It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it sometimes, when I awake from sleeping, I can not seriosly move for a while?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sometimes when I sleep, and wake up, my mind is awake, but my body will not move, like I am seriously paralyzed for a few minutes. I have to make the feeling that I am trying to move my body for a while for me to actually start moving. It's crazy. It doesn't happen alot, but has happened every now and then.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Here we go
look up sleep paralysis on here loads of people get it. Do you have visions with it? or just blackness? do you feel a presence in the room? do you get a buzzing in your head and ears?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sorry re phrasing that also..

You say you 'wake up' and cant move.. tho have you ever noticed if you wake up.... (but are really still dreaming and cant move ) then wake up properly and can move?

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
No, I am mentally aware that I am awake but just can't move. Its pitch black because my eyes are closed lol. But it was after I was through dreaming.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You never know they may get weirder or not. Its still SP but not same as Im thinking without the extra effects. Your eyes still closed... so.. can you breathe? usually I find myself rocking myself to get awake but I cant breathe either, scares the life out me.. dont really get it anymore.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have had one where I couldn't breathe, but only once, last time was about a week ago, I actually wasn't paying attention this time, I just tried to make myself move.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yeah well there you go, so how long have you had this? its usually easy to remember if you had any freaky visuals or audibles with it so I doubt you havnt noticed something.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There is actually some medication you can get now for sleep paralysis I forget the name, I saw it on the web the other day. If its getting on your nerves go see your Dr?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It rarely happens however. Like once ever 6 months.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've had it once, during the middle of the night i woke up and decided i needed to go drain the dragon - however i noticed that my body was being a tad unresponsive.

Regardless, i stumbled out of bed, used the wall as a support, and did my business.

At no point during this exercise did i lose the feeling of paralysis, and yet i could still move.

It is because of this that i believe that the paralysis that you feel is inside your mind - it is not physical, and as such, you can move despite the 'feeling' of paralysis.

Then again, perhaps my condition could be similar to extreme exhaustion (although there is no particular reason to be exhausted).

in conclusion; i refused to go back to bed until i had 'drained the dragon'.

It was incredibly mentally stressful, i know that much.

new topics

top topics

join