or former) military memebers onboard. They also make changes to the comms gear for the use of secure U/L and D/L. They do not have civilians on the crew at all.

I would assume that they have security curtains that could be put in place during certain operations and that while some astronauts might suspect something 'fishy' is going on they are not going to question it as per the terms of their security agreement with NASA.

C'mon john, be realistic here. There is no way they could prevent him from having the knowledge of what is going on at any given moment. How would they mask the sound of the thrusters firing, or the sound of docking? How would they hold this "curtain" in place in a micro-gravity enviroment? Do they just strap him down somewhere, or maybe knock him out?

If what you keep saying is true, than what are they filling the airwaves with on NASA TV? Canned footage of a older mission?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
No it's actually not obvious. If they have a way to covertly move cargo into space, which they must to support your secret space program. Why are you going to use the high profile space shuttle to supply a "secret" station? Even though they have the ability to supply a secret station secretly, they choose not to, and risk exposing their secret by using the shuttle? Where is the logic in that?!? Thats as far from obvious as you can get. You were a pilot... the theory is going down... eject eject!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Okay, lets try it this way
Forget the logistics of it and just answer one question... WHY? We are going to say they have covert ways to move cargo into space. We agree on that. So if you already have the ability to get the supplies into space without anyone knowing about it, why do you need the shuttle? Why use the shuttle to run supplies to a secret space station, if there is another more covert way to do it (that you agree we also have)? Seems like a real unnecessary liability to me. So once again WHY use the shuttle if there are other more covert alternatives? I'm really not understanding what the point of this conspiracy is. Your going to say we have ways to secretly move large amounts of cargo into space to supply the secret space program... yet now we need the shuttle to supply the secret space program? Doesn't one conspiracy counter the other one? I'm really not followng this logic. What am I missing here?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'm really not followng this logic.

Since when does that mean anything here?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I know logic and common sense rarely prevail on ATS, I'm not even hoping for that at this point. I actually am just really curious as to the reasoning behind this theory... basically the "why" part.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Because it is so much larger than you could ever fathom. It's right in front of you but you can't see it. Look at the photos a few post up and if you can't see any mining equipment or nuclear reactors then you are clearly not ready.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by sr71b]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I guess that must be it... I just can't see the big picture... logic, common sense, and reasoning must be hindering my ability to understand what is really going on. Guess if I stop using that part of my brain I'll start to finally see the truth

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
reply to post by zorgon

The intelligent "DOH" is a nice touch. Good one.

So MrPenny, your trying to tell us that a simple "DOH" is unintelligent? So what your saying is someone can't try to show a little humor in using a sound like "DOH" and that makes them unintelligent. Hmmmm I'd hate to see your sense of humor.

Sorry off topic, but all I see on any post John or zorgon puts up, I see that MrPenny is there for the attacks. I do not care if they get along. What I do care about is people that make remarks about someones intelligence. I would have to say MrPenny, that you don't have a clue. Kinda childish. Oops, I used "kinda." Stupid me.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

What I do care about is people that make remarks about someones intelligence. I would have to say MrPenny, that you don't have a clue. Kinda childish. Oops, I used "kinda." Stupid me. Sorry to derail the thread further... is it just me or did you just do to MrPenny, what you said you hate people doing..and do it all in the same paragraph? That is too funny.
Sorry, anyways back on topic, just waiting for John...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by b309302

Now your getting it.

No seriously though, we have to put aside everything that we know to be true and have been told our whole life's and look at things at a new perspective. This is obviously very hard to do but this is not just something that should be applied to the threads about secret space stations, this is the whole basis of opening up your mind and being a conspiracy theorist. This is what we do here at ATS, this is why we are here.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm up for a good conspiracy. But they do have to make some sense. There has to be a reason for the conspiracy, wouldn't you agree? To have a conspiracy just for the sake of having one doesn't make much sense. Like the moon conspiracy, if it does exist, then secrecy is a reason for the conspiracy. Makes sense to have a conspiracy, never argued that point. But to use the shuttle to supply the SSS seems to be counterintuitive, and serve no purpouse. The secret space program conspiracy already explains how they get supplied, why throw the shuttle into it?
Edit: It seems we are getting to the point we are just making up conspiracies for no reason other then to have them. The shuttle one is a good example. There is no need/reason for this conspiracy. The conspiracy that we have secret ships that supply the secret space program already took care of the logistics. Why do we even need the shuttle theory then? To make it more complex, both theories came from the same person. Even a conspiracy theorist is going to have a hard time finding the logic behind that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join