It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How Television Works"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
On some level we KNOW television is manipulative and yet we can't seem to turn away. We also KNOW the mainstream media exploits technology to push an agenda. So, I thought this was interesting.

“Segmented into five informative and entertaining sections, ‘How Television Works’ is a must see for anyone curious about who controls television, why producers alter their programming to appease corporate sponsors, and what detrimental affects television has on human brain chemistry, attention span and behaviour.”

How Television Works:
www.informationliberation.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Excellent Excellent Excellent

A must view for those that wonder why there eye always goes to the TV when ever it is on.

I liked the comments on hyperactivity being people unable to adjust from sedative TV to real world.

Also the idea that violence is shown, then the mind tells the person not to worry about it breaks down empathy building abilities

Here is article on how sponsors are interjecting even more advertisement directly into story lines, I think this is part of the writers strike, they are fed up being told they must write to push advertisement and agenda.

Product placement in TV, it is so over the top when you see it here and are not already sedated by TV.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
KosmicJack...LOVE your tapestry...you must be a noosphere fan too?

As a media rat...the auto response is ...well you CAN turn it off, walk away.
So, in essence I take it that most people can't trust their OWN mind?
Yeah I'm playin devil's advocate...why not?!

moonvibe

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by moonvibe

Well, you are right - we should just turn it off. But it is constructed as the fabric of our society these days. All media is our new church. I don't mean that to be blasphemous but it is the tie that binds us together. It has replaced the front porch and the town square. Very powerful... not just in the psychological mechanism of how it works but also the social function of how it works. How long can you stay "relevant" if you turn it off? Ask any grandparent who doesn't know the latest popstar or trendy t.v. show much less what the hell You Tube is.

[edit on 23/11/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hey KosmicJack...got the message...can't reply, not enough points.

Anyway...I'm IN the media...LOL More on that later!
Thanks for the welcome!

new topics

top topics

join