It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Killed Dorothy Kilgallen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rdubb4

I will locate the articles tomorrow and post links to them here.

Most of them don't deal with her death, more on her squabbles with Frank Sinatra, Jack Parr, etc..

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by rdubb4

I will locate the articles tomorrow and post links to them here.

Most of them don't deal with her death, more on her squabbles with Frank Sinatra, Jack Parr, etc..

Sounds most interesting. I look forward to reading them, as I bet they paint an even different picture of her than the one we have already tried to establish.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If that was the WORST of What's My Line... I have seen much worse, and from THAT era.
Aside from yes, she drank, and yes, she took barbiturates, what of that secobarbital, amobarbital and pentobarbital were found in her brain, but only Nembutal was found in the glass, and not in her blood?
Further, why was the pink liquid not examined, (that was in her stomach).
What of the assertion that she did not sleep in that bed in that room, that she was dressed in a manner that she had NEVER been dressed before, and that she was smack dab in the middle of the bed, with a book she finished reading weeks ago, in a position that it would not have been if she had put it down.
Why is it that Dr. James Luke said when asked about the form in which she could have taken the barbituates her replied with, "We'd rather leave that up in the air. We don't want to give that out because ... well, just because."
WHAT!!!
Oh, and this is a good one..

Since Dr. Luke had gone to the scene the day of Dorothy's death and then did her autopsy, it would have been customary for him to sign her death certificate. But he did not do so. Instead, it was supposedly signed by Dr. Dominick DiMaio. Asked about this, Dr. DiMaio was nonplussed. "I wasn't stationed in Manhattan [where Kilgallen died]," he asserted. "I was in Brooklyn. Are you sure I signed it? I don't see how the hell I could have signed it in the first place. You got me. I don't know why. I know nothing about the case. I never handled it."

WHOA, that makes NO sense to me.
Why was there no indepth investigation by police? They closed the case without even attempting to determine the circumstances in which she died.
THOSE are the things that make this a conspiracy.
This is what I find interesting. As a woman, when I am all dressed up, the FIRST thing I do when I get home is clean the makeup off my face, and do you know about the make-ups back then??
It was like today's pancake makeup. It was light weight and silky smooth, you practically had to spackle it on you. ESPECIALLY back then, the first thing a woman did once she was alone was TAKE HER MAKE UP OFF, so that stuff didn't get into your pores, and clog them, making you break out, (yeah, I forgot about some of the lovely toxic additives.. it was little better than lead and arsenic) and destroying your completion.
Women then had it worse than women now. Then, the slightest hint of aging, you were drummed out. Even at the age if 52, a woman was expected to have the dewy completion of a 19 year old.
Let me tell you, she would NOT have done to bed with her make up on, even if she were falling down drunk.
So, either she took her make up off, or some how, she could NOT. And if she DID take her make up off, who put it ON.
See, that is the thing about make then, remember I said it was like pancake makeup? Well, you leave it on, and it started cracking. Here is a line for you..

Inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking

That is from Queen's The Show Must Go On, (given a nod by the movie Moulin Rouge).
One of the major causes of flaking make up then was make up that had been worn too long. The emulsifiers in the make up would start to dry up, and like spackle, it would begin flaking where there is facial movement, such as around the mouth and eyes and forehead.. you know, all those places character lines live.
The HAIRDRESSER might not have known by looking at her how long that make up was on her face, but her MAKE UP artist certainly would have.
I am reminded of a Columbo episode, and I was only about 6 or 7 when it came on.
The killer dressed the woman, and put her panties on backward, showing it was a man.
Yes, that was TV, but it highlighted for me that there are broad areas of woman life that few men know about unless they are gay.
Make up is one of them. And that the hairdresser noted that her wearing make up was out of the ordinary for her is something that is significant to me, especially since it was not followed up on.
Further, the way she was dressed indicates to me that someone made an assumption about her, and really was not aware of her sleeping habits.
The air conditioner thing though... If she were always complaining of being cold, the alcohol would not have made it warm for her to turn the AC on. if she were over heated, she would loose a few layers, and not dress up.
That made no sense to someone who themself is chronically cold.
However... even THEN it was known that the body temp readings on a bosy in a cold room can throw off the readings.
And we KNOW no one looked into this hard enough to determine, the room was at this temp, her last known time alive, blah blah, all the interesting mathematical calculations they use to help fix time of death in chilled rooms.
They didn't bother to do anything.
Oh, and did she eat the night before? It wasn't found in her stomach if she did.. did she throw it up? Where, was the dran traps checked?
Of course not.
But that could be why the Nembutal was found in the cup, but not in the body.. something to think about.
One last thing to add. Not throwing the race card, but if she were black, poor and unknown, all of the above not being investigated would be understandable.
But this woman was white, wealthy, and a celebrity!!
All of these strange occurrences point to a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FalseParadigm

Very insightful post

Thanks for your angle, definitely more to think about....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I promised some TIME mag articles on Dorothy Kilgallen from their archives:

Working Newswoman

Paper Dolls is it me or does this one have racial undertones?

TIME interesting blast from the past, DK (four time best-dressed winner)

Squints & Slaps

Yesterday's Globe-Trotter

50,000-Word Leak

Many more but I won't post any

If interested, you can check out the TIME archives.

It is a vast resources of information and to the thinking of days gone by.

Thankfully they offer it for free. thanks TIME

ed:sp

[edit on 2007/10/23 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Definitely some strange goings on with the Kilgallen death. Seems to have the same stench that the Marilyn Monroe investigation had.
Throw in the JFK assassination, Bobby Kennedy assassination and the MLK assassination and you have one GIGANTIC conspiracy.
It sure shows that those of us around in the 60's were extremely naive and had very little understanding of the inner working of the government and shadow govt. of that era
I as many others was skeptical of the Warren Commission report from the very beginning. But I think that there were very few people who connected all or even most of the dots nor could even fathom the massive power behind the scenes.
I really don't have many more answers now than I did back then but I sure have a lot more questions. I don't think I will live long enough to ever find out the truth. Hopefully some of you will.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I was re reading my post, and I realized I mistyped..

It was like today's pancake makeup. It was light weight and silky smooth, you practically had to spackle it on you.

That SHOULD read It was like today's pancake makeup. It was NOT light and silky smooth, you practically had to spackle it on.

What I was trying to express was this... Make up during that period was thick and heavy. Not light and silky smooth.
Today a woman might go to sleep forgetting she wore make up, because it doesn't FEEL like you have make up on. But make up back then you KNEW you were wearing it.
Ask your grandmothers about the make up during that time period if you have any doubts.
I should really stop posting when I am cross eyed from exhaustion, lol.
Anyway, I hope that clarifies things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join