It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims & America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

In my humble opinion the whole "TERROR" situation is way overblown. The threat of a terrorist attack within United States is so small, that the very possibility of you dying from a hand of an islamic jihadist is smaller then you being hit by lightning.

Really? What's stopping them? It certainly isn't our border security!!

Really? In all honesty, where do you come up with this assertion?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Maybe you should read this article here can explain Souljah reasoning:
www.reason.com...
You will see an explanation about anxieties terrorist attacks.

Don’t be terrorised by propaganda or by terrorist, you will make your intellect a favour.

Good day,

Kacou

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

So you are saying, that Muslims in general SCARE you?

If you travel with a plane and a Muslims seats next to you, you become nervous?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

So you are saying, that Muslims in general SCARE you?

If you travel with a plane and a Muslims seats next to you, you become nervous?

Islam scares me.

Women brainwashed into wearing hoods, submission to god, bowing down strictly five times a day to pray, as if it is military drills, the branding of members of non-Abrahamic religions kafirs, which is an insult in the Islamic world; wheres the love? The religion is designed to brainwash, almost as if it was a nationalistic government system.

My Muslim "friend" mocked me when I told him I became a pagan, he didn't take it seriously, he thought I "knew better" than that, it was so frustrating; the idea he couldn't comprehend, he thought I was drinking or something, it's a one-sided religious viewpoint. He tolerated me when I was agnostic but I think the fact that the religion I chose was not Islam that made him frustrated. I felt sick to my stomach after, I was so emotionally hurt I almost wanted to cry.

The average Arab Muslim, in my experience, has the same mentality of a fundamentalist Christian, only difference is they're more lenient with Christians and Jews but they reserve nothing but hatred for non-Abrahamic faiths, so it is no different for me; hey, at least Christianity teaches love the sinner, hate the sin (or at least thats what most Christians believe.)

Are there Muslims who do not think this way? Of course, but that depends on the environment they grow up in, regardless you dig into the Qur'an and especially the Hadith there are orders to act this way against kafirs.

My problems with Islam have very little to do with terrorism.

[edit on 10/24/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It is interesting that over HALF of the mosques in the UK are now run by hardline extremist radicals espousing hatred and violence toward anything NON muslim.
These brainwashed lunatics give this non provable beleif system an incredibly bad name.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

All of these 3 religions - Judaism, Christianity, Islam - have the same roots. Which means, that they share the same basic ideas. Which also means that they share the same violence and fundamentalism in their religion. If you ever read Torah you would know what I mean - since certain passages from this most important document in Judaism are very fundamental.

In any case - fundamentalists are on all sides of the religions and are not just Islamic. You have Jewish fundamentalists and Chirstian fundamentalists. I mean there is a certain percentage of extremism in every religion or nation or race or nationality. The only question here remains, why are the using the extreme version of their religion?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Talk and your own opinion's come real cheap, but there is one thing for certain, (assuming you are not a radical Muslim that is) I can guarantee you had it been your country they attacked you would be singing a whole new tune

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shots

Yes that IS the question.

WHO did actually attack YOU in your country?

Iraqis?

Afganis?

Which people from the countries that America is now occupying?

What if you would find out, that actually YOUR OWN people have attacked you? What would you do then? Would you then attack your own kind, who has raised their hand against their own nation? Hypothetically speaking (for yourself)?

[edit on 24/10/07 by Souljah]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

If you ever read Torah you would know what I mean - since certain passages from this most important document in Judaism are very fundamental.

They only apply to Jewish people, it's just when Jesus/Muhammad said to "spread the word" and proselytize, the Torah/Old Testament was tacked on along with it.

That said, the majority of Jews (In the US - Look up Reform Jews) have matured and realized that those old laws do not apply to today, and the ones that haven't don't bother messing with non-Jews regarding conversion and what they believe religion wise.

You have Jewish fundamentalists

A Jewish Fundamentalist is not the same as a Christian or Muslim fundamentalist. A Jewish fundamentalist I guess would be a Zionist, and the difference is that Christian and Muslim fundamentalists seek to convert and, depending on how extreme, kill other faiths (convert or die), Jews do not, at the very least not in modern times. And don't bring up Palestine that is primarily mostly territory and possibly race mixed with paranoia of persecution.

Name any time a Jew tried to convert other faiths based on the Torah and in modern times and provide proof and I'll happily revoke my previous statements. I believe the only time it happened was thousands of years ago when most groups were barbaric anyway, and it only happened on two occasions; regardless, greatly outnumbered by the amount of times the Christians and Muslims did that.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yes that IS the question.

Odd I made no question it was a statement but nice try at twisting what I saaid.

WHO did actually attack YOU in your country?

What have you been residing on a distant planet the past 6 years?
We were attacked by a group of radical Muslims

What if you would find out, that actually YOUR OWN people have attacked you?

