It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trekkies have nothing on the Ren Devoted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I read that line recently and it really is fairly true in my case.

My name is Cindi and I use the ID Glencairn. I came across ATS by accident a bit ago while looking through the results of a google search on something completely unrelated, or so I thought. I started reading based just on the snippet from the search result. Then I was hooked and decided to join. I love the discussions and intelligence that I found. Unfortunately, those are both sadly lacking in many forum settings. What a refreshing change of pace!

I am a SAHM of one and I am enjoying it while I can. My little beastly (hand to God, she tagged herself with that nick) is growing up fast and loves helping me with my crafts and hobbies around the house now that she is a "big girl" and allowed to get into my craft/work room.

Those crafts and hobbies pretty much center around my main hobby...renaissance faire. I make my own jewelry for my garb and most of the jewelry that my friends wear, too. Once in a while I'll even get motivated enough to list some of it on Ebay when I want to buy new garb. I also sew beadwork onto costumes for myself, family, and friends. I discovered that I'm not too bad at it and I love playing with different types and colors of beads.

A rennie friend of mine sent this to me. I don't know if she wrote it or just read it somewhere, but it amused me then based on how stunningly accurate it is!

Let me tell you Ren Fair has a loyal following of fans that not only attend the fair in full costumes and weaponry, they also immerse themselves in full renaissance character, including old English dialects and accents. It's more than freaky. The Trekkie's have nothing on the Ren Fair devoted.

I love music, but am particularly fond of musicals. I have always enjoyed acting in the local community summer musicals and I love singing. It, and reading, are my stress relievers.

Telling any more about me turns this post from a short novella into full length feature film size, so I'll spare you that and just say that I'm happy to have found this forum and am glad to be here!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I hope you find your stay long and pleasent

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks! I am definitely enjoying myself so far. There is so much to read and get lost in. My biggest "problem", as it were, is that I start reading, lose track of time, look at the clock, and discover that 6 hours have sped past! Ouch!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Lost time, huh? Sure it wasn't aliens?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i dunno. i can watch a trek episode and catch "mistakes" in the tech terminology.

i'm not sure if i should be ashamed or not...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
LOL! I sure hope that it wasn't aliens, if it was, I have no doubt that they would quickly become bored with my interest in the ren and torture me into oblivion!

I was just looking at the Adopt a Newbie thread and wondered if that was still an ongoing project. If it is, do I request adoption here in my thread or in the other big thread? I am definitely interested in being adopted and mentored in the finer points of this site.

Thanks very much for all of the welcomes!
Take care,
Cindi

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There is nuttin wrong with Rennies! I'm a Rennie and I know there are other re-enactors on the site. A lot of times, it goes hand-in-hand with this site's content. I know my interest in Medieval and Renaissance times relates directly with Secret Societies, World Politics, Paranormal Studies, Religeon and other sections of the site.

Lord Cuhail McMurphy, Bristol Renaissance Faire, Bristol, WI

Cuhail

PS- Welcome to ATS! Where enlightenment is scary, but we serve cookies and milk.

[edit on 10/23/2007 by Cuhail]

[edit on 10/23/2007 by Cuhail]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Very nice post Glencarin. Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us.

You sound creative and like someone who enjoys life.

Glad to have you on board. Looking forward to your future posts.

Dizzie

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

No fooling?! I'm a Bristol Rennie, too! I started out down at Buffie Stone's shop, The Queen's Giggles, and worked with Patty for a few years (down next to Billy with the wooden flutes and 2 down from Lady Jane's Sand Candles). I ended up taking a leave to move into professional patron status when I got pregnant and figured out that steelboned corsets aren't nearly as accomodating to a growing tummy as I was needing! I was the "Original Toy Girl" after being chosen over the usual boy-toys who were usually hired. Much excited to meet a fellow Bristol patron!

I have most of my ren pics on myspace, but I don't know if it is okay to link to those or not here. I'll go digging through the rules and threads and see if I can figure that out.

I swear, I'm gonna knock off all the babbling...really! I can't wait to get to know more people and make friends here.

