It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd activity in the air...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I live in Southwest, La. Lately, I have noticed, or at least think I have noticed, an unusual amount of air traffic in my area. Some aircrafts appear almost stationary at times, but just seems odd. I have been delivering pizzas for two and a half years and I have never noticed anything like this. Is there anyway to see if the airways above my house and home are being much more busy than they have in the past?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
if u live near an airport the aircraft may be stacking??

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What exactly is stacking?

This has been going on for the past week or so.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If you live anywhere near an airport I wouldn't find it odd to have excessive air-traffic at times. It's just how those places work with their hecktic schedules. But if you don't live near an airport.....beats me.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Lie under a grid and count how many planes you see in 5 minutes in the grid. Do it over different times.

Smoke some weed and then count the number of UFO's Orbs, Rods, and Reptilians you see as well...

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Alright, yes I do live near an airport, however it closes at 6 pm and only has traffic back and forth between Houston.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
stacking is when the airport runaway is full and the aircraft have to circle above the airport in levels, and when they get to the bottom they get to land.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Alright, that explains it. That would explain why certain aircrafts seem to have non-existent movement. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
Alright, yes I do live near an airport, however it closes at 6 pm and only has traffic back and forth between Houston.

That must be a damned small airport to close at six pm. Does it actually close, or is it just the commercial flights quit at six? An airport in Louisiana that closes at six pm would be a good place to fly drugs into.

[Edited on 1-27-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Lafayette, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
With all the wintery weather in the NE, you might be seeing alot of diverted flights which would make your local air traffic heavy as well. Just a thought.

On the idea of your local airport closing at 6pm, that brought to mind a show I used to watch out of Canada called the Red Green Show. They poked fun of Canada as only they can. Once it was stated that the Canadian air force should be called to which the lead character responded; "Nah, it's after 5, he's already gone home for day."

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Nah Val, I'm in Lake Charles.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
OXmanK,
nic sig

wearing my Local H beanie right now

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ahh, see the problem here is you are in Lousiana, where they do everything backward from the rest of the planet. I've been stationed there awhile at ft. polk, and am currently in Iraq, and i have noticed that Lousiana shares alot in common with Baghdad; both do things the hard, and or retarded way. So there is really no telling whats going on. My solution to the problem would be to move to another, more devolped state.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think you may have only seen that one area. (s)Leesville is by far one of the $hittiest towns in this Republic. It is at least sin capital in Louisiana with New Orleans running a very distant second. And the reason for it to be that way is the military, but that's a completely different subject.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
yeah leesville is quite the crap hole, thus my nice attitude toward LA. however i doubt the military has much to do with it. A large majority of all the birds are here in Iraq. I'm part of 2 ACR and 4/2 has ALL of their birds here. so... probably not military. i could be wrong though.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
oh, I thought you meant the aircraft activity being military. Ahh yes leesville is how it is because of the military. However, it probably wouldn't even be there if it weren't for the military either.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The town itself probably wouldn't have started without the military, but you have to think why the town is so crappy. It is a town that was geared toward the military. Titty bars, a nice amount of bars for town so small, and an abnormal amount of prostitutes in that area. I'm not saying that all military people procure the services of a local call girl, but a good deal do.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
oh yeah your right man they do. and the military is definatly the reason it is why it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have been thinking about it more. There is no way there could be stacking at 8 or 9 pm at night. The airport truly does close at 6. The only type of planes that land here at that time are private and I don't think there is enough millionaires in my area to cause stacking three times in the past week.......

....Maybe I'm just an idiot...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join