It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Plea for Rational Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I used to be just like you. I believed that there was a huge alien conspiracy linked to the government, and had unwillingly participated when I was abducted by them. I believed there actually was something to psionics. I believed in ghosts. I believed in a god. I believed I was right. But I delved into it too deeply for my own good.

There was no way of convincing me otherwise. I was close-minded, and was led like a sheep to believe such things by people on this very board. People here say that they are the guardians of the truth, and that everyone else is being deceived. All that happened in coming here was being told one lie instead of another. I realized that if anyone was to ever believe a word of what I had to say, I would have to back it up with scientific fact.

I had always loved science. I looked at my beliefs, and put them up to scientific and historical scrutiny. Let me say it clearly: THERE IS NO SCIENTIFIC OR HISTORICAL EVIDENCE TO BACK ANYTHING YOU BELIEVE RELATED TO ALIENS, CONSPIRACIES, GHOSTS, GOD, ETC.

Of course, I still think there are conspiracies within the government. It's inevitable that there are corrupt politicians with their own nefarious agendas, but it's not the Illuminati. Other than that, the only other real conspiracy I can think of it the propagating of conspiracy theories to draw interest away from the truth you need to seek out on your own. Do not readily believe anything you are told, even if the source claims to know the "real" truth. You have to seek the truth yourself; skeptically, rationally, scientifically, and with an open mind.

join