It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you leave your country, if so why, and where would you go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The thread title pretty much says it all. I want all interested posters to answer this question in detail. Make the assumption that you have sufficient funds to permanently relocate anywhere in the world if you so desire.

I'll go first.

I can't see America getting back to what it was supposed to stand for. I admire this country that I live in and its people, but the political situation is beyond all redemption. As soon as I can afford it, I plan to move to Switzerland. Unlike America, Switzerland has stuck by its guns and maintained a strict policy of neutrality, refusing to get involved in other countries' problems. It has perhaps the highest standard living in the world and is committed to environmental protection. It is defended by a citizen militia. Male citizens that are of age may keep automatic weapons in their homes, but violent crime is very low.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I wouldnt leave Australia, though our government irks me too at times for being a lap dog i still love everything we have here.
I cant think of anywhere that has the year round temperatures that we have here, i abhor the cold so any where that gets snow is out of the question.
Housing is affordable for most but prices are rising. Employment has always been good. Wages are good if your willing to work hard.
Our education and Health care systems are very good compared with some of other country's.
Somewhere like Fiji would be nice if i had to make a choice, i worked there for a while but there is more corruption and strife there with their govt than we have with ours.
At least here we have the freedom to speak out and on november the 24th maybe even get rid of our puppet PM.

mojo

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Id stick it out. If the US fractures the West Coast states will be the place for me.

Any moves will have to be before things become untenable. After that, don't expect any country to welcome you with open arms unless you have some serious $$$$$

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Working on the assumption that things ever get bad enough here in the States to want to leave, I doubt there is going to be any where in the world that'll be much less bad. No...for better or for worse, here is where I'll stay, doing what I can to help, when I can...won't/can't run away to somewhere "safer", 'cause there won't be any where safer.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

IMHO, getting the cold shoulder in another country is much more preferable than to continue to have your tax $$$s fund wars of tyranny. To opt to stay seems to me to be taking a cue from the frog being boiled alive. I.E., one stays because its only gradually getting worse.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

IMHO, getting the cold shoulder in another country is much more preferable than to continue to have your tax $$$s fund wars of tyranny. To opt to stay seems to me to be taking a cue from the frog being boiled alive. I.E., one stays because its only gradually getting worse.

If you feel strongly enough about an issue in your own country to leave, i believe you should have the strength and fortitude to stay and fight to make a change in your own country.
It would be nigh on impossible to make a difference from afar.
I think i'd prefer to stay and fight for my home whether from tyranny, injustice or just poor governance and mismanagement.

mojo

top topics

join