It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The West Is On Fire!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Where is Ahnold? Why aren't battalions being summoned from all adjacent states? Why can't we as a great nation tamp down what is a national emergency/soon to be disaster? The Katrina by flame. If we can't handle this effectively how are we to handle 'other' things?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Winds have been clocked in excess of 110MPH at times. I assume this is near the fires and the attendant updraft created by the enormous heat.
That is hurricane force.

Stay safe. Pray for rain...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Where is Ahnold? Why aren't battalions being summoned from all adjacent states? Why can't we as a great nation tamp down what is a national emergency/soon to be disaster? The Katrina by flame. If we can't handle this effectively how are we to handle 'other' things?

Arnold have already declared emergency, and the national guard is busy fighting iraq, and securing our borders

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
xxblackoctoberxx best of luck with everything...remember it is your safety and the safety of others that counts...in the event that the fire does come into your area, material positions are nothing of importance

- but i would advise that you pack up passports and documents, anything important and head for the hills or the closest source of water.

How did these fires start does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is another forum where people are updating on the fires:
Wildfires 2007

Poway

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
For you that does not live here.....

www.malibucastlekashan.com...

This place went down in the fire. The lady in question living there, hosting a multitude of influential people, including presidents, was an avid collector. Many priceless items, like Elvis Presley memorabilia etc....went up in flames......I always loved just checking this place out, driving down PCH......Very castle-ish / Disneyland!

Very famous Malibu landmark to the locals

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well I live in santee which is in the east county of San Diego. You can see the fires from here. Its absoultely crazy. Its worse then the cedar fires of 03 i think it was. Smoke everywhere. One of the two high schools by where I live is being used as an evacuation center. All the schools are closed down. Its started yesterday but I didnt here about it till this morning trying to go to work. Listening to dave shelly and chainsaw and a guy called in saying anyone going to work up the 15 should turn around now. I guess the fire jumped the freeway this morning and they said it was chaos. The guy said there were horses on the freeway running wild. I seen the breaklights ahead turned around. I probably wont go to work till next week. I work in temecula and there is absoultely no way to get there. I was gonna drive around through the deserts and go in the back way but all the roads are closed down being used for evacuation and emergency purposes.
Last I heard this morning, really havent followed the news, over 21,000 people without electricty and over half a dozen fires. That was this morning. Winds being at 60 mph fires are 0 percent controlled. Guess alot of cell phone towers went out. They have been saying dont use your cell phones unless you have to. All day service has been horrible. I know alot of people who live in these areas, my sisters boyfriend lives in descanso they got eveactuated hes staying here. Its just crazy right now, I mean its all over TV and the radio. Ill give more info if you guys want, but I havent really kept up on the current news. But so far like I said 0 percent of the fire has been contained.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

From what I have heard some of the fires were caused by power lines being knocked down from the wind. I know at least one of the big fires was caused by kids on prupose. They were already arrested. I know that officials have pretty much knew this was gonna happen. Maybe not to this extent but I was told they were getting tanks full of fire retardent prepared a few days in advance. They have been saying condtions were perfect for wildfires and they were right. Anyways yea, Powerlines and arson.

edit to add: the blame game hasnt started yet, so in time Im sure they will point their fingers but right now nothing has been contained and officals are busy trying to keep everything under controll.

Also, I remember in the cedar fires, there were a bunch of storys of criminals stealing from evactuated houses. Some hopuses were stolen from that werent even burned down. Can you imagine? Right now with everyone busy helping out and fighting the fires, Homes are vulnerable to theives. I can just picture stories coming about pharmacies being robbed by drug addicts and stores being looted. Its really a sad thing.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by JohnDoe43]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This link is to a map of the fires. I'm not sure how often they update.
Link to Fire Map

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steff
and the national guard is busy fighting iraq

Of course they are.

Lovely government we have

Poway, where the OP lives, the weather forecast doesn't look good:

Tuesday: Sunny - High: 89 (32 C)
Wednesday: Sunny - High: 89 (32 C)
Thursday: Sunny - High: 86 (30 C)
Friday: Sunny - High: 79 (26 C)
Saturday: Partly Cloudy - High: 74 (23 C)

(converted to Celcius for those of you outside the US)

High Wind Warning in effect right now. Winds will be 10-20 mph or more for at least the next 36 hours. Not good at all.

Saturday seems like the best time to get this under control. Sun won't be as strong and temperatures will be down.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm 50 miles out and it's hot, dry, ashy, smoky here I cant imagine how it is closer to these fires, best of luck to everyone who is in the line of the fire. Come on get these things contained! Gl too everyone

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Wow, i have been hearing about this for the past couple days, and it sounds bad, this has to be one of the worst fire seasons on record for California... Just a couple months ago the Zaca Fire burned for over 3 months...

The radio has been saying that the fire crews from Sacramento have been sent down south to help. It seems the fires are treating many homes... very tragic.

I hope that all houses are spared, and no life is lost.

The people of Southern California are in my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Where's all the religious nuts blaming the fires on the godless heathens of SoCal?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

You do the best you can and keep you and yours safe mate...We suffer big bushfires here in south east australia most summers so I can only imagine what you are going thru...

We're luck that in the west the weather is too balmy at the moment. It's the mental retards who light them deliberately in Australia that really get my WTF gland pumping...

Gah..

As Rilence says xxblackoctoberxx, just keep safe mate..

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I've been following this for the last few days and I'm wondering how close the fires are to the city of San Diego. Any danger to the city itself? I certainly hope not, it's one of the nicest places I've ever been!

Stay safe everyone out there.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
Where's all the religious nuts blaming the fires on the godless heathens of SoCal?

We haven't seen them yet, but, in their place we have the rabid Bush-haters who are somehow finding a way to blame these fires on the war in Iraq.

Even in times of emergency, some people can't put aside their political partisanship and come together.

That may be more disturbing to me than the fires themselves….

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Does anyone else get the feeling that these are deliberately set?

On the infra-red loop, I noticed one fire in Mexico, and a bunch in So Cal.

It's it's not like it's one fire, but a bunch.

A thought jumped into my mind.

What if the Mexican Mafia (MS13) set these fires knowing the evacuations would take place, so they could go into peoples home to loot them?

Again, just a thought. I have no evidence.

Good luck out there XX

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thankyou Mods for putting this as the header! I was shocked to not be able to find a single word about the fires when I logged on eairlier. Amazing situation and I am so sorry and for my fellow californians and this most tragic of catastrophies. I will be back!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia

It's the end of the world I tell you!

JUST LIKE New Orleans ... an evil decadent city that God crushed under waves, Los Angeles and Malibu and these decadent, rich areas .. are burning away by God!

This is nothing to joke about but, you asked for it.

(this post is sarcasm i do not mean it)

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow, this is really scary! Ive been watching it on the news, and the winds are supposed to be bad today, also! News just said 700 buildings destroyed so far! Praying for your safety, and I hope that it all goes well for you and your family! Be safe!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join