Huzzah and take care,
Cindi
Edited because punctuation is NOT my friend today it seems.

[edit on 23/10/2007 by Glencairn]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow, I spend all my Bristol Time hanging out on the other side of the Midsummer Stage from you at Potter's Market! Hilarious! I haven't worked there in 5 or 6 years, but before that I worked Oh Susanna's Leather, Rainbow Rocks and Shells of the Realm for a 12 year span or so. They're all gone now.
Now I just hang with Chris and Mom, Al and all the musicians who stop by. Good times!

Have fun here, drop a U2U to me if ya need advice, and again, Welcome to ATS, Lass!

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Welcome Glencairn! Great to have you on board with us, and that was a fascinating introduction, to say the least. Sounds like a lot of fun, and has someone else said, that you obviously love life!

If you are wishing to be adopted, this link will take you to the adoption thread. Feel free to post a reply there, and I am sure you will be adopted in no time!

As far as linking your MySpace account, that thread can be found here

Best wishes to you, and I'll be looking forward to seein ya on the boards!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh! Thanks for the links. I went and added my myspace page to that thread and now I'm going to go jump in on the adopt a newbie thread. I appreciate the help!

Cuhail: I know exactly where you are talking about. I have no doubt that we have probably crossed paths at one point or another both hanging out in the same areas. I think that I'm probably far more amused by all of this than is likely healthy, but really excited to meet a fellow Bristol rennie. One of these days we'll have to see who we share in common as friends!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Glencairn.

I see you have already found a friend here. And a good one I might add.

You have a u2u waiting for you.Look on the tool bar at the top of the page, you'll see a red/pink button that says u2u. Click it.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Huzzah! I got some mail! Thanks. Thank you for the helpful links and willingness to point me in the right direction, even more. It is very appreciated and I am grateful for all of the wonderful advice and help that has been offered to me.

All of your welcomes are so nice, and definitely make me feel less alone while starting out here and stumbling around blindly. Okay, admittedly, I'll probably still do that, just because I'm clumsy that way, but maybe this way I can avoid a few of those embarrasing "falling up the stairs" episodes that seem to be frequent incidents in my life!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hey here's a picture every Bristol Rennie should have. My buddy Gunner and I drove out one fine day in January and he snapped this picture.

Slainte!
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thank you!! That is aweswome. Definitely a pic a Bristol rennie should have! Gunner? Gunner Ale Wolf from the Pig N Whistle Yahoo group who ended up moving a bit ago? Or is that being too nosy?

Thanks again! I love pics of Bristol in the off season.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yes, Gunner Alewulf, from the Pig. Gunner's my clanmate and best friend for 16 years now.

and 2003

Gunner is on the right in both pix, I am on the left.
And I'm in the Pig Yahoo group all the time as well as the Renspace Pig group too. I'm Cuhail there too.
And yes, he moved about a year and a half ago to Arkansas. He had to move, I kicked him out of my basement!

Glad ya enjoyed the picture,
Cuhail

[edit on 10/24/2007 by Cuhail]

[edit on 10/24/2007 by Cuhail]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Those are great pics! You are both handsome gents. I know I loved all the pics that Gunner used to post on the Pig Y group. I haven't had a chance to sit and read it recently, so I don't know what anyone else is up to, but wow! Talk about a small world! I'll have to go read and see what everyone else is doing now. I don't know if I ever posted to the group because I didn't know anyone else on it, but they always had beautiful pics and interesting posts.

I am so pleased to meet you...here of all places instead of up at faire since we were neighbors there.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

I founded you! Thanks so much for inviting me! Hugs and love to you!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiesty

Yay! I'm glad that you made it. Having been here as a member for a bit now (as opposed to being a lurker, which is what I was for a looooong time before joining), this place is fantastic. And even more addicting than MM...though I never said that...my soul won't get returned after the Thursday hand off if that makes it's way back!

Everyone here has been wonderful and I have had a lot of fun reading and learning new things here at ATS.

Take care,
Cindi

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join