It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans flooded again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So while most of this area of the states suffers drought New Orleans gets hit again.

23 Oct 2007
Parts of New Orleans were left under water after the US city was hit by heavy rain, according to local officials.

Associated Press reported on October 22nd that more than 20 centimetres of rain fell on New Orleans during the day, leading to waist-high floods in the east of the city.

Several businesses that had only recently reopened after finally repairing the damage caused by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 were inundated by water, while schools across the city were closed early as a precaution.

While New Orleans residents may not have welcomed the rain, it did provide some relief to farmers across the south-east of the US which is currently in the middle of its most severe drought on record

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm from just north of New orleans and both my parents worked there most of my life so I can verify that New Orleans has and always will flood when a heavy rain comes. There are certain underpasses that have like 8 ft of water in them when the city gets maybe a few inches because those spots are the bottom of the bucket. Many times I heard stories of graves being flooded and coffins floating down the streets.

Just a terrible area for a city to be built. They've lived w/ it for many years so they persiveer(sp)

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The strange thing is, this is weather we typically have in May. I can't remember offhand any time in November when we have had flooding like this.

As for the flooding, it was the same areas that typically get flooded. The worst one I saw was Canal Boulevard at the train trestles.
That area always gets flooded when there is more than an inch of rain. I have yet to figure out why these areas don't get pumped, but I have a feeling it may have something to do with our lovely City Government.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Has all this flooding helped knock back the termite problem you guys also have to suffer?

top topics

join