It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White Sands Incident, by Daniel W. Fry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is one of a series of reviews on 1950's era UFO books in my collection. I believe it is instructive to be familiar with these early contactees to understand how they differ, and how they are so very similar to present day contactee stories.

The White Sands Incident, by Daniel W. Fry, PhD.* Louisville, KY: Best Books, Inc. 1966, 120 pages, illus, 21cm. (Note: This is actually a second edition. It includes “A report by Alan to Men on Earth from Outer Space, previously separately published.)

It was July 4, 1950 (changed in later books to 1949) when Daniel Fry missed the last bus into town from the White Sands Proving Grounds, leaving him stranded at the base. He decided to take a walk into the desert and was surprised when a saucer-like object landed not far from him. He walked around the craft and eventually touched the surface with palm of his hand. A disembodied voice came out of the air beside him and said,

“Better not touch the hull, pal, it’s still hot!” (p.19)

Thus began Fry’s association with the alien who would come to be known as “Alan,” from “A-Lan,” his real name. Fry never saw him for he was not in the saucer, but in the mothership several hundred miles above the surface of the Earth. Alan reports that he needs four more years to acclimate himself to the earth before he can actually land and impart his knowledge. Part of the reason for the cargo craft is to collect samples of earth’s air, but also, a reason was to contact Fry, who was known to be unusually open minded about such issues as aliens and space travel. The mothership had been around for thousands of years, but rarely contacted anyone because their minds were not as clear as Fry’s.

Alan apologizes to Fry for neglecting his duties as a host and invited Fry to take a ride. Once Fry is inside and seated the walls become transparent. Alan suggests a ride to New York City because the aliens consider the sight of the lights one of the most beautiful things on earth. They travel to New York and return in thirty minutes, traveling at 8,000 miles an hour. Fry is astounded, but also chastised by Alan for not understanding that he laws of acceleration are wrong and this can be easily accomplished. Alan also discusses the rudiments of what amounts to an anti-gravity drive.

As Fry is examining the ship he suddenly notices an imprint on the seat of a serpent and a tree, an age-old earthly symbol suggesting Adam & Eve. Alan reluctantly tells Fry that he lives only on the mothership and has no home planet. Indeed, thousands of years ago his people came to earth and established a civilization on an island in the Pacific Ocean called “Mu” or “Lemuria.” Another civilization was on an Atlantic Ocean island called “Atlantis.” At first the two civilizations were rivals, but then bitter enemies. They wound up destroying each other and making the earth uninhabitable. But then six aerial vehicles held a conference on the plateau of Tibet to decide what to do. Four of the vehicles decided to try to make it to Mars, and arduous journey that had never before been attempted. Three made it safely. The other two remained on earth to seed another civilization.

Curiously Alan does not tell how his race made it to earth in the first place, nor where they came from, not how they apparently lost the ability for inter-planetary flight, much less inter-stellar flight. He also does not detail how the seeded civilization on Mars turned out nor how those who remained on earth succeeded in rebuilding a civilization. This is where the original book ends, but this edition also includes subsequent chapters, the largest is “A report by Alan to men on earth from Outer Space.”

By this time it is 1954 and this is Fry’s third visit with Alan, this time in a sanctuary in the middle of the forests of Oregon. This time Alan tells Fry he must take his message to the world, give lectures around the country, and be subject to ridicule and humiliation. Over the previous visits Fry has been given considerable scientific and technical data along with admonitions against using nuclear weapons. Alan seems very well informed about Earth history, public figures from Columbus to Edison, and he uses Biblical quotations freely. Alan also explains that though it has been four years since his first encounter, if Alan were to land on the White House lawn, the government would imprison him to keep the secret of his presence. So the deal is off: Fry has to go it alone.

Alan goes on to criticize earthly science and suggest that though earth had done pretty well in the material end, its problems are because it has turned away fro God. He also suggests that rather than love God, this has been mistranslated. We ought to understand God. This is the most important aspect of all. Indeed, Fry goes on to establish his “Understanding” company and newsletter which he publishes until shortly before his death. Alan proclaims that if we follow these guidelines, a Golden Age is before us.

The remaining chapters discuss Alan’s ability to communicate with Fry. This is by a “directed carrier beam” set to Fry’s own frequency, a kind of telepathy, but with technical details. Fry then answers typical questions he has been asked and ends with quotations from other UFO researchers such as Hynek. He ends with two pages of Biblical quotations.

