It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the NWO Theory Doesn't Work For Me.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Before we delve into this too much further. I would like to know what everyone's actually beliefs involving NWO etc. So I have a better idea where each is coming from. I get the gist of it from each of you, but if you don't mind incredibly, humor me, and spell it out. Thanks so much each of you for your input thus far. At the very least it has challenged me to look at the whole thing a little differently.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
In the end grasshopper. It doesn't matter if it works for you. It works for them.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Those who believe that it is a power hungry group of high rolling conglomerates that control our world, from politicians on down. In this scenario wouldn't it to some degree be the absolute form of democracy if utilized properly. If these corporations, and wealthy marketing individuals are pulling the strings isn't their power based on us. We are the people that willingly hand them money, if we stop, say on a particular product, service etc, they scramble to appease us. Come up with something new and that would fit the populaces desires. For example, if when you woke up tomorrow you had found that everyone in the world had decided to ride bicycles from now on, the whole issue of oil would be a non issue. Those companies that refuse to adapt to a world without cars will die off, their power lost. Those who adapt will continue to be fed money and power by those who would really be in charge, us. Then you would see more laws being passed to limit or extinguish outright pollution of our planet etc. This of course is merely speculative and much like anything else I'm open to opinions. Yes, these companies want a hand in every aspect of our lives. Yes, we let them. Yes, we complain about them, but in the end they are doing what the majority of our idiot population wants. We want to have the block wide SUV's, we want junk food, and 200 channels. We want this degeneration of our culture whether we want it or not, and that's what they give us. They don't want to lose their influence in our lives, they don't want to lose their wealth. So although it might feel like they are in charge, in the end they kiss our feet for our money...... just not with a smile.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

God I sound incredibly naive in that post, but hopefully my core points still come across.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Not so much from the top down!

Special interest groups!

People can be brainwashed!

#... i think my brain's cracked again...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

Agreed, people are brainwashed someway or another every moment they spend awake. I'd like to think that I'm not quite as brainwashed as the average joe in line to buy a HUMMER...... special interest groups do have a lot to do with the current messes we find ourselves in. Yes there is a lot of corruption, but are you really of the mindset that there is no one with some shred of decency left in the quasi-neopolitical corporate centered government we now have. That has to be some left, I can't be that pessimistic.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I didn't say the special interest groups had to have bad intentions - maybe they believe that by gaing absolute power they're actually doing the world a favour.

It's just a shame that they don't realise that there's a whole load of itchy trigger fingers out there, and quite a few of them belonging to people who DON'T have a shred of decency in them.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

I haven't forgotten about this thread, just thinking of some of what has been mentioned. I'll be back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join