It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accutane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Whats are the opinions on this drug? Is it really as bad as some people claim?

The reason I ask is because well ... I have a very serious problem with acne and im beginning to consider going to see a dermatologist about the possibility of being put on Accutane. I discovered the Proactiv 4 Step Plan about a year and a half ago and for that time my face was pretty close to 100% clear (especially with using the refining mask) but recently in the past month it has gotten worse then its been in years and im at my wits end.

I have tried close to every over the counter product and I have been on antibiotics twice in the past and nothing works, I have even totally given up fast food and soda for a while and even that had no affect on it.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't know if you're male or female, but here's some info.

My sister-in-law was on this after trying everything else and she was totally cleared up after about two months. So I can attest that it worked for her.

There was a restriction that she be on birth control while taking the drug, and here's the reason:

Accutane can cause severe, life-threatening birth defects if the mother takes the medication during pregnancy. Even one dose of Accutane can cause major birth defects of the baby's ears, eyes, face, skull, heart, and brain. Never use Accutane if you are pregnant.

Women of child-bearing potential must agree in writing to use two specific forms of birth control and have regular pregnancy tests before, during, and after taking Accutane. Unless you have had a total hysterectomy or have been in menopause for at least a year, you are considered to be of child-bearing potential.

www.drugs.com...

You sure don't want to damage a baby. :shk:

join