* Daniel W. Fry, 1908-1992. His PhD in Cosmism was from St. Andrew’s Ecumenical College in London, England and was awarded to non-resident students for life experiences. See this web site for additional information.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I would agree, but I would replace God with spirituality. To me, following a religion is to not be free. Its another set of rules to follow, rules that you dont even need if you are a good person who cares for others by your own free will.

This also ties into what Dr Greer from Disclosure Project says about the aliens he claims to have been in contact with. We have no respect for life and still kill each other over silly things on this planet, because we dont feel any reason why we shouldnt. We have lost contact with what it means to be spiritual.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I would agree, but I would replace God with spirituality. To me, following a religion is to not be free. Its another set of rules to follow, rules that you dont even need if you are a good person who cares for others by your own free will.

Sure, Fry was a devout Christian, so naturally he would see things in that light and say "God" where you might say "spirituality." It can also explain the frequent scripture quotes by both he and his alien friend Alan.

Although I try to not be judgmental within the reviews of these old books, outside the review is a little different. Fry had pictures of the UFO in his books, and even a 16mm film, which is highly unusual, of course. In the film you can see the saucer swing like a pendulum. In some of the stills you can see the string from which it hangs.

I'll not condemn Alan's message, which is roughly the same as all contactees. His science is totally whacko, though. The Lemuria stuff is contradictiory and woefuly incomplete. The preponderance of evidence would suggest that though Fry's message might be just fine, he faked it completely. There was no space ship. There was no Alan, except, perhaps, inside Fry's head.

His "Understanding" newsletters are available at the Fry web site along with some of his other writing.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Fry had pictures of the UFO in his books, and even a 16mm film, which is highly unusual, of course. In the film you can see the saucer swing like a pendulum. In some of the stills you can see the string from which it hangs.

You know, it's always the same old cheap phrase. "the string from
wich it hangs", a classic cliche by skeptics that now you are using yourself
following the tradition. If you claim that you see that string in those
photos why did'nt you post the photos suposedly analyzed by you
showing the alleged strings as evidence to support your claim?

You said Daniel Fry has a 16mm film. You're wrong he has several films
and even one in color. I think you're research is not accurate. It's clear
that your intention was to debunk Daniel Fry's case, a debunk that
resulted weak with no evidences against the famous contactee.
We need a lot more than that.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have his book.
Although I've read it twice, I still find it unconvincing.
I truly wanted to be convinced. But it just did not hold up.
What did hold up was his overall message of 'we need to be more caring and loving, and spiritual'.
That I totally agree with.
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but I've seen the culture in the good ol USA decline dramatically over the last 10-15 years. I think hollywood programming polluting the U.S. and the world has a lot to do with that.
Dan's claim to a Phd. sort of killed the cred factor for me.
Still in all, a fun 1 hour read. Very short book.

Also, the picture of the craft, and drawing based on his description did not match at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You believe whatever you want, free spirit. Go for it! If this is your standard of proof, then you are fair game for every two-bit huckster with a piece of a string and a pair of tin pie plates wanting to separate the credulous from their money. There’s nothing preventing you from reading the entire book, which is right here, and reporting back to ATS how amazing Alan, the A-Lan alien and his mothership buddies are and how much they have contributed to the world by telling us we really ought to be more spiritual and not fight wars so much.

While you’re at it you might want to explain how this race of aliens came out of nowhere, founded Lemuria, got in a war with Atlantis which made the earth uninhabitable, then had a very hard time getting to Mars, because it had never been done before (Say what?), to found a civilization there, while simultaneously starting over here. Also please explain how acceleration to 8,000 mph is just a misperception on the part of our scientists and how telepathy is just a directed carrier beam tuned to the higher vibrations of Fry’s agile mind, for which he was picked for his stunning mission. Also explain how, although A-Lan and his mothership have been buzzing around Earth for tens of thousands of years and his race founded Lemuria, he has to acclimatize to Earth and needs samples of the atmosphere.

Also, please explain Fry’s fake PhD, the appellation of which he used in anticipation of getting it, from a down and out London seminary who needed to raise money by giving out PhD’s in “Cosmism” simply for life experience. But hey! He's Daniel W. Fry, PhD! Fry’s story is as full of holes as a Billy Meier wedding cake garbage can lid, and as fake as Adamaski’s lamp shade with ping pong ball drive units. I think taking a look at these naïve 1950’s era contactee stories is instructive to show how not much has changed in fifty years, including, unfortunately, the starry-eyed believers.

