It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone into boats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i have been thinking about getting a boat.
i really don't know the first thing about them...i live damn near on lake erie so storage/docking really won't be a problem. there are docks all over the place.

we used to ride motorcycles but with my back, i can't really do it anymore...thats why i have been thinking about a boat...kinda still 'in the wind' but i can have back support and such.

dock at the public joint. they winterize it and all that for ya...

looking for input from anyone that has a boat, wants a boat, likes boats..

i saw one for sale for about 5 grand a couple days ago....

it was a cabin cruiser like this
www.no.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Boats are alot of fun. They are also a big hole in the water you pour money into.

What size and what year is the motor ? What length and year is the boat? Be sure you check the hull and the stability of the transom. Also remember the motor may run good and sound fine while you are on the hill. Always try out the boat in the water befire you buy it. If you don't have the proper compression in the motor you will never get away from the dock.

The boat you are looking at is a good starter boat as it is easy to operate and play/fish with.

I had a 1979 Superior Proformance 17 ft. ski boat with a 1979 115 Johnson motor. I ran the heck out of it fort 25 years. Ended up giving it away as it was used when I got it and I finished it off.

Been boatless for 5 years untill this year. I purchased a 24 ft. pontoon boat with a 90 hp Mercury. Came with a canvas top that covered the back third of the boat. Had another one made that connects to the back one so it covers the entire boat.

The first boat fit my young, wild personality. It would run like a scalded monkey. The one I got this year fits my older, slower more comfort loving self.

Just please be careful. The water is unforgiving if not treated with respect.

Happy boating,
Dizzie

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You asked for input....I gave you good, solid input.

I asked questions. You did not answer back nor acknowledge my post.

My two favorite passions are boats and Harley Davidsons. I drive both like I stole them.

There is nothing like experience when it comes to boats and bikes.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
relax man....i don't live in this forum..

thanks for the input but i don't know any of that yet.
i just started mulling it over.

i drove by this thing and just started tossing it around.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Get something with a motor or you become a...

WAFI

Wind Assisted (sexually realated experience) Idiot.

That's about all I can tell you.

And however good you swim. Wear a life jacket all the damm time!!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I love boats man, I just don't have the change to own one like I'd like to have. I really feel like a larger boat is something about ten people should own just because they arent going to get used that much. Its like everything else you get new, for the first year or two you take it out ever spare minute you can and then the glory starts to fade out a little. I haven't been boating in several seasons now. :sigh:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Dude - that is sooooooooo unfair.

For that sin I'm gonna link a pic of my baby.

A Feeling 39 yacht.

i188.photobucket.com...

Trust me sail is the way to go.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Been around boats my whole life, bass boats, Big ski boats, deep v river boats, for the Missouri and Mississippi, and pontoon party barges [hic]. I have every intent when I retire to live on a pontoon house boat with a jacuzzi hot tub, and a stocked bar in the Missouri Ozarks, with a fish and ski for fun.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Dude - that is sooooooooo unfair.

For that sin I'm gonna link a pic of my baby.

A Feeling 39 yacht.

i188.photobucket.com...

Trust me sail is the way to go.

Thats a nice boat you got there cap'm, I have always wanted to sail but have yet to get the oportunity. Which is better ocean sailing or big lake?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well I'd like to offer advice, but the boat you are looking to buy is very different to the boat I live on.

Hermione is a 58ft Narrowboat and have to admit to knowing nothing about boats prior to buying her, you learn very quickly and those neighbours around you are always willing to assist.

Good luck in your endeavour to find your boat, choose wisely, think how often you will be using it and how you will be using it.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Boondock I stay relaxed since I retired in January.

I thought you may not have taken me seriously because I am a woman. But you referred to me as a man so all is well.

I am 100 per cent female but I love boats, fast cars, and motorcycles. I also enjoy working on my own toys which include a fast truck, slow boat and really fast Fat Boy HD motorcycle.

The most fun I had lately was riding a 4 wheeler in the mountains.

Have fun,
Dizzie

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
it entirely depends upon the mood.

Big lake is fun because because you don't have to mess about thinking about tides and that. You just go. But at the same time, island hopping is a great way to spend a few weeks, which is why I'm off to Greece this summer. :-) yay

join