It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the NWO Theory Doesn't Work For Me.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Apologies for the double post!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber

Ah, but it is but a short leap for them to acheive that power, at least - shorter than the rest of the gaggle of greedy so-and-so's.

The difference between the bigger companies like Maersk and that of corporate chains like supermarkets is that the larger ones are usually owned by families, and as such - it is the current heir whom takes over when the current owner dies, there is no real transition of power other than that it goes directly to the next-in-line.

Even if the father does not want to seize power, the Son might.

Note that this also ensures loyalty within the group - although group this time being a family.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Throbber]

Would an oil conglomerate stand more of a chance of achieving what can classically be perceived as global domination then yes I agree with you. Have they? I doubt it. I agree with the supermarket chains and what not, but you have to admit places like Wal-Mart have a stranglehold on American economy at least to some degree.

On another related topic. FEMA has all the makings of a proper shadow government if it were actually run properly. I had my suspicions about them considering the broad sweeping power they can wield. However, when it was revealed that pretty much all of them are morons I walked away from that theory.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

They pharmo companies are crapilicious too, they control much as well. I just see all these issues as many organizations with many goals, most of which are negative in nature, but none of them have shown to me that they can be a cohesive evil organization. Thanks for your post.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

I can see how that works. With that much power and wealth you can't just stop one day and say that is all I want.

It's like an addiction.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Very true, pharmacutical companies are indeed extremily powerful - in a twisted, evil world perhaps there are pharma companies that could rival the oil companies.

Which is ultimately why i brought up Arms manufacture.

Anyone who has seen the film 'lord of war' (with nicholas cage, bearing in mind i am using this as a reference point and attribute no sense of inspiration from the film), will understand that every rifle, every sidearm, every BULLET, has cost money.

As such, someone is collecting this money.

In lord of war Nicholas played a russian arms dealer who was ultimately arrested for black market sales, however there are arms dealers whom do not engage in black market sales, or at least do so whilst bribing port officials/high ranking members of state (i'm pointing the finger at you, Bush & Co.).

Essentially, this is why we must tensure that corruption does not touch the higher echelons of power, because people can become more powerful because of it than they rightly should be able to.

If they become powerful enough, then they don't need to bribe anyone anymore, because they pay the people whom would normally be bribed.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
It seems to me that human nature dictates that there would be a group of the very rich and powerful controlling things. People who are attracted to and driven by the accumulation of wealth and power don’t just wake up one morning and say, “well, that’s just about enough wealth and power. Guess I’ll go fishing now”. They will always continue to accumulate, and then pass on what they have to their children, who have received the skills and temperament to carry on. In time alliances are formed, competitors eliminated and politicians bought and sold. You take this type of mindset to it’s ultimate, illogical extreme and you get a single world government that oversees total control of every aspect of the individuals life. Surely you can see how quickly we’re approaching this very condition.

Ah... we may very well be rapidly approaching such a condition, I just don't think we are quite there yet.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Osiris1953]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sorry guys life is calling. Specifically my family obligations, I will be back later on.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Would an oil conglomerate stand more of a chance of achieving what can classically be perceived as global domination then yes I agree with you. Have they? I doubt it. I agree with the supermarket chains and what not, but you have to admit places like Wal-Mart have a stranglehold on American economy at least to some degree.

You may doubt, but i'll recommend you one more point.

The people* whom own the oil companies do not only own oil companies, they can own other types of companies as well, thereby providing total control over specific aspects of life.

It isn't a big step to get to the conclusion that it's quite possible, and because it's possible, i must assume it has already happened.

*This is the interesting bit, it DOESN'T need to be the person himself, it can be a person that the owner of the company KNOWS, or is related to.

And that is what i like to call a social confederacy.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If there are lots of serparate elements (governments, oil, pharmas, etc) that strive for power and wealth for themselves, then could it be possible for another player to play them all and ultimately control everything?

Does the pursuit of wealth and power make a vulernability to being fooled like this?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

You don't see any elitists working together? This isn't a high school prom. They're not snubbing their noses at one another, they're leap frogging eachother in this modern balet of corporatism. If you don't think the wealthiest men and women in the world are trying to coordinate and strategize for the benefit of their own common good, you have some reading to do.

I'm not a raving lunatic or even a "conspiracy theorist" but I can see the obvious ties between wealth and global dominance.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yes, but it is unlikely, you could wait your entire life for the opportunity to do something like that.

Which is why i believe that if the NWO does eventually begin, the NWO organisation ITSELF will become a target not only of those opposed to the NWO, but those whom seek to take the NWO for themselves.

Like a martial artist, using one's strength against him.

