It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SoCal Fires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Anyone down here in Southern California?

More specifically, in the valley area or perhaps a little more north of that..

Well I'm in Valencia, about 45 minutes north of LA and there are like 3 different fires going on around here and at least 2 other fires a little further away..

Anyone else experiencing this? The air quality is horrible, the ash and stench is almost unbearable.

My sister is in 6th grade i guess she doesn't have to go to school tomorrow.. Lucky her. All the school districts out here are closed as a matter of fact.

I hope I don't have to work tomorrow.. I work out doors it could be an uncomfortable day.. ah oh well.

Hope no one has been affected by the fires, be safe.. peace

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's about 5:30 AM was just about to leave for work when my boss called me..

Told me we won't be working today, that's good.

Anyways overnight the fires have gotten progressively worse. One of them is about a 100 yards or so from the housing development i live so things are getting a bit scary.

Another fire is slowly creeping towards us as well, almost like we're being sandwiched..

They're saying on the news the winds today are supposed to be worse then they were yesterday so thats not going to help.

Good luck to all those living near these fires and I'll keep you posted.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Just watching the fires on CNN.

Just saw a church burn down.

Be safe my brother!! And do keep us advised.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
hey guys its 9:41 AM now and i'm being evacuated out of my home..

hopefully i can get back on here tonight and tell you everything is ok, lol

good luck to any southern california residence

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Evacuated?!? Be safe, man. I hope that you get home OK tonight.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
thanks MM and whaa

well I"m back home.. seems the fire has moved further up the canyon away from the houses but the winds are still stronger then ever so the fight is far from over

theres still some pretty big fires in my area but none that are close enough to be of any concern

today was an interesting day to say the least.. i wonder whats in store for tomorrow

[edit on 22-10-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Please be really carefull, and please make sure you are all packed up in case anything changes,

Keep radios near ect,

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
thanks asala,

our car is still loaded up from when we evacuated this morning and will probably be loaded up until some time tomorrow

though the fires are getting further away from the houses the wind could easily change that

yesterday and today are two of the windiest days ever as far as i can remember

i have just been updated that a new fire has started by magic mountain if anyone knows what that is.. it's about 10 miles away from my house.. for a brand new fire this fire is HUGE. the smoke clouds are much larger then then the smoke clouds of the fire that is less than a mile away from me

top topics

join