I do not believe in that conspiracy hogwash so kindly do not even bring it into the converstation.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

What? Where are you coming up with this assertion now? What I am saying is that our national borders are wide freakin' open and anyone, including terrorists, who want to cross them can... There is nothing to stop them. So your assertion that it is more likely for lightening to hit you than for there to be a terrorist attack in America is faulty. THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING!!

[edit on 24-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

The average Arab Muslim, in my experience, has the same mentality of a fundamentalist Christian, only difference is they're more lenient with Christians and Jews but they reserve nothing but hatred for non-Abrahamic faiths, so it is no different for me; hey, at least Christianity teaches love the sinner, hate the sin (or at least thats what most Christians believe.)

All of the Abrahamic religions are like that.. They spit nothing but vile hatred for belief systems that do not coincide with theirs...What is funny is that Abrahamic religions claim to have the ultimate truth, when Hinduism, Buddhism and several other belief systems supersede them in age by a long shot. If anyone has the truth, it is most likely the older religions that do..

[edit on 24-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
All of the Abrahamic religions are like that.. They spit nothing but vile hatred for belief systems that do not coincide with theirs...What is funny is that Abrahamic religions claim to have the ultimate truth, when Hinduism, Buddhism and several other belief systems supersede them in age by a long shot.

Every Jew I've ever met has always respected my beliefs.

Some Christians have respected my beliefs, some haven't, to different extents.

Very few Muslims I've ever met respected my beliefs without at the very least trying to convert me.

Of course, that could just be because of liberalization; Judaism is of course the oldest of them all, so they had the most time to mature, and then theres the fact they were the most persecuted of them

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
If anyone has the truth, it is most likely the older religions that do..

Which is why I am a pagan.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Religious conversion - particularly in reference to the Arab conquests - may well have been a "Holy" prerogative, but it was also a very efficient means of control over a newly defeated populace. Basically, "You lost, we won. Now join us in our grand adventure".

Islam exploded out of the desert (the region being generally ignored by centuries of powerful neighbours), and proceeded to spread at a rate of conquest unseen since Cyrus the Great. The old order of the world was turned on it's head and once mighty empires collapsed with shocking speed.

Conversion by the sword, when viewed with cold rationality, was an extremely successful way of creating a new empire run by once squabbling tribes, these tribes were now united by religion.

Islam is no more violent than many other religions, it is being exploited and radicalised by a violent minority. The general impression I tend to get from "pagans" (I myself am Zoroastrian), is that the pagan pantheon of gods are somehow "nicer" than those of the Abrahamic religions. Tell that to the sacraficial victims of the Aztecs (some conservative estimates put their death toll of victims at around 20,000 per year, when the gods required it).

There are many maladjusted individuals with a desire to inflict suffering, religion is probably the easiest belief to twist and manipulate and so it's unsurprising that it proves to be a rich recruiting ground.

The ridiculous blame game that constantly appears on these forums says more about the people posting than about the matter at hand. People seem to willfully ignore context and merely post opinion (often a bigoted one), which can be extremely amusing as folks get increasingly wound up, however, it is not constructive and many threads simply degenerate into one gigantic whine-fest.

Sad really.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

I dare say more Muslims blow up planes than peanuts do though. So much for your circular logic desperately trying to deflect attention from the real problem by comparing death rates to causes. Where did you ever get the idea that how many people killed by whatever cause has anything to do with the problem of terrorism?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You guys know that the whole "72 virgins" thing is a mis-translation right? I can't remember how it actually goes but I think it's something like 7 raisins or 7 figs or something along those lines. Yet I hear westerners tossing it around like it's fact or something. Just like christian biblical scholars the people (and fundamentalists) who study the Quran make mistakes as well.

The holy books of all 3 major monotheistic religions order their followers to do unspeakable things. Throwing a few short quotes from the Quran into this thread is not proof that Muslims are more dangerous than Christians or Jews. Let's take a look at a few of the bible's greatest hits shall we?

Leviticus 20:9 If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations...then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

Ezekiel 20:25-26 I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts - the sacrifice of every firstborn-that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.

Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

...and on and on and on and on. As a previous poster pointed out it's all about the context. People who honestly live in fear of some kind of Muslim Attack are really watching too much TV. Personally, I live in more fear of the US government than followers of Islam. Where I live I see women wearing the hajibs, birqas, and even some nakobs every day.

All that said, I would be totally unsurprised if "terrorist" attacks were carried out by middle-eastern peoples against westerners in the future. With all the pain & suffering we've caused over there what were you expecting? You can only kick a dog so many times before they'll finally snap.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

That's not a documentary that's an episode of his show 30 days. That's one of the best shows on TV, btw. One of the few entertainment shows that takes on serious issues of consequence. He also did a show where he had a Minuteman move in with a Mexican family and a family of illegal immigrants in L.A.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join