Next up: Truman Bethurum and the smacking-lips-hot brown-eyed Latino Captain Aura Rhanes, who wore a short radiant red pleated dress and a form-fitting black velvet blouse showing off her full figure, along with a red and black beret worn at “a jaunty angle.’ She’s from the planet Clarion, in the same orbit as Earth, but opposite the Sun, where they are all church-going Christians who speak perfect English, but always in rhyme and who expect to live a thousand years. I say, if you've gotta pick an alien, leave the disembodied never-met A-Lan on his mothership and have a go with Aura Rhanes. There's a convenient couch in her office aboard the 'scow.' Amen, brother.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Excellent review (and subsequent analysis) thanks. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

Next up: Truman Bethurum and the smacking-lips-hot brown-eyed Latino Captain Aura Rhanes, who wore a short radiant red pleated dress and a form-fitting black velvet blouse showing off her full figure, along with a red and black beret worn at “a jaunty angle.’

[snip]

I say, if you've gotta pick an alien, leave the disembodied never-met A-Lan on his mothership and have a go with Aura Rhanes.

I beg to differ, gentlemen prefer blondes and on the basis of originality alone, it’s tough to beat Antonio Villas Boas’ hot night out…

(to be completely honest though not sure about the red pubes and barking is always a big turn off)

en.wikipedia.org... (1957)

Once inside the craft, Boas said that he was stripped of his clothes and covered from head-to-toe with a strange gel.

[snip]

Shortly after this, Boas claimed that he was joined in the room by another humanoid. This one, however, was female, very attractive, and naked. She was the same height as the other beings he had encountered, with a small, pointed chin and large, blue catlike eyes. The hair on her head was long and white (somewhat like platinum blonde) but her underarm and pubic hair were bright red. Boas said he was strongly attracted to the woman, and the two had sexual intercourse. During this act, Boas noted that the female did not kiss him but instead nipped him on the chin and, like the others he had encountered, made barking noises instead of speech.

When it was all over, the female smiled at Boas, rubbing her belly and gestured upwards. Boas took this to mean that she was going to raise their child in space. The female seemed relieved that their "task" was over, and Boas himself said that he felt angered by the situation, because he felt as though he had been little more than "a good stallion" for the humanoids.

It’s a dirty job but somebody has to do it?

What do you think, best excuse to give the old lady for being home late ever?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You believe whatever you want, free spirit. Go for it! If this is your standard of proof, then you are fair game for every two-bit huckster with a piece of a string and a pair of tin pie plates wanting to separate the credulous from their money.

You missed the point: The alleged "piece of string" holding the flying
saucer you found on the film. But no photo or image from the analysis
to see the evidence. For several decades those films by Daniel Fry
have been debated but because they are old 16 mm films it's almost
imposible to distinguish a true string from the film's noise and artifacts.

This is fact and even researcher Timothy Good wrote: "However,
it is nearly impossible to tell if the string is not vertical lines resulting
from noise, being interpreted as a string. The footage has too much
noise that look like lines as the screenshot shows"

Unless you discovered a new technique to clean those old films and
discover the "secret string" your claim is not valid. This is my point.

By the way I have indeed a copy of Daniel Fry's book in my collection.
All the other issues you are mentioning like Lemuria, Atlantis,
Truman Bethurum and even Billy Meier are out of context and
definitely not of my concern.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
By the way I have indeed a copy of Daniel Fry's book in my collection.
All the other issues you are mentioning like Lemuria, Atlantis,
Truman Bethurum and even Billy Meier are out of context and
definitely not of my concern.

Huh? You must not have read the book.

Tens of thousands of years ago some of our ancestors lived upon this planet, Earth, there was, at that time, a small continent in a part of the sea-covered area which you have named the Pacific Ocean. Some of your ancient legends refer to this sunken land mass as the 'Lost Continent of Mu' or 'Lemuria.'
Our ancestors had built a great empire and a mighty science upon this continent.
At the same time there was another rapidly developing race upon a land mass in the south central area of the present Atlantic Ocean. In your legends this has been named Atlantis. (Pages 59-60)
With the constantly increasing bitterness between the two races, and with their constantly increasing command of destructive energies, it was inevitable that they should eventually destroy each other. (Page 60)

Source: The White Sands Incident by Daniel W. Fry, PhD. Louisvulle, KY: Best Books, Inc., 1966, 120 pages.

