It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich sees UFO, new book claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
blog.cleveland.com...

"had a close sighting over my home in Graham, Washington, when I lived there. Dennis found his encounter extremely moving. The smell of roses drew him out to my balcony where, when he looked up, he saw a gigantic triangular craft, silent, and observing him. It hovered, soundless, for ten minutes or so, and sped away with a speed he couldn't comprehend. He said he felt a connection in his heart and heard directions in his mind."

This is interesting, because if he were elected president he would probably want to disclose the UFO truth to the public after such an encounter. Has anyone had a chance to read his book?

I wonder if he believes these craft are of terrestrial or extraterrestrial origin.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Here I quote from Steven Greer's latest book "Hidden Truth, Forbidden Knowledge", page 201:

Congressman Kucinich, who is head of the progressive caucus in the Congress, invited us to his office for a sit-down briefing. There were nine of us who arrived immediately after the Disclosure Project National Press Club event. He sat with all of us and asked each witness to share a very short vignette of what they knew about the UFO matter.
After everyone had shared, he turned to me and looked me in the eyes and said, "I have to tell you that in all my years in Congress, I have never felt an energy and spirit like I have today when you all walked through these doors." Then he said, "The fact that you are here tells me that time is short." He was the most perceptive government leader I have ever met - and certainly the most enlightened.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have always agreed with most of what Kucinich says and he really seems like a decent person so I hope he is part of the solution and not the problem. I honestly think he would make a good president as well and he sorta reminds me of Carter with the UFO sighting and all lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Another man with an extrodinary claim. What does he have to gain from this? Seriously why would a man of this stature(running for president) come out with a story like this if it is not true? It baffles me that more and more "credible" people are coming foward with sightings, yet it is still ridiculed and debunked as terrestial, balloons or attention whores. We are being observed by other intelligent species IMO, granted there is no solid evidence whatsoever however one only has to look at the credentials of some of the wittnesses who have come forward the past 50 years. I don't think all these old men on their deathbeds are out to sell books, and ruin their reputations.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The quote is by Shirley MacLaine, the actress who wrote "Out on a Limb," then made a movie about it, where her quest for enlightenment led her to Peru, as well as numerous bedrooms. Her new book is "Sage-ing while Age-ing" where she continues her lifelong quest amongst pretty much any New Age belief you care to imagine, from astrology to Ramtha. She's the person Dean Martin said "doesn't have all her oars in the water." Graham, Washington is right next to Yelm, which is where Ramtha, the 30,000 year old warrior who ascended just like Jesus, hangs out on J.Z. Knight's farm. MacLaine keeps a house there just so she can be close to Ramtha. Both small towns are at the foot of Mr. Rainier, where Kenneth Arnold first saw flying saucers.

Kucinich was the 31 year old mayor of Cleveland in the seventies and has been deemed among the "ten worst big-city mayors of all time for reasons of temperament and performance" in the book, "Best and Worst of the Big-City Leaders 1820–1993." The city went bankrupt under his rule. That Greer mentions him and quotes him brings up the question: Who is exploiting whom?

Fortunately, Kucinich has no chance to become President. It's not going to happen. Count your blessings. One could speculate if he did get the nomination what the bumper stickers would say: Mothra for Veep.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just some more info. Here's how this story is playing:

You know, I kind of like Dennis Kucinich -- his heart is in the right place -- but his nutty friends kind of ruin things for his presidential bid.

Case in point: Kucinich's hometown paper, The Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports that his pal Shirley MacLaine (you already know where this is going) wrote in her latest book that ...

...(Cleveland quote removed because it is already listed above)...

To me, this is no less nutty than some of the descriptions I've heard of people having a big religious experience or halo-infused spiritual awakening. To middle America, though, a UFO encounter will just be too much. Not that Kucinich ever had a prayer anyway.

Source is here.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Fortunately, Kucinich has no chance to become President. It's not going to happen. Count your blessings. One could speculate if he did get the nomination what the bumper stickers would say: Mothra for Veep.

I'm not sure where you stand on this. Do you believe he is lying?

I know he has no chance of being president, but it's still interesting regardless.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by GeeGee]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
I'm not sure where you stand on this. Do you believe he is lying?

No, I don't think he is lying. And I think it is interesting as well. I wonder if he will say anything at all about this since it came out in his home town newspaper. It might be instructive to watch his web site and see how he handles it. I suppose it depends on how widely dispersed this story goes. My last quote was from the Seattle Post Intelligencer which, frankly, I wouldn't have expected to come out with anything.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'd like to see him run on that ticket. His skinny liberal frame isn't going to get any conservative votes and he's not going to topple Hilary or Obama... Why not run on the disclosure ticket?

Ok so Carter got stonewalled by Bush Sr. but why not try again?

I honestly think he would make a good president as well and he sorta reminds me of Carter with the UFO sighting and all lol.

Oh well reagan saw a UFO too. What makes Kucinich like Carter?

Kucinich was the 31 year old mayor of Cleveland in the seventies and has been deemed among the "ten worst big-city mayors of all time for reasons of temperament and performance" in the book, "Best and Worst of the Big-City Leaders 1820–1993." The city went bankrupt under his rule.

You mean this book? I haven't read it but I noticed it got one reader review and it's negative.

While Kucinich certainly has his weaknesses, I wouldn't hold him totally responsible for Cleveland's decline. In fact, that city's decline is exactly why many cities in that general region of the country have declined.... As the US of A has evolved, we have shipped those manufacturing jobs overseas. Manufacturing was Cleveland's original strength.

new topics

top topics

join