It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating, Zero Point... things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
so you know if u apply buncha electricity to tin foil and balsam wood.. it "floats" or w/e

but to do that with something more substantial would be too hard.. cant create that amount of energy.. utter lack of research in the field leaves it to tin foil and lil wood rods..

add ZP to these.. "gravity defying" things; with massive power-creating capabilities..
..uld result in some cool... stuff.. (not sure if u can "cuss" on ATS.. dont see it much.. )

any thoughts? on the floating craft utilizing ZP energy.. not on cussing.

-G

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GlahES

Have you studied element 115. in the past it was just folk lore from bob lazar. until recently that is, some of it has been made by fusion reactors at universities. the problem is that it must be made very slow or it hits its half life unnaturally in milliseconds. It can be found on some of the new versions of the spiral periodic table. and it is the Diamond of nitrogen. so it has high atomic weight, is very stable in natural form, takes about as long as diamonds to form and isn't known to be found naturally on earth. Imagine a magnet.. with sub atomic particles zipping through its poles.. but with an atomic weight higher than your standard nuclear materials. with the higher atomic weight neutrinos love it! If it could be found naturally it would be the future of nuclear power and gravity would become a play toy!

XL5

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The amount of ionic wind made depends on voltage and very little on amps. The craft would need to be HUGE to lift someone even if the power supply was only one pound. I think theres a missing 'piece" in the lifter tech that keeps it from being much better.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

What?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XL5

logical and relevant.. and i completely agree. thanks for the reply.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlahES
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

"add ZP to these.. "gravity defying" things; with massive power-creating capabilities.. "
What?

The question posed refers to zero point energy...duh. If you look up the actual references it is quite on topic. where as your inappropriate response has "zero-point" to it. one word posts are a no-no. contribute to the topic or stay off.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by DIRTMASTER]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

so you know if u apply buncha electricity to tin foil and balsam wood.. it "floats" or w/e

but to do that with something more substantial would be too hard.. cant create that amount of energy.. utter lack of research in the field leaves it to tin foil and lil wood rods..

add ZP to these.. "gravity defying" things; with massive power-creating capabilities..
..uld result in some cool... stuff.. (not sure if u can "cuss" on ATS.. dont see it much.. )

any thoughts? on the floating craft utilizing ZP energy.. not on cussing.

-G

www.calphysics.org...

Zero point is supposed to produce massive amounts of energy. It is the mother of all nuclear. just because something floats doesn't mean thats its zero point. applying a buncha electricity from what? you would need something nuclear; reactor, plasma reactor anything. so long as your using an external power source.. it can't be a true defined zero point energy source.

"Zero-point energy is the energy that remains when all other energy is removed from a system."-cal physics

your system would be flooded with fission preventing zero.. zero plus ten trillion electrons equals ten trillion. not zero.

element 115 however..www.universityofcalifornia.edu...
is considered a stale nuclear element and is the best hope of accessing zero with anything on the periodic table.

you might need a bigger budget!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
sorry for the one word responce..

but in responce to:
"Zero point is supposed to produce massive amounts of energy. It is the mother of all nuclear. just because something floats doesn't mean thats its zero point. "

you must have misunderstood my words.

ill break it down.. floating things need alot of energy to float..
and as you have said ZP is supposed to produce massive amounts of energy..

i hope you see what im saying..

-G

[edit on 23-10-2007 by GlahES]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Roger Dodger...
I must ask.. why is balsam wood the one of choice? is it a moisture thing or just a target weight? I might like to take a crack at something like it.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by DIRTMASTER]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
im not sure.. might be because the weight is less?
I've never built one.

basically make a pattern with wood and tin foil and wire.. and add an electrical source.. and a volt amplifier or something like that.... and then bam u get a floating thing.

I know.. Im so scientific and precise in my explanation..

I did a very quick search for some sites to link but came up with nothing.
sorry.

-G

[edit on 24-10-2007 by GlahES]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GlahES

I've been experimenting with Lifter's for quite a few years now. I have alot of fun with it, For those of you that don't know what a lifter is, here is some information .

Instruction's to build a lifter
Power supply and how to wire a lifter

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
oh.. er.. thanx.. and stuff.. i searched for floaters and not lifters.. honest mistake.

-G

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
What I don't understand is where is the "zero point" aspect of lifters?
I've built them and yes they are interesting, t. townsend browns work with electrostatic propulsion is even more interesting however. And can be added to enhance flyabillity and or performance of existing aircraft.
(Not gonna say anything about the b2 or f-117 except this ... look up the t. townsend brown static generating turbine patent and their propulsion explanation makes sense lol)

As to whether lifters work in a vacuum I can't say I've ever tried that exactly, but they do interact with the environment in ways that are very interesting. But not zero point that I've seen.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'll reitterate..

you must have misunderstood my words.

ill break it down.. floating things need alot of energy to float..
and as you have said ZP is supposed to produce massive amounts of energy..

[edit on 23-10-2007 by GlahES]

Im not saying floaters have any ZP aspect. I'm saying floaters could be more feasible for manned craft if it has a ZP power source.

-G

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The problem is Zero Point is not an energy source. By its very definition, Zero Point is the lowest energy state possible in a system. You can’t get anything more out of it.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NRen2k5

just... wow..

-G

new topics

top topics

join