It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists a step closer to steering hurricanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk

Scientists have made a breakthrough in man's desire to control the forces of nature – unveiling plans to weaken hurricanes and steer them off course, to prevent tragedies such as Hurricane Katrina.

"If they're done in the right place at the right time they can affect the strength of the hurricane," Mr Alamaro said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Using Katrina to show what would like to be avoided... wouldn't it be safe to say the opposite of this technology? Could they actually strengthen, and steer a hurricane where they wanted as well?

Wow, think of the possibilities.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Wow.. Bump.. this thread failed.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

www.telegraph.co.uk

"If they're done in the right place at the right time they can affect the strength of the hurricane," Mr Alamaro said.

To me this is a very telling statement regarding the 'weaponization' of weather. If done in the 'right' place, at the 'right' time, I am sure that in addition to decresing the strength of a Hurricane, similar technique could be used to INCREASE the strength.

I can't remember where I saw it, but some website had Radar Images of Katrina, and some of the other Hurricanes of that season, and there were strange, geometric anomalies in them that preceded the path of the storms. The author of that website was of the opinion that Katrina was 'steered' directly at New Orleans.

And if I remember correctly, Congress approved the legality of Weather Modification less than a week before Hurricane Katrina.

DocMoreau

P.S. I will try to track them down, but if anyone knows what I am speaking about, feel free to share the links...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

www.telegraph.co.uk

To me this is a very telling statement regarding the 'weaponization' of weather. If done in the 'right' place, at the 'right' time, I am sure that in addition to decresing the strength of a Hurricane, similar technique could be used to INCREASE the strength.

I can't remember where I saw it, but some website had Radar Images of Katrina, and some of the other Hurricanes of that season, and there were strange, geometric anomalies in them that preceded the path of the storms. The author of that website was of the opinion that Katrina was 'steered' directly at New Orleans.

And if I remember correctly, Congress approved the legality of Weather Modification less than a week before Hurricane Katrina.

DocMoreau

P.S. I will try to track them down, but if anyone knows what I am speaking about, feel free to share the links...

top topics

join