It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frontline/PBS: 'Showdown With Iran'...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
www.pbs.org...

As Iraq descends into chaos and civil war, FRONTLINE examines the rise of its neighbor -- Iran -- as one of America's greatest threats and most puzzling foreign policy challenges. Through interviews with key players on both sides, FRONTLINE traces the tumultuous history of U.S.-Iran relations since 9/11 -- from unprecedented early cooperation in Afghanistan, to the growing crisis over Iran's nuclear ambitions and Tehran's open threats to drive America out of the Middle East.

Also, here is a press release about the show. I am under the impression that PBS is a good broadcasting company (possibly with little to no biasness), am I wrong about this? If this is true, then this should be a great show
. Please allow this thread to remain here in this forum, even though it is about a television show. I hope that ATSers (including myself) can learn the truth about this whole situation.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thank you for the heads up, Tomorrow at 9 PM for Los Angelenos.....My TIVO is set

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Already got the email but thanks for the reminder!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
No problem, fellow ATSers
. As soon as I first seen the advertisement for this (on ATS), I knew that this would be a great show. Hopefully, I am not wrong
. I have faith in PBS.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
PBS is indeed a great broadasting company. However, I'm not sure about it not having a bias. If anything I would say it leans to the left. Just the other night I watched a Frontline episode called "Cheney's Law". That particular special definitely did not show Cheney, Bush, Ashcroft, Gonzales, or anyone in the Bush Administration in a very good light at all. One might argue however that it was simply good journalism, as they were simply presenting factual information about things these people had done proir to and after 9/11.

I would definitely recommend everyone to see the Frontline episode "Cheney's Law" if you haven't already.

Thanks for the heads up about this upcomming special. I wasn't aware of it, but I am looking foward to it now.

[edit on 2007/10/22 by evilod]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I belive PBS (KCET in LA) is a member supported public TV channel, meaning anybody who forks over cash, I guess have a say so

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Pbs is the only reason I still own a television. This should be quite interesting indeed.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that you all might enjoy this. Let's hope it lives up to how it's being presented.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Bump. I have my DVR set

[edit on 23-10-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, I definitely enjoyed the show. It had a lot of in depth analysis of how our relations with Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and most of the Middle East got to where they stand today. Overall, however, all I can really say is that it is so complicated. It is clear that there is so much that happens that we never even hear about.

It really makes you stop and think, too, how after 9/11, for the first time, Iran actually supported us when we made strikes on Afghanistan. Yet, two shakes later, we turn around and label them as part of the "Axis of Evil". Why is that? We were at a point where we could have begun building good relations, and we threw it all out because we wanted to do it our way, without seeking the blessings and council of those that our invasions would be effecting the most, the people who live there!

But I guess it's mainly just propaganda that makes it to the mainstream news, and of course we know how they chalk it all up... they're simply terrorists that hate our freedom. Anyone with half a brain would know that it's got to be a little more involved than that.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If you missed it or don't get pbs on the tube; here is the link to pbs.org and the video Showdown with Iran.

Below the red frontline banner and to the right click on - "Watch the full program online"

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilod
Overall, however, all I can really say is that it is so complicated. It is clear that there is so much that happens that we never even hear about.

Very true. This whole situation is indeed very complicated, but, I believe, if one were to seriously look into it for him/herself, then that person would learn much. Can we agree?

It really makes you stop and think, too, how after 9/11, for the first time, Iran actually supported us when we made strikes on Afghanistan. Yet, two shakes later, we turn around and label them as part of the "Axis of Evil". Why is that?

This was an interesting point. I don't have an answer for your question. The only thing I can say is that the US government must have an agenda. By labeling Iran as part of this evil axis, the US can begin to push for, among other things, war against the country. I am sure, though, that Iran isn't perfect and that they must commit acts that are against some sort of norms that we all have. I am also sure that the US commits acts that are horrible and weird, such as sponsoring that terrorist group mentioned in the documentary.

But I guess it's mainly just propaganda that makes it to the mainstream news

That is both true and sad.

Originally posted by WorldShadow
If you missed it or don't get pbs on the tube; here is the link to pbs.org and the video Showdown with Iran.

Below the red frontline banner and to the right click on - "Watch the full program online"

Thanks for that
. I just watched it on my DVR

[edit on 24-10-2007 by they see ALL]

new topics

top topics

join