It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS raiders enter Iran to kill gunrunners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Maybe you can't read you won post, but as I said the US never supplied any chemical weapons to Iraq. It was in actual fact the Germans and the French. The Germans actually built the worlds largest chemical weapons factory in the world in Samarra. You should educate yourslef a little more into the "facts", or at least make an attempt to back up what you say.

ok, here is the Riegle report showing exactly what chemicals and poisons were shipped to iraq.
www.gulfweb.org...
feel free to scroll down to " US exports of biological matrials to iraq"
the list is quite long
the Germans provided "technology" to iraq for nerve and mustard agents so if you want to get technical the US didnt "supply" iraq with chemical weapons but they supplied the material for chemical weapons. And by the way, if america knew, (and they did) that Germany was building huge chemical weapons plants and helping with production and we didnt approve, why wouldnt they stop them? and more importantly, why would they ship the agents,bacteria, toxins etc. to fill those weapons with?
you seem smart and educated so i will simplify this part. The US wanted iraq to win the war against iran after the fall of the shah. In June, 1982, President Reagan said that "the United States would do whatever was necessary and legal to prevent Iraq from losing the war with Iran."

lastly you say " You should educate yourslef a little more into the "facts", or at least make an attempt to back up what you say."
if i recall correctly there were 5 links in my above post i counted zero in yours.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by turbokid]

[edit on 25-10-2007 by turbokid]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
I believe the SASR has more than enough manpower with 3 squadrons of around 100 men each. They have one in Afghanistan and one in Iraq and the third back in Australia.

Well on that basis's wouldn't they have to deploy less then one squadron in Iraq and Afghanistan at one time to ensure that there was enough manpower so the SASR could be rotated ?

That way members of the SASR can go on leave and keep up there training e.t.c.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
We are performing Anti-terrorist activities, they are performing terrorist activities.

It all depends I suppose on what and who you class as a terrorist....
But then again......when has any government not done a terroist act?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Turbokid, I understand what you are saying but please understand there is a huge difference between chemical and biological weapons. The US never shipped any chemical weapons to Iraq nor did they provide equipment to make them, nor did they supply any precursor agents for chemical weapons.

As for providing Anthrax to Iraq, they were just strains, which believe it or not were accessible to almost anyone. Private citizens in the US could get them by mail order.

NOW back on topic. I was reading a few articles about the Kurdish terroist attacks across the border into Iran, should Iran be allowed to cross into Iraq as Turkey is threatening and take out these terrorists ? Should Iran be allowed to use the same rules as the US does ?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Fair enough buddy.

heres some reading material about those attacks into iran by kurdish rebels you spoke of.
www.iht.com...

as far as the question of whether or not iran should invade to stop the attacks, i would say they have every right to, the US certainly would. But where the problem lies is, the kurdish rebels are attacking the same people the Bush administration just labeled a terrorist group so in a way they are on our (bushes not mine
) side. And even in my linked article it says Tehran claims the US supports these rebels, and i posted two other links previously about 2 other terrorist groups the US supports aganst iran.
I'd say this situation could suck in more and more of the middle east into war, but i hope it doesnt.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join