It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No laughing in Germany please!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
A German has been ordered to stop laughing out loud in the woods after joggers complained he was disturbing the peace.

Accountant Joachim Bahrenfeld, 54, from Datteln said he goes to the woods after work and at weekends to have a good belly laugh.

"It's part of living for me, like eating, drinking and breathing. I feel much better when I laugh, it's freeing and healthy," he said.

But he now faces a £4,000 fine or six months jail if he laughs out loud again after a jogger successfully took him to court saying he was disturbing the peace.
----------------------

How mad is the world now?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I've always thought of the German people as being very serious. Even when you listen to their language it sounds harsh. But this is just silly.....

Maybe they all need a good belly laugh to get that stick out of their collective butts.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Man that sounds.. dare I say it Fascist?
But seriously, how can laughing in the woods be disturbing the peace, its in the freaking woods!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsujin420
Man that sounds.. dare I say it Fascist?
But seriously, how can laughing in the woods be disturbing the peace, its in the freaking woods!

Another perfect example of stupidity. If someone asks an American 'what do you think of when you hear Islam' he'll say terrorism. If you ask the same American what do you think of when you hear Germany? He'll say: 'facism, Hitler, Nazism' etc.

Perhaps you should travel to Germany and see how the people really are. Remember this ignorant American who suid a dry cleaner for $65 million for a pair of missing pants?

You have these people everywhere, not just in Germany. I've lived in Germany for over a year and found the people very kind and nice. We had some good laughs together when grilling and drinking beer.

Last, you might have meant it as a joke, but this American sense of humor is getting a bit annoying.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i hope this guy will go on to sue the jogger for spoiling his view. it makes just as much sense so surely he would win his case.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I'm sorry, but I think I started that.
The world does have a view of the German people that is probably not warranted.

One thing I've found in the time I've spent on ATS is how many things people from all over the world have in common. I've had pre-conceived notions of several members because of geography, only to be proven wrong later.
Just being here has helped me overcome previously held views of racism and intolerance that I didn't even realize I had.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
On the plus side, Germans are still allowed to curse at their toilets.

top topics

join