The quote above is just one of several made by A-Lan describing his race's tenancy on this planet. Now, sir. That is hardly 'out of context.' It is part of the book and an integral part of the story. I don't think you can get more 'in context' than that. Books look very nice on the shelf, but they don't do much good if you don't actually read them.

You're going to absolutely love Aura Rhanes. Bethurum called her 'tops in shapliness and beauty.'

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Source: The White Sands Incident by Daniel W. Fry, PhD. Louisvulle, KY: Best Books, Inc., 1966, 120 pages.

The quote above is just one of several made by A-Lan describing his race's tenancy on this planet. Now, sir. That is hardly 'out of context.' It is part of the book and an integral part of the story. I don't think you can get more 'in context' than that. Books look very nice on the shelf, but they don't do much good if you don't actually read them.

You're going to absolutely love Aura Rhanes. Bethurum called her 'tops in shapliness and beauty.'

As I suspected you are conveniently omitting your alleged "piece of string"
attached subject. I knew it was just a bluff. Fine you just confirmed my
point. Now continue with your debunk wich is some decades extemporaneous.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Acually, I don't think all your points are worthy of a response and I certainly don't have time to respond to all of them, just the most egregious fabrications. From what you have posted so far it is obvious you have not actually read the book. But as for the pictures I urge everyone to judge for themselves by looking here. Now, on to Aura Rhanes, vastly more interesting than Fry.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Acually, I don't think all your points are worthy of a response.

It's only one point schuyler, only one point here with me: your "alleged
"piece of string" unproven claim. Don't try to be smart.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Hi Schuyler,

I went to the link you have provided and would like to thank you for posting this link Even though I can see some of the ATS members shooting down this thread, there were a lot of good points on the "Incorrect Translations of the Bible" and "The Three Branches of Science".

This writing did enlightened the way I look at things and have a better understanding in brief of how important understanding each other as humans are. And how I have a better understanding how the Spiritual Science, Social Science and Physical or Material Science are, and how they're dependent on one another.

Just reading the brief view has sparked a lot of thoughts and ideas in my mind from just a different perspective.

I think some of the ATS members need to look past the entire alien story and Daniel Fry getting a ride on a ship and maybe too much emphasis goes into weather that story is true or untrue.

But the important point of this event is on how humans communicate and understand each other and how we can actually progress.

I just read the entire two web pages and I plan on reading more later on when I get home.

Thank you for sharing this and I think it's a great discovery that you decided to share.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Spare me the dramatics. Go to the link I provided. There you can SEE THE STRING. End of story. End of free_spirit. Sheesh!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Spare me the dramatics. Go to the link I provided. There you can SEE THE STRING. End of story. End of free_spirit. Sheesh!

Well you are certainly running away before compromising yourself
not providing that evidence of your alleged "piece of string" schuyler.
I knew since the first time you are an amateur debunker, what a
disappointment. You just repeated what others claimed in the past
but without providing a single evidence of the alleged string in
the stills. For what is worth everything you are reviewing are just your
own opinions but not facts because nothing is a fact, just theories
and opinions. Even Daniel Fry's story.

I still would like to see a good debunk of the Daniel Fry story, a detailed
one supported by evidences not a half debunk like yours schuyler. If
you were really professional and serious you would post your ultimate
evidence of the piece of string holding the flying saucer. It's very easy
to talk without doing any research. Next time don't be so dramatic
yourself and avoid to repeat other people's words if you can't prove
them.

You are angry and taking this very personal schuyler by saying:
"End of free_spirit. Sheesh!"

How old are you schuyler ?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is how the new age movement first began to replace God with aliens.
They replaced scripture with channeling, Remember Ruth Montgomery and her automatic handwriting? Or the being known as Seth? So many more were to come and the Christians loved the idea of dropping the past and yet they simply replaced one dogma for another. People really want the familiar. Past present nothing new under the sun?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I am sorry seems like whenever I make a post it is always the last one...
I am never at a loss for amazement with your threads Schuyler, Don't listen to what the above comments were. Its not true and that was just a jealous banter to throw you off and put you on the defence. You have just the right amount of courage to be both debunk-er and stand up for what you believe to be the truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Daniel Fry's message to this world was a truly GREAT one, wherever it came from. Understanding is something we could all benefit from having more of.

top topics

join