It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA chief: Iran would need 3-8 years to produce bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

IAEA chief: Iran would need 3-8 years to produce bomb

www.reuters.com

Iran would need three to eight years to produce a nuclear bomb, the head of the U.N.'s nuclear watchdog said in an interview published on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Iran is not a threat to the world. Turn off Fox News and stop listening to "US officials" who lie to you constantly.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
well, that 3-8 year window is not as reassuring as it might seem.

by that I mean, the recent Israeli bombing of that Syrian site- -
(assumed to be a nuclear processing facility)
was still under constuction, according to the Israeli & U.S. intelligence
analysts, and would not be completed for 4 more years (2011)

andd then it would have taken 2 more years for the Syrian model of
a N Korean 'breeder reactor'? to be producing usable fissionable material
for use in WMDs.

So, if Israel already attacked a site which was 6 years from being
on-line.......there's ample concern that the USA, with or without Israel or NATO, would be willing to attack a bomb making infrastructure which is 8 years from being on-line.
Especially with Cheney stressing that Iran will not be allowed nuclear capability
and Pres. Bush stating that Iran going nuclear will definitely lead to WWIII

woo-woos, right before halloween, & all souls day, eh

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Nice find Copernicus -- only thing w/ this story is looka what happened in Iraq pre-war. Same exact headline from what I remember -- they were years away from the bomb.... didn't seem to matter w/ American hate of mid east then post S11, people looked the other way while Congress and most of these prez candidates voted to attack. War cannot be declared by anyone but Congress. He's gotta exact an executive order otherwise, which, I think, we'd all know about.

This time there isn't anything terror to hide behind and Russia, India and China don't seem to want to let it happen anymore, not in Iran.

With a dire economic situation on America's and most of the developed world's hands -- I really can't see any attack imminent -- I wish alt news sources, even like this, although I know a lot of pro-war heads on here, judging by some posts, would stop reporting/reminding people of this brutal, glorified taste of killing machine war -- enough is enough -- how about healing battered countries and working on "democracy" which was the initial lie.

Now, their friends (Bubbles Greenspin, ex-generals) are saying this is over oil and as peak approaching, looks like every country is out for themselves. Which is how it should be.

This could be a good time for peace settlements throughout the world, so countries can share the rest of the oil instead of American greed, look at the Iraq Quagmire -- 465$ BILLION to date.

U.S. deficit = 9 TRILLION!

[edit on 22-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

I agree, its very much like the Iraq lies all over again. Im so sick and tired of seeing the US government continue to get away with it. Here is just one video of many showing how CIA creates conflicts around the world and how the Project for a New American Century is progressing...

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Copernicus]

new topics

top topics

join