EDIT: Of course, those of the organisation will be as paranoid as the most eccentric conspiracy theorist, they'll be expecting this and will have taken precautions.

Like having a private army, for example.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

they will lull everyone into a waking sleep,we can see it now,what better way to control your slaves then to keep them too weak to resist, too weak to question,too weak to think.....personally i beieve that population control is their overall agenda,this planet cannot possibly sustain the population growths we are seeing...to the elite, we are just commoners who over breed and use up all the resources,to an extent this is true,but who put them in charge ?..they did hundres of years ago....we have been slowly and steadily been working to this moment in time...where they will have no choice but to reduce the worlds population in a drastic manner....it is almost here.....are they doing it for power and greed? or is there a deeper future that we cannot see ...where to save the human race and the future of this planet millions must die to maintain a stable enviroment and save the planet for the chosen few???......we are now no more than cattle.....the only question now is ...how do they carry out this worldwide murder....?are they doing it slowly now? with sublte poisonings of us and our children...through vaccines, engineered flus?chem trails?food products?everyday household objects?...or is this method going to slowly for them....will it be soon when whole cities are imprisoned...thousnands rounded up....mass killings............i dont know ...but i do know that we are under their control whether we like it or not...the only question you need to ask yourself is am i willing to die for what i believe in ...or will i conform to save myself...and become a slave to my own fear......

mark.........

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
If there are lots of separate elements (governments, oil, pharmas, etc) that strive for power and wealth for themselves, then could it be possible for another player to play them all and ultimately control everything?

Does the pursuit of wealth and power make a vulnerability to being fooled like this?

Of course this is exactly what's being done, and it's the international bankers who run the show. I don't think it's a matter of being fooled though, for the most part it's strong-arm control, plain and simple.

Originally posted by YarlanZey
reply to post by resistor

I can see how that works. With that much power and wealth you can't just stop one day and say that is all I want.

It's like an addiction.

Doctor heal thyself.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Is the NWO an inevitable outcome of society? That with the race for ultimate wealth and power there will eventually be only one.

Would it also be inevitable that in the attempts to overthrow this NWO the world would be thrown into chaos and disorder. Once overthrown there would be all chaos as no-one rules, governs, controls.

Then it would all begin again. People will become leaders to tame chaos into order in the interest of the many. Power will take over and corrupts as it always does and the race begins again.

Has this happened before? Is this a natural cycle of human society?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

History says yes.

Not a one liner.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If the wars are terrible enough, it may have happened a few times...

Okay, i edited that from 'it may have happened dozens of time' out of sensibility.

I'm still a little pissed at Anthony # Anderson.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The way I figure it, there is two ways this could have played out. Either the wealthy elite long ago figured out that fighting between factions of themselves could only attain them limited amounts of power, and they all slowly decided to unite for the betterment of themselves... sort of an evolution of evil... OR there was one faction, or one family of royalty that, long ago decided it would be easier to take over EVERYTHING if they became friendly with other ruling factions and pretended to work together to further everyones agenda, in order to fool their enemies into thinking that they were ALL working together to form one world government, when in reality, that one faction has just been using it's enemies to further it's own highly secretive agenda for world domination, and in the end that family will try to dominate all those factions and become the one world ruler... but, you see... the second scenario would ultimately end back where we started a long time ago... because those factions will not go quietly, and the one world power will splinter again into separate warring nation-states.

So the most logical thing to do for the elite is just agree to disagree because if they have wars with each other again, they will most definitely lose the fortune and power that they have all amassed.

Hopefully that makes sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The US has sold their soul to the devil. Walmart/China dumping leaded goods at our feet while American jobs to bye bye.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by Osiris1953

You don't see any elitists working together? This isn't a high school prom. They're not snubbing their noses at one another, they're leap frogging eachother in this modern balet of corporatism. If you don't think the wealthiest men and women in the world are trying to coordinate and strategize for the benefit of their own common good, you have some reading to do.

I'm not a raving lunatic or even a "conspiracy theorist" but I can see the obvious ties between wealth and global dominance.

I am well aware of OPEC. I also understand what you are getting at with the High School prom analogy. However, though I do not doubt there are many people and organizations joining up behind the scenes, these are people who's whole lives revolve around self-importance and narcissism. Seeing these global elite all get together to hatch plots doesn't seem very likely in the near future. That alone is part of the reason that I cannot see a global conspiracy. Now many more localized conspiracies, and puppet masters, that I am more likely to believe.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Osiris1953]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

You have made some good points.... the one thing that I cannot figure out about you specifically is if you are playing devil's advocate and accept the possibility and are therefor trying to sway me. Or you believe and just happen to have more tact compared to a lot of other members on this site (not referring to anyone in this